Angry at me for being voice of reason

Ttpj

Totally missed the post about her leaving him. OP, it's not about this one instance. She probably had one foot out the door, and this just happened.

You say you never fight, or see her too angry, but that she has anger issues. She may have felt she could not be herself around you, or always bottled up her feelings around you till they explode like what happened at the park.

Either way, lawyer up; she may have been planning over handling the assets for some time. I am sorry this is happening for you.

Yes but in this situation he first had to deal with his wife's imminent violence with a bat/weapon against these kids before dealing with the rest. I'm sure his adrenaline was going. If she'd simply gone over there and told them off my sense is he would have accompanied her and backed her up. It required quick thinking in a tense situation. I agree that he should have explained to her that of course he felt badly that she was hit/injured and of course they should apologize even if they didn't aim at her, but in the moment he had to make sure she didn't hit them with their bat.

"in the moment he had to make sure she didn't hit them with their bat." I agree. What was he supposed to do?

He said that she was "livid" and that "she has some anger issues". She conducted herself in a most irrational way, IMO, and he did what he felt he had to do.

My husband would have followed them, grab them, and make them apologize. But he'd never physically hurt kids, just scare them a bit, but he'd also wouldn't do it with a weapon. So instead of yelling at the kids, you treated her like she was a maniac about to give some kids a beatdown. I wasn't there, but it sounds you just assumed she couldn't handle herself, and she thinks you weren't there to defend her.
I'm sure you are correct in your analysis which of course shows how irrational she is if she would leave him over this and would be so emotionally immature to think that he wasn't there to defend her against children that were running away from them in fear. (I wonder what she was screaming at them while running at them with a bat before the Op stopped her?) Anyway, this incident isn't their first rodeo I'm sure and when push comes to shove (no pun intended) he's better off without her in his life, I think he will soon realize.

Your wife was operating at the same emotional level as the kids she was going to attack... all the way to getting angry with you for not, as she saw it, defending her. That really belongs in the realms of school playground brawls.

However, the consequences in adult life for this kind of behaviour are horrendous, and you did her a favour by stopping her impulsivity.

If she is using this as a justification for leaving you, then you need to accept it and defend yourself and your finances as best you can. However... I see two possible scenarios here. One is that she's been building up a pile of resentment for ages and this was the tipping point. OR that she's punishing you, hoping you'll grovel and then she'll 'forgive' you and come back.

Neither of these is a promising scenario for your future life together.

Archived