Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I had 2 of my friends ask my crush if he liked me and he said no, one of my friends that asked, sits right next to him so he asked her when we got back into class from recess  why she asked him that, she said for emma (aka me), and then asked if she told me and she said yes, and he said no why did you tell her, she told me he started to feel bad and act weirdly. Do you guys think he said no trying to act cool or maybe out of embarrassment? or do you guys think he just doesnt want to be mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think he said no because he meant no. Most likely he was telling the truth and he is not into you unfortunately. I mean does he have any reason to lie?

Link to post
Share on other sites

He probably has had a crush on one of your friends for the longest time. He just can't let on about it because he doesn't want to mess up his chances with her by hurting you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smackie9 said:

Well if this was done at recess, he might be too young to really be interested.

he said he likes someone but he wont tell anyone near me, and he always teases me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rose Mosse said:

He probably has had a crush on one of your friends for the longest time. He just can't let on about it because he doesn't want to mess up his chances with her by hurting you.

 

Both of the friends that asked are taken, he wouldnt like them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

I would let it go. Usually guys are pretty straightforward - tell it like it is.  I figure if he was into me he would ask me out.

we are in 8th grade though....

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SooSad33 said:

Yeah, sorry, does not sounds like he is into you the way you'd want him to be.  So, just leave it be now.

Move along 🙂 

not that easy...

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tinydance said:

I would think he said no because he meant no. Most likely he was telling the truth and he is not into you unfortunately. I mean does he have any reason to lie?

he might be too shy to admit though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ems123 said:

we are in 8th grade though....

Ok so you two are 13-14? Just ask a nice boy to the dance. Don't get stuck on one boy and chase them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ems123 said:
16 hours ago, Capricorn3 said:

 

we are in 8th grade though....

I'm in 8th grade too. 

For this guy I like, it took me a few years to tell him I like him. He was okay with it but we aren't dating yet and that's fine!

The guy you like, he probably doesn't like you back. Boys are very blunt in what they say. But they don't wanna hurt anyone. Just because they "tease" you and all probably doesn't mean anything at all. That's how boys act. All of my guy friends teases me but only sees me as a friend. Don't assume anyone as "shy" or anything. Just keep cool.

My best advice to you, from someone who is experiencing this to another, try to be accepting and wait. Maybe he does end up liking you in high school. There is still time. 

You're too focused on him at the moment. Try having fun with your friends and activities. That's what I did with my current crush. I confessed to him and continue having fun with everyone else. It works, and we do keep in contact. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2021 at 5:35 PM, ems123 said:

Do you guys think he said no trying to act cool or maybe out of embarrassment? or do you guys think he just doesnt want to be mean.

He may have been embarrassed or acting cool or he may be a private person.

Some classmates (friends of a boy) asked me once whether I was interested in this boy. I answered no. Why? It was none of their business whether I liked him or not. What I didn't get at the time is that this boy might've been interested in me so his friends, sort of, did the work for him.

Anyhow, I'm sharing this with you because the best way to know the truth is to go directly to the source. 🙂

Edited by greendots
Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important thing I learned during my school years when it comes to crushes is to deal with those privately on my own.

Don't involve anyone else in your love life. If you want to flirt, flirt directly. No notes, no friends running interference--no wildcards that YOU cannot control.

Do NOT confide your crushes to friends, because they will inadvertently embarrass you somehow, and then you will end up losing a friend over some real or imagined betrayal, while YOU could have avoided that by keeping your own mouth shut.

Don't put responsibility for your private love life on anyone else, and then you won't set yourself up for humiliation or trying to figure out 'meaning' based on second hand information. 

If you want to flirt with someone and learn what HE will do about that, then do that.

Otherwise, be quiet until you build your own courage to do so.

Head high. You'll have lots of crushes. Learn how to navigate those wisely by keeping your responsibilities to your SELF.

Edited by catfeeder
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, hoshi said:

You're too focused on him at the moment. Try having fun with your friends and activities. That's what I did with my current crush. I confessed to him and continue having fun with everyone else. It works, and we do keep in contact. 

thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, greendots said:

He may have been embarrassed or acting cool or he may be a private person.

Some classmates (friends of a boy) asked me once whether I was interested in this boy. I answered no. Why? It was none of their business whether I liked him or not. What I didn't get at the time is that this boy might've been interested in me so his friends, sort of, did the work for him.

Anyhow, I'm sharing this with you because the best way to know the truth is to go directly to the source. 🙂

thats actually a really good idea, that i may just try!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, catfeeder said:

The most important thing I learned during my school years when it comes to crushes is to deal with those privately on my own.

Don't involve anyone else in your love life. If you want to flirt, flirt directly. No notes, no friends running interference--no wildcards that YOU cannot control.

Do NOT confide your crushes to friends, because they will inadvertently embarrass you somehow, and then you will end up losing a friend over some real or imagined betrayal, while YOU could have avoided that by keeping your own mouth shut.

Don't put responsibility for your private love life on anyone else, and then you won't set yourself up for humiliation or trying to figure out 'meaning' based on second hand information. 

If you want to flirt with someone and learn what HE will do about that, then do that.

Otherwise, be quiet until you build your own courage to do so.

Head high. You'll have lots of crushes. Learn how to navigate those wisely by keeping your responsibilities to your SELF.

thats a terrific idea! thank you!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 2:02 PM, Wiseman2 said:

Ok so you two are 13-14? Just ask a nice boy to the dance. Don't get stuck on one boy and chase them.

its hard to ask someone else to a dance when you are only stuck on one boy, you cant just do that. it may not only hurt me but it could hurt others in the process. Rather he likes me or not he could still get upset. I am planning on trying my best to talk to him on Monday, just me and him, face to face, about the whole thing. if i dont get enough off my chest ill get stressed out, ive put out my feelings, ive put out a smile, but what i havent put out is the courage to talk to him, to ask him out, if he rejects me ive learned its worth trying, theres many people out there that will like me or maybe even do, i shouldnt just be hurt about one rejection. It happens, this is what this app/site has taught me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ems123 said:

I am planning on trying my best to talk to him on Monday, just me and him, face to face, about the whole thing. if i dont get enough off my chest ill get stressed out

By 'whole thing,' don't refer to the friend--at all.

Head high, you're very brave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

By 'whole thing,' don't refer to the friend--at all.

Head high, you're very brave.

im a little confused as to of what you mean.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ems123 said:

im a little confused as to of what you mean.

You said <<I am planning on trying my best to talk to him on Monday, just me and him, face to face, about the whole thing. if i dont get enough off my chest ill get stressed out...>>

I'm asking what 'the whole thing' means to you? Does it include discussing his convo with your friend who told you about their convo, or not? If so, I'm suggesting NOT to do that. Leave any mention of the friend out of your discussion. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, catfeeder said:

I'm asking what 'the whole thing' means to you? Does it include discussing his convo with your friend who told you about their convo, or not? If so, I'm suggesting NOT to do that. Leave any mention of the friend out of your discussion. 

The ¨whole thing" means like, him saying he didnt like me but then getting upset when i was informed of the news, also including how i feel about everything and how it has affected me, and how i feel emotionally, also including why i like him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...