Did I Ruin Everything By Blowing Up His Phone After We Had Sex?

ThatGirlTayl

You are supposed to call the abuse hotline or seek out some resources. You can't do it on your own, but yes, you are supposed to walk away. Whether you love him or not. The same way someone who is addicted to heroin would need help to get off of it.

Yeah. It feels like I'm going through some kind of withdrawal right now. I don't know if I'm ready to lose him in a permanent way, but it seems like he made the choice for me.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because I love him I guess. Am I supposed to just walk away and act like I don't love him at all?

Yes! When someone is committing crimes, you walk away. If one has boundaries they know this is unacceptable and someone they cannot have a future with. If he rapes someone, would you also stick around?

I don't know. I think it's going to take some therapy and a lot of time.

Did you reach out to an abuse hotline or support group today?

When you do decide to move on from this guy, please do not date for a long while, as you would be likely to chose another abuser.

Did you reach out to an abuse hotline or support group today?

When you do decide to move on from this guy, please do not date for a long while, as you would be likely to chose another abuser.

I chatted with the national domestic violence hotline today and they gave me a list of resources that are near where I live.

I chatted with the national domestic violence hotline today and they gave me a list of resources that are near where I live.

Good for you!!!! Try different ones to find the one that you are most comfortable with. I know that you can do this!

You don't live together so you can just walk away, but you don't want to. Domestic violence places/resources are for people who are ready to leave and have no other resources or place to go. Not college students who live with their parents and whose bf left the relationship voluntarily.

I love him I guess. Am I supposed to just walk away and act like I don't love him at all?

Please don't be discouraged from using the resources. Many people in DV relationships are conflicted because they've convinced themselves they love and need their abuser. You can leave the relationship behind even if a part of you still doesn't want to. Get the help and sooner or later your feelings will follow your actions.

Utilize the resources. Also talk to your family. They want what's best for you.

You don't live together so you can just walk away, but you don't want to. Domestic violence places/resources are for people who are ready to leave and have no other resources or place to go. Not college students who live with their parents and whose bf left the relationship voluntarily.

I'm aware of that, but these places also offer free therapy.

Utilize the resources. Also talk to your family. They want what's best for you.

Please don't be discouraged from using the resources. Many people in DV relationships are conflicted because they've convinced themselves they love and need their abuser. You can leave the relationship behind even if a part of you still doesn't want to. Get the help and sooner or later your feelings will follow your actions.

Thank you. I do feel a little bit discouraged and a part of me still wants to hang on, but it's becoming clearer and clearer that he's not a good person, and he doesn't want me anymore anyway.

I'm glad you did. If you also delete the number and contact info, you cannot unblock.

You need to do what is in your own best interest. You have given so much power to this abusive thug.

I agree. I have wasted so much time on a loser of a guy. It hurts, but I know the pain is temporary and I can manage it. I hope.

Stop with the negative talk. You are not helpless and stronger than you think.

Just do it. Be done with this POS, once and for all.

The pain that you have endured from this guy is much more than you will deal with in the short term. And, what will you miss, him using you for sex and his physical and emotional abuse?

Are you covered by your parents health insurance? Go to a physician for a complete checkup. You can be assessed for mood and other treatable disorders and also since you slept with a guy like this you need STD testing.

I'm aware of that, but these places also offer free therapy.
Are you covered by your parents health insurance? Go to a physician for a complete checkup. You can be assessed for mood and other treatable disorders and also since you slept with a guy like this you need STD testing.

What do you mean by a guy like this? And no I don't have any health insurance. Hence why I'm going to get therapy for free.

Archived