Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

• 2 weeks later...

So , my doctor is taking me off this medication even though the Januvia protects the heart and kidneys. He is putting me on straight metformin and he says the tinnitus should stop in a few days. He said, depending upon my A1C if it isn’t down enough, he might have to put me on Ozempic or Invokana. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had my appointment check up and even though my A1C was up a bit 7.2 and I said well I hadn’t had a kitchen for six weeks which was true and I had to eat out two meals a day for six weeks so it blew me out of the water . He said he could see that and he knows I will do great and be ok. Everything else was fabulous. My thyroid was perfect. My vitamin and mineral levels were perfect. Blood composition was perfect. He said I am in excellent health for my age other than diabetes. He your blood work is always very very good and you must care about your health. 

He did a mental health check with me recently as well and I said I am less anxious than I have been in decades and I am learning to have great boundaries and he said “ awesome ! You’re amazing “ and said my new medication is much better for me. 

He renewed all my medications for a year. 

• Thanks 1