milly007

We hadn't yet confirmed when/where we were going to be meeting last Saturday, until Friday when we he sent me some ideas. Without getting into detail, I asked him if we could reschedule for the following weekend.

In terms of my replies to him on Wednesday, it went something like this:

Him - Hey Milly, how's your day?

Me - It's great. How's yours?

Him - Good, but it's so hot out today. Working hard?

Me - Always, as per usual.

Him - That's expected in terms of your profession, right?

Me - Yes, pretty much

When I responded to him, I had just gotten of the phone with my mom and was stressed about my dad. My dad has recently had cancer surgery/treatment and we're finding out the results of the treatment next week and I'm trying not to freak out. I realize that my texts could have been more engaging/friendlier.

Yeah, I see why he lost interest, too.

I thought we would just meet and go from there. Clearly I was naive to think that it would happen at this point.

If I send him a message though, I don't want to seem crazy. He's already unmatched me, but as I mentioned above, we're rematched with the same people even once we're unmatched. I don't know...I may leave this one be.

But thanks for your honest reply!

I’d say you know why the guy lost interest.. try messaging him acknowledging the fact that you were short due to above circumstances and any decent guy would probably understand.

Other than that I would say: Are you sure this is the right time to be dating anyone?

I think you should message him. Maybe he thought you were uninterested yes. So by messaging him you wont seem needy. He probably will be happy to hear from you. And even if he doesnt answer, be happy you dodged a flake .

Thanks, mandeelove. I provided an update in a previous post in this thread.

Other than that I would say: Are you sure this is the right time to be dating anyone?

Hey Lucha, I addressed this in a previous post. Pls see above.

In terms of his “lost interest”, I wasn’t questioning interest, I was asking for advice on next steps. Regardless, some things happened after I posted which I updated herein. Pls see other posts.

The servers on these apps have hiccups on occasion. Someone can lose their profile for a period without realizing it, or they can go to edit something and their whole profile goes through an overhaul. I'd take people at face value until you meet them, and don't try to read tea leaves. Take every opportunity to get to know potential dates in person and follow your gut to avoid meeting if someone creeps you out.

EnjOy!

Archived