Wife may have cheated 9 months ago.

Eyaru

In some states, the child is the child of the husband, regardless if it was his sperm or not. Any child born during the marriage is legally his.

My little niece -- she didn't look like either of her parents in the beginning and in her babyhood, we thought she resembled one parent or the other, and as she got other she actually looked more like the parent we didn't initially think she would look like. Each set of grandparents also swore the baby looked more like their side (how is that even possible?) - I know someone i worked with who thought his wife cheated because they were both black and had a redheaded kid. When the grandfather saw the baby, he reminded the new parents that his grandmother (so the father's great-grandma) was Irish and had the reddest hair and her husband was mixed race. The baby had a DNA test and sure enough, the baby took after dear old grannie.

If the child is not yours then the real father needs to step up. If she cheated again and got pregnant I don't see you staying in any shape or form because of her past. Besides it wouldn't be a healthy environment to raise a child.

If you can't trust her how could anyone be expected to stay?

Lost

Since he hasn't updated the thread yet, I'll reply to an earlier post from him --

... but in the meantime I will say this. If a person continuously shows that they aren't trustworthy than I won't stay with her. This is regardless of whether it's my kid or not.

Didn't you agree to take her back knowing of infidelity before? And remember that the kid is getting put through this and it's not his fault at all. It sounds like you need to man up some.

Not going to put up with criticisms about being a bad parent when I'm being put in a position to choose a cheater and a liar for the child's sake. Mind you I am still hoping it's a positive test result.

You knew all of this going in. That poor kid.

I was in a similar situation to the OP. The girl I was with (actually she was my ex-wife at the time, long story there) got pregnant. All through the pregnancy, there was questions over paternity. She and I agreed to have a paternity test done when appropriate. Meanwhile, the other dude was a no-show during the pregnancy and I was there as much as I could be including in the delivery room with her. When the nurse put him in my hand, I lost it. I was crying a river. Tears of sheer joy and happiness over the little guy. I decided right then and there I did not need no stinking test to prove he was mine.

I can't even say he looked like me. I don't think babies really look like anyone at that point. I think this is just a thing people say to new parents for some reason, As my son got older, the resemblance between me, him and his mother is obvious.

Strange thing about looks. I have a friend who married a woman with a small child from another man although I use that word loosely since he never wanted anything to do with his son. My friend and his wife then had a son, too. And somehow the oldest boy looks more like my friend than his birth son does.

• 2 months later...

The foundation of any relationship is trust. There are some issues here. Paternity test my brother. If you continue the relationship and the child isn’t yours then the foundation is built on a lie and will collapse. If the child isn’t yours you need to know as the real father has rights. I am not saying bail on the relationship but find out first. Good luck

Archived