Dating for 6 weeks, his dating profile still online?

PainterGirl

Yeah in sorry too many flags here. If he were innocent he would have admitted to being or at least admit to the possibility, like 'I'm not sure why it would say I was on maybe I clicked it in accident', you know? I don't know to me that's what an innocent person does. guilty? It's flat out absolutely no, then slowly it becomes maybe, and so on and so on.

I also would not be ok with a significant other being in the site after we established exclusivity. He could be browsing or picking his nose with it. Far too many man and women get addicted, I think y'all call it gigs? and they can't be happy with what they have. My self esteem isn't about to get destroyed trying to Work with that. Me personally? It wouldn't be worth it especially if he didn't even try to explain the possibility of why he would show he was online.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off wanted to apologize to those I (or my strong opinions) have offended on this thread or any thread.

Yeah I admit I do get a bit over-zealous (well more than a bit actually) about certain topics, and over-do it. :(

And the post responding to SS was rude, owning that too, sorry SS.

SS and Cap are right, we are all entitled to our opinions and going forward I will respect that and tone myself down.

Back to topic, OP I am glad you chose to ask him about it, now you have your answer and can walk away with no what if's and no regrets.

I am sorry this happened, but as I and others have said, there are good guys out there, unfortunately he is not one of them!

At least you found out early, be thankful for that at least.

I know the fair thing is obviously to judge each person individually, and you're right, it's wrong to generalize people and assume things. I did ask him about it, and he did straight up lie about it which to me, shows he's a liar and I don't want another liar in my life. I haven't had an honest boyfriend in years and it's what I'm really needing in my life right now.

Yes, I'd be done with him if he lied. I'm sorry you've dealt with dishonest people. It's so hard, I know. I hope you meet someone better next time!

Wow your story sounds like it could end up being me for sure... I'm going with my gut feeling on this one. I caught him in a few lies now and I'm just not interested in getting involved with someone who starts lying to me.

Good for you. Listen to your gut. I've had a few times when the guy and I agreed to be exclusive and then he didn't take down his profile after I asked him, and there was some lame excuse (I don't know how to do it, I liked what I wrote and don't want to delete it in case I need to put it back up, I like to look at profiles when I am on my break and on the toilet...) pffft. So much lame. It's probably best to cut your losses, especially since he wasn't able to just tell you the truth (which is most likely, that he's just seeing what else is out there.... either as a hobby or seriously still looking).

If he was just on the site but inactive/offline that'd be one thing and I'd thought he had forgotten to delete. Also many apps will still have your account visible to others even if you delete the app (but forgot to delete the account). So I wouldn't be worried about it.

BUT if he's online then it's worrying because it might mean that he's keeping his options open despite having agreed on exclusivity.

Archived