A new different health scare

Can you get a couple of other opinions? It just seems crazy that you can't do anything for this condition.

How is your insurance? Sometimes doctors make decisions based on their wallets rather than on your best interest.

One example of this that I can give was when I found a deer tick on me and my doctor refused to prescribe a very accurate Lyme's Disease test because my insurance wouldn't cover it. She only agreed to cover it when I said I'd pay for it myself!!

Another example is a situation that I'm currently going through with my back. Except in this case, my insurance does cover everything. I was talking to the pre-cert person at my doctor's office about a small bill that I'd received (only about $30). During the conversation, I expressed concern about all of the denied EOBs I was receiving. I'm in the midst of completing about 18 procedures, all of which require general anesthesia. Would I be responsible for tens of thousands of dollars when this was all said and done? The lady reassured me that I would not. But she said, "We wouldn't be having this pretty little conversation if your coverage wasn't so high."

So, my advise to you is, talk to other doctors. You'll get different opinions and you may also find offices that are more adept at circumventing insurance limitations.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. They do have to follow up so that's normal. As far as clinical vs pathology diagnosis, you can have clinical overactive bladder as well as interstitial cystitis on the pathology specimen. Hope you are feeling better.

at least I have clear concrete answers and solutions.

I do like my current doctor. I know what you mean though about doctors jumping the gun for money as I’ve had that happen to me. Its just that unfortunately I do have a giant protruding growth of some sort taking up part of the bladder. The problem is, it will get bigger which I can’t let happen it’s already enormous. Because it’s protruding inside my bladder, it’s causing my bladder to be smaller making me have incontinence. So it’s giving me the symptoms of overactive bladder and cystitis.

She doesn’t want to jump to surgery she wants to save that as last resort. Right now she wants to calm down my bladder. So I’m taking medication that hopefully will help. She also on the safe side wants to do biopsies every four-six months of that growth.

It’s really me that wants the growth out! I feel if the medication doesn’t work for some reason then In order to have a life of not wetting is remove the obstacle in my bladder causing this.

Its more anatomy then a condition if that makes sense? I saw the protrusion on the images she took it’s massive and causing more harm then good. My insurance does cover all of this. I just don’t see her being money hungry as she’s conservative in her approach to things. She tries to do minimal if she can.

It’s just this bizarre growth that has a chance of becoming cancer still.

She is right now trying other things first before just jumping to removing it.

I'm really sorry this is causing you so much discomfort and worry. I'd be worried too. I'd speak with your doctor about how much discomfort this is causing you in the follow up visit you have with her. You should let her know how much it's compromised your freedom and mobility and how it's seriously affecting your self-esteem and comfort levels in every aspect of your life. Unless the mass has grown into your other organs and it's a risky procedure removing it I don't know why any doctor would not remove this mass especially if it's a high cancer risk. This doesn't sound right. I think you ought to be more vocal about how you feel and what you think about it. It's your body. Be honest with her. If she has an explanation for you, that's fine. Listen to what she has to say. I'd also get a second opinion because I don't think you should be living with this if it doesn't feel right to you.

Yes, at this point surgery seems to be the best idea. You don't want this mass hanging around until it becomes something worse.

Better to get rid of it and be on your way to healing.

I really do hope things go well for you and that you get on the road to recovery, very soon.

Sending hugs your way as none of this can be easy.

Thank you so much Rose and SherrySher,

It’s getting to the point where I have an embarrassing quality of life. I see her in a month or sooner...the medication has already exasperated the condition as a side effect. It’s relaxing my bladder too well. It’s a major surgery but I have no choice. I should be hearing soon from the doctors office as I left a message.

Archived