Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

On 2/24/2021 at 6:19 AM, Seraphim said:

I have an idea for a new business if I move. I was thinking of getting groceries or items or drive elderly or vulnerable people to appointments etc. 

I am so grateful for those that have shopped for me for the past year!!!

Also, many years ago I worked for a senior center and I did their shopping, took them to appointments, and did visits periodically so we could support the elderly living on their own as long as possible. It was very fulfilling. I was in my 20’s then...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The second family had their little baby on Saturday. So all my Littles are either at school or they’re keeping their kids home today because they have brand new siblings so I get a very rare day where I have a few hours in the day to myself thank God as I’m exhausted. 

• Like 3

J is annoying me again, but in a way I know she wants to make as much money as she can before I leave BUT .... She is hounding me to hound people who just JUST had a baby to bring the older child who does come here. Before the baby came mom asked me if the child could stay full-time until the end of the month. We agreed. Now she wants to play it be ear to see how the older one’s temper is that morning. Um, well no that is not how daycare works. J wants me to be all over them right now , but that is not how consideration works. When you are the business owner you have to show some consideration for the people who are your clients or they are not clients anymore. But for her it’s just worry about income. And in the same breath she tells me she’s looking for other work because she knows I won’t be here past summer. So if she leaves before I leave oh well. 🙄🙄

• 2 weeks later...

So a lot has happened with work. The little one who had the baby sister well her parents had made a deal with me that she was staying till the end of the month. Then the baby sister was born and then they said they wanted to see day by day how she was when she woke up. 🙄 then Monday dad messages me to say she’s not coming the rest of the week. Not the deal you made with me. So now I’m still waiting to find out if she’s coming this coming week. 

Little one number two who had the baby brother well ,his mother has already forgot to message me to see if he’s coming next week. 🙄🙄🙄

Last  week the  families with the new babies I had to remind them to pay. I wonder what would happen if I forgot to provide care. 

I had a new little one start as well but she’s also only part time. that’s all you seem to get any more with Covid is part-time kids part-time kids. 

One mom text me last night at 10:30 PM when she realized she hadn’t. Sooooo annoying . I have a do not disturb on my phone permanently now so I do not get bs texts at ridiculous hours and I see them during business hours. The most annoying family right now they want to tell me daily if she is coming . 🙄🙄🙄 Ok, well I will tell you daily if I have food for your gluten free, dairy free, nut free kid because you know I buy that stuff in case. 🤦‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to develop a bigger sense of self preservation. I need to be important too. Do what is best for me , my business and my family. I need to stay within those boundaries. It has been proven to me time and time and time again that people are essentially out for themselves and if gets hard they don’t care. Same from me from now on. I am NOT knocking myself out to help anyone. It is my nature to help, what I was taught and what my religion teaches but you know what I also need to steel my heart and reduce my compassion. 

Little missy her last day was last Thursday . Even if she was loud and sometimes aggressive  with the others I will miss her. I had her since she was 7 months and she was over 2. So there is a big quiet hole without her for sure . We could do with some quiet for a change though. 
I still have 2 out for Covid isolation. I think they come back next week provided that there’s no stay at home order and they close the schools. 
It is a short week this week too as we had yesterday  off  . We don’t have a long weekend again until the May 24. 

Well, things are looking up. Even though schools are closed my two school-age kids are going to be coming full days three days a week. The parents both need to work the mom , her boss asked her to please please please please work there are too many contracts to lose. She said I won’t need to homeschool she will do that when she gets home if her boss will let her out at three or 4 o’clock. So hopefully I won’t need to apply for the CRB. That might save my tax year next year. 

• Like 2

That's great, Seraphim.

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

She said I won’t need to homeschool she will do that when she gets home if her boss will let her out at three or 4 o’clock

That's the great thing about homeschooling, we know families who do it in the evening instead of the morning.  It is incredibly versatile and can work around both parents' schedules ❤️ 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

That's great, Seraphim.

That's the great thing about homeschooling, we know families who do it in the evening instead of the morning.  It is incredibly versatile and can work around both parents' schedules ❤️ 

She’s only doing it because schools are closed here. Otherwise she wouldn’t. They won’t be able to do online school because they will be here. And realistically speaking I can’t see her doing anything with them when she gets home but they’re her kids. She’s not motivated enough to do that. 

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

They won’t be able to do online school because they will be here.

That's probably a good thing for you, it sounds extremely intense and unpleasant for a lot of kids.  Some love it though.  But it'd be something you'd have to supervise.

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

And realistically speaking I can’t see her doing anything with them when she gets home but they’re her kids. She’s not motivated enough to do that. 

Ugh 😞 that's awful!  All these kids' having the educations almost ruined... really sucks.

10 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Yeah I can’t supervise their online learning because I have toddlers here it’s not going to work. 

I’m so certain that is true! Because I see it firsthand with my students. There was one student whose dad left a toddler unattended for a minute (behind my student on Zoom) and I could see her pulling everything off the shelves behind my student. Fortunately he came back and got the toddler - but I was worried she would get hurt! And couldn’t pay attention to the lesson I was giving...

Then another one has his 4 year old sister in the room during Zoom school, piping in and generally being a pest. But cute. I’ve had to set limits with her so my real students don’t have their lesson derailed... But hopefully the little one is learning something.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, maritalbliss86 said:

We are in the throes of potty training right now as well 🚽...  Very excited to only have one in diapers soon ... 🤞

For sure . I will be glad to have only two left in diapers. I remember when we had 5 in diapers and I wanted to cry. 

I have a one year old and a 2 year old in diapers. The 3 year old is potty training. And the others go to the bathroom themselves.