Advice needed. He wanted a break, is this an excuse?

Chloej123

I thought I would post another update, as things have pretty much got worse for me and the advice on here has actually been second to none however. I did end up sleeping with ex partner, which was a terrible, terrible mistake on my part. I am still vulnerable and hurt, and now I haven’t contact him, but have not heard a single thing from him since. It has completely tore me apart and I am really struggling to rebuild my strength. I wish there was a timescale for getting over these things that was short :(

Wait, you wrote this today:

As an update, he has been trying to see me today. I declined and said maybe tomorrow. He seems to be trying to work things out. But I am not prepared to put myself through this again. Thank you so much for all the responses. It has opened my eyes, and showed me if I’m strong I can be alone. And that it is okay!

So, you haven't heard from him since having sex, or he's trying to work things out? Which is it?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a guess but maybe she only assumed he was "trying to work things out" and based on this assumption, had sex with him. Today.

Only to discover that he wasn't trying to work things out, he only wanted sex.

Chloe, what made you think he was trying to work things out? You also posted on June 5th that because he sent you a text, you believed he had regretted his decision.

Clearly you were mistaken, but I'm wondering what he said in those text messages that led you to believe he had regretted his decision and was trying to work it out.

Just because he called doesn’t mean he wants you back.

Chloe, please learn this.

Yes it was over the weekend. I made no contact, until he did today, asking to see me again. I should block him once and for all. He caught me at my weakest as the break up was still so fresh, and I guess I let my guard down foolishly.

Is he wanting to get back together (which is what you said earlier) or is he wanting another sex session?

Archived