How am I supposed to react to this?

Shawna150

I had been dating this guy for a few months, and unfortunately we had to transition into a long distance relationship as he goes to school overseas, but we agreed to stay in touch. For the first few months, we talked via text almost every day, videochatted, and exchanged provocative snapchats a few times per week. Then all of a sudden I get this message mere hours after our last chat

β€œHey just wanted to let you know I have reconnected with my ex and she has rightfully insisted that I remove you from snap and text. I hope you understand. I wish you the best with everything! I really want to give my new relationship a good go this time so I hope you understand! Thanks!β€œ

How am I supposed to react to that?!

Well, you're not suppose to react to that. He used the nuclear option. I'm not sure if he really hooked back up with his ex, but definitely he's seeing another girl and he's pulled the plug on you.

Β 

To be fair, long-distance relationships don't work unless you have two lonely people who can't find dates. As soon as one finds a friend in their own area, they're gone.

Β 

Sorry. It's not you. It's just that having a real, live girl in your town is a lot better than having a girlfriend in another country. Just go No Contact, block him completely, and move on with you life. Look for another cute boy where you live.

I think either his ex sent you that message, or she stood over his shoulder and made him send you that message.

Β 

Either way, the guy is a loser. No great guy breaks up with someone over text, especially not that way. Consider yourself lucky to be free of him!!

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like he met someone locally or he reconnected with his local girl. Yes, delete and block him from everything.

I had been dating this guy for a few months, he goes to school overseas. β€œHey just wanted to let you know I have reconnected with my ex and she has rightfully insisted that I remove you from snap and text. I hope you understand. I wish you the best with everything! I really want to give my new relationship a good go this time so I hope you understand! Thanks!β€œ

Archived