BEEN waiting - Is this the right time ???

vintagevilla

WOW thanks for all of the replies and support forum!

he invited me to a VIP happy hour to raise money for a good cause and he didn't say if she was going to be there or not, he's a little bit distant at times, but I know he's busy with work and stuff so I can't expect him to always make time for me, but Tuesday I will be at that event ....

WOW thanks for all of the replies and support forum!

he invited me to a VIP happy hour to raise money for a good cause and he didn't say if she was going to be there or not, he's a little bit distant at times, but I know he's busy with work and stuff so I can't expect him to always make time for me, but Tuesday I will be at that event ....

Please don't do anything more than that...

Yes Ma'am!!! :D

I'll be on my best behavior... I am going to tell him that I can't have a FWB, and I won't date him till he leaves his GF. Thanks forum! Ill be back Wednesday

to tell you what happened...:eek::D:icon_sad:

remember - if he's willing to emotionally cheat on his girlfriend with you, he'll do the same to you.

honestly, i would look for someone new

remember - if he's willing to emotionally cheat on his girlfriend with you, he'll do the same to you.

honestly, i would look for someone new

Yep. Once you take a front row seat to witnessing someone's capacity for disloyalty to anyone else, you can't unsee that. You may enjoy a future 'win' for about five minutes before it occurs to you that you've now been promoted from the one who saw disloyalty to the one who receives it.

I'd rethink that.

What the other posters have said here, being your friend while in a relationship is emotional cheating at best, and just stringing you along as backup at worst. Additionally, it speaks volumes about his integrity and quality as a long-term partner.

The best negotiating position for you is to calmly but clearly communicate that you're only interested in being his lover, not a friend, and that he should give you a shout if he is single. Best of luck to you!

NOPE. He is friendzoning you immediately to try and get you as a side piece.

This is exactly what my recent ex did, or at least tried to do, when she moved away, and then started a new relationship.

My interpretation of this is you just got dumped to back-up plan status while he continues with his current lady.

When a dumper X says "But can't we still be friends?", you say "no".

I'm guessing it didn't go to plan.

The VIP party was fun but it all went downhill from there. We made no plans, we said not words about the future, we didn't talk about anything, he brought his girlfriend and I friended her on Facebook. This situation is absolutely ridiculous to say the least. If anyone expects me to comment right away, I can't because I work and have strict social media rules and I can only get away for seconds at a time....:icon_sad:

Vintagevilla, reading this thread again, it is like watching a train crash happening.

You are going to end up badly hurt here. You need to do what is best for you, and you need to do it now.

I may not know what that is, but hanging around this guy who you love, only as his platonic friend, hanging onto shards of hope, while he parades his girlfriend in front of you, isn't it.

In your OP you said:

How can I pass up a chance of a lifetime here?

He has made it clear to you there isn't one. Not now, anyway.

You really need to do what the ladies said on page 3 - tell him not to contact you again unless he is single and wants to reconcile with you.

Vintagevilla, reading this thread again, it is like watching a train crash happening.

You are going to end up badly hurt here. You need to do what is best for you, and you need to do it now.

I may not know what that is, but hanging around this guy who you love, only as his platonic friend, hanging onto shards of hope, while he parades his girlfriend in front of you, isn't it.

In your OP you said:

He has made it clear to you there isn't one. Not now, anyway.

You really need to do what the ladies said on page 3 - tell him not to contact you again unless he is single and wants to reconcile with you.

Well, he has basically blocked me now on everything because I didn't chat with him at all last weekend . I guess HE wants to have his cake and eat it too.

Thanks RayRay, you are very sweet for telling me Im going to get badly hurt, I think I am hurt ...At first the idea of him having a girlfriend didn't really bother me, but it really hit home when I talked to her and I realized Im jealous, yes the ugly head of jealousy...maybe he still just does want me for FWB, who knows. I am still friends with his girlfriend and I cried myself to sleep the other night because he took pictures of himself buying her new clothes for 'London' next Christmas. We spend a week in London during Christmas and now he is taking her???? That's our special place.

I have blocked him everywhere except one place. We don't talk anymore. Thanks everyone for your advice.

I do have another bit of news. We had talked previously about going on a weekend together this weekend to Las Vegas. I guess no plans since I have not heard from him he can just go on about his own way and play 2 girls at once but I can't handle it, I am jealous, very very jealous and I cry a lot because of it.

. I am still friends with his girlfriend

Block her as well.

We had talked previously about going on a weekend together this weekend to Las Vegas. I guess no plans since I have not heard from him .

That (very large) piece of the jigsaw puzzle has quite possibly clarified what is going on here.

He has a girlfriend.

Tells girlfriend he has this female friend who is a long term friend - i.e. you.

Tells her he and you are going to Vegas as old (platonic) friends. Like Jerry & Elaine. May not be his real intention.

Girlfriend says - well if she's just a friend I should meet her.

He invites you to the party, and doesn't tell you girlfriend is coming.

Girlfriend talks to you, facebooks you etc.

Girlfriend has sussed out what you are looking for.

Girlfriend says to him, you need to can that Vegas trip, and you need to cut off contact with her.

He complies.

Girlfriend, however, keeps you on facebook so she can check up on him by looking at your page.

#amiright?

Anyone else seeing this train crash?

Block her as well.

That (very large) piece of the jigsaw puzzle has quite possibly clarified what is going on here.

He has a girlfriend.

Tells girlfriend he has this female friend who is a long term friend - i.e. you.

Tells her he and you are going to Vegas as old (platonic) friends. Like Jerry & Elaine. May not be his real intention.

Girlfriend says - well if she's just a friend I should meet her.

He invites you to the party, and doesn't tell you girlfriend is coming.

Girlfriend talks to you, facebooks you etc.

Girlfriend has sussed out what you are looking for.

Girlfriend says to him, you need to can that Vegas trip, and you need to cut off contact with her.

He complies.

Girlfriend, however, keeps you on facebook so she can check up on him by looking at your page.

#amiright?

Anyone else seeing this train crash?

RayRay, I realized that what you are saying is true! I blocked her on Facebook

He texted me last night but I didn't reply I ended up going to Houston this weekend to visit friends and stayed busy not letting the complete and huge let down of not going to Vegas sink in.

I have realized that this is a dangerous game Im playing and I need to play by the rules. Thanks for your advice, I really can't believe you actually figured out the situation , KUDOS to you Ray Ray!!!!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

So guess what I did, I named one half of my appliances after My Ex, the air fryer, mini food processor and coffee maker are all named after him. I guess I’m a bit of a fan of someone...and yes we got back together and I cannot tell you what a truly lovely relationship this is this wonderful gentleman of mine...

Archived