Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

14 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I think people forget how ugly, terrifying and deadly war is. That's why I always respect our military service members. 

But these civilians never signed up for this. They should not be involved in any way.

It is all so horrifying. We are so lucky to be where we are . My stomach is in knots . There are times it is so hard to be a military family . 

So , I told my son we are moving to the house up North with Nana too. He took it surprisingly very very well. It also looks like hubby will be posted to the nation’s capital this Spring/Summer . That is about an hour and a bit from the house . So not bad . He won’t appreciate the drive but he’s going to try and get permission to work from home a couple days a week. 

• Like 2

My son is doing so incredibly well about our impending move. He is trying to remain positive and he told me he is working very hard to not freak out . I told him how great he is doing . This is the first time he has ever verbalized this so well. Incredible maturity coming from him . 

I also told him this house is his after we die and he never has to move again. He will have a home and money when we go . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night I was really missing my dad. I really had no one to discuss it with. If I tell my mom she says well you had 30 good years of N as your step dad. Yes, I loved my step dad and he was a great man and the best grandfather to my son and very good to me. I am sad that he is gone as well. I had no conflict with my step dad. We were at peace. HOWEVER, I am not alive because of my step dad. I am alive and me because of my dad. I am not only mourning the loss of my dad as he died but the loss of no father and daughter relationship. That loss of relationship will never be fixed by a step parent relationship with someone at met at the age of 25 , it just won’t . 

She just refuses get it , maybe she can’t get it . Her mom and dad were always together. 

• Sad 1
15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I really hate anxiety. It is the bane of my existence. My mom recently had blood work done because you know she hasn’t gone in about 10 years. They want to call and talk to her about the results; ie = never good. 

Hoping for the best!!!

• Like 1

I got a message from a doctor's office after I had blood work done. I called back and they accidentally disconnected me. So I called back again and was put on hold 🙄 only to be told I needed to take potassium and Vitamin D supplements.

I hope it's something easy and simple.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I got a message from a doctor's office after I had blood work done. I called back and they accidentally disconnected me. So I called back again and was put on hold 🙄 only to be told I needed to take potassium and Vitamin D supplements.

I hope it's something easy and simple.

She takes tons of vit D and a monthly bone pill because she has osteoporosis, but hopefully it is just something like that. 

I remember this song from the 80’s….: If I was a soldier, I’d lay captive arms before her. …

1985 I believe. I was 19 that year. That line always stood out to me and maybe I romanticized it because my grandfather and father were soldiers…. Before I was born. But then I would go onto meet and marry one not long after this song came out . 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...