I don't feel anything when we kiss

Zara12

Hey everyone so I am in relationship with this guy  and about to complete 2 year we love each other so much that we can't live without each other but at starting of relationship whenever we kiss I feel like he is the one whose lips I want to kiss forever but now as we are about to complete 2 year I don't feel anything when we kiss 

Can anyone tell me what is the problem?

First, could I ask how old you are? 

The crazy butterflies you feel at the beginning of a relationship are bound to flutter down over time, but they're often replaced (or complemented) by a different feeling - something akin to warmth, deeper connection and deeper desire for the person, stemming from a longer history together. 

If you really feel no reaction, though, you might want to explore what else is going on: how is your intimacy with him otherwise? Do you feel you have drifted apart romantically? I've experienced this before, in a longer-term relationship, and it was a reflection of my waning interest in him and the knowledge that we were more friends and roommates than a couple any longer. 

This always happens to me in long term relationships. I get comfortable, I forget about the spark. I learned in one relationship that I could get the spark back if I kept in my mind what it felt like to kiss in the very beginning and I’ve had one long term relationship since where I kept that in my mind and the spark never faded. So, give it a go, next time you kiss, imagine you’re kissing for the first time, remember the butterflies. Try this a little while, either you will be able to rekindle your interest in him or the thing has run it’s course and you body has realised this long before your head will, in which case it’s time to let him go.

17 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

First, could I ask how old you are? 

The crazy butterflies you feel at the beginning of a relationship are bound to flutter down over time, but they're often replaced (or complemented) by a different feeling - something akin to warmth, deeper connection and deeper desire for the person, stemming from a longer history together. 

If you really feel no reaction, though, you might want to explore what else is going on: how is your intimacy with him otherwise? Do you feel you have drifted apart romantically? I've experienced this before, in a longer-term relationship, and it was a reflection of my waning interest in him and the knowledge that we were more friends and roommates than a couple any longer. 

I'm 19 

Mmm we fight a lot . He always takes my words at the wrong way and some time we don't talk to each other more than 2 days but in the end we solve it together. Apart from this everything is good we share everything with each other we never keep secrets 

Sorry for my english.

17 hours ago, 1a1a said:

This always happens to me in long term relationships. I get comfortable, I forget about the spark. I learned in one relationship that I could get the spark back if I kept in my mind what it felt like to kiss in the very beginning and I’ve had one long term relationship since where I kept that in my mind and the spark never faded. So, give it a go, next time you kiss, imagine you’re kissing for the first time, remember the butterflies. Try this a little while, either you will be able to rekindle your interest in him or the thing has run it’s course and you body has realised this long before your head will, in which case it’s time to let him go.

Thanks for your advice 🥰

4 hours ago, Zara12 said:

I'm 19 

Mmm we fight a lot . He always takes my words at the wrong way and some time we don't talk to each other more than 2 days but in the end we solve it together. Apart from this everything is good we share everything with each other we never keep secrets 

Everything is not good if you fight a lot and then go days without speaking, OP. That is not some small issue.

It isn't normal or healthy, and it's the sign you two are probably not compatible. You're also very young and likely have outgrown this relationship. 

It happened to me too. I loved my ex but I wasn’t in love with him anymore. I’m sure that you should still get that flutter after 79 years. You should see that look he gives you and think “oh my god I hope he kisses me”. Without it you’ll resent him and what you have will feel tainted. 

Archived