Friends have dropped off after I walked away from a not-so-nice "friend"

Starlight925

Hi again. I hear you and I would give it at least another day - just to be sure. Not "wait' just don't rush to a bad conclusion. This happened to my husband when his mother died. A close high school friend of 25 years who knew his mother very well went MIA -yes he expressed condolences but didn't show up at any of the funeral related events and did not call to make a plan to see him otherwise. Just nothing. So my husband considered the friendship over and I didn't blame him.

I will add that since she has been in contact with you it would be odd for her to choose this tragedy to go MIA or make some sort of crazy "point" by silence. Anyway please focus on what you need to focus on which is not her and please feel free to PM me or of course post here if you want support. I am here with you. I cannot imagine and I am here with you.

Thanks Batya. This is in reference to the original “friend”, the one who says the mean things about me. S.

The one that I was a bit upset about earlier in this post, who I hadn’t heard from in a few weeks, texted me first thing yesterday when she heard. B.

I’m still receiving an outpouring of calls and messages today.

Still nothing from S. Seems if she can’t put me down in some way, I’m useless to her.

We never “officially” ended our friendship. I just got fed up, and expressed that here, but nowhere else.

When her mom passed last year, I contacted her immediately and sent flowers.

After 30 years of friendship, a text would be nice. I’ve heard from other friends that I haven’t spoken to in years.

I actually think bluecastle hit the nail on the head, that once I stopped giving her the opening to belittle me, she didn’t need me anymore. I served as her punching bag.

It’s a good thing that she hasn’t contacted me, because it shows me, definitively, that she’s a sh*tty person. I always want to believe the best of people, that in sad times, they’d still be there for you but she has shown that what I thought about her for years was true.

I blame myself for allowing this for so long.

Archived