Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

8 minutes ago, Jibralta said:

Cute.

My physical therapist was OBSESSED with Baby Yoda last year. It was so funny to hear her go on, "Baby Yoda! Baby Yoda!" I miss that girl.

I still haven't watched The Mandalorian. But it's on the list.

As a family we really liked it. I don’t know if you know the baby’s name so I won’t say it . 🙂

I am wondering if my memory issues are a real issue or just age . Is it a symptom of moving endlessly combined with PTSD memory issues? 

For instance everyone I went to Highschool with remembers all these teachers and classmates. Mind you all these people only went to one high school and still live in the same city. Me,  I went to four high schools maybe nine grade schools.

I moved 37 times and had a lot of early abuse. I know one of my friends did as well . 

So when I see posts about hey do you remember this teacher or this classmate etc etc I draw a blank EVERY. TIME. Unless you were one of my best buddies I don’t remember you. 

I am seriously wondering if there is something wrong with my memory. 

• Sad 1

I think that would be totally normal not to remember much if you moved that much.  The teenage brain is going through a lot also, lots of hormone changes and needing a few hours more sleep than children or adults... because the teenage brain is already under stress from growing/changing so much in a short period of time.

So... you could see on top of those normal changes, if you moved a lot on top of that, your brain may have just not been able to hang on to all that stuff.

PLUS it takes sleep in order to organize your brain (send short term memory into long term memory).  You need hours of sleep consistently over a period of time to be able to do that, so that you can remember things.

If you weren't getting the best of sleep, that alone could have caused the short term memory things you were seeing each day, to not be moved into your long term memory.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

I think that would be totally normal not to remember much if you moved that much.  The teenage brain is going through a lot also, lots of hormone changes and needing a few hours more sleep than children or adults... because the teenage brain is already under stress from growing/changing so much in a short period of time.

So... you could see on top of those normal changes, if you moved a lot on top of that, your brain may have just not been able to hang on to all that stuff.

PLUS it takes sleep in order to organize your brain (send short term memory into long term memory).  You need hours of sleep consistently over a period of time to be able to do that, so that you can remember things.

If you weren't getting the best of sleep, that alone could have caused the short term memory things you were seeing each day, to not be moved into your long term memory.

That makes total sense. I have been an insomniac since being continually raped at 13 . I would be awoken being raped so to this day I don’t sleep well. 

• Sad 2