I just need other opinions

Chesh

Yes, update us... I hope you can get it settled without any residual resentment(s)

So we just spent about two hours just talking (about the topic at hand and just random things after) and we both expressed how we felt at the time and how the conversation could have gone differently. It was clear that there was something I wasn't understanding and I was focused more on how he constantly brought up the money when the entire time he didn't care about the money. It was just in that moment he was very upset and just already having a bad day so he just said everything he said out of anger and expressed after that none of what he said had any meaning, it was just blind anger.

We talked about how I am. How I tend to get set off and annoyed quite easily and the ways I could change if I desired. Which I do. I always want to change, which is why I'm always wanting to talk in person to others, so that we can both get a clear understanding of what's going on and how it can be fixed. I'm the type of person who will dwell on something that happened until it's discussed and worked through. He's the type of person to get over things rather quickly, but he's willing to go back and talk through it.

I still don't think that his response was the right response but I'm also to blame as well for I tend to not be as specific as I'd like to be sometimes. Although I have a tendency to "play victim" in certain situations, I do realize my faults after the situation has died down and I'm able to look at it through both perspectives and not just through my blind rage and ego.

Regardless, we're set on continuing our little "vacation" starting Wednesday if my body is feeling up for it.

So we just spent about two hours just talking (about the topic at hand and just random things after) and we both expressed how we felt at the time and how the conversation could have gone differently. It was clear that there was something I wasn't understanding and I was focused more on how he constantly brought up the money when the entire time he didn't care about the money. It was just in that moment he was very upset and just already having a bad day so he just said everything he said out of anger and expressed after that none of what he said had any meaning, it was just blind anger.

We talked about how I am. How I tend to get set off and annoyed quite easily and the ways I could change if I desired. Which I do. I always want to change, which is why I'm always wanting to talk in person to others, so that we can both get a clear understanding of what's going on and how it can be fixed. I'm the type of person who will dwell on something that happened until it's discussed and worked through. He's the type of person to get over things rather quickly, but he's willing to go back and talk through it.

I still don't think that his response was the right response but I'm also to blame as well for I tend to not be as specific as I'd like to be sometimes. Although I have a tendency to "play victim" in certain situations, I do realize my faults after the situation has died down and I'm able to look at it through both perspectives and not just through my blind rage and ego.

Regardless, we're set on continuing our little "vacation" starting Wednesday if my body is feeling up for it.

Awesome... so glad you two are able to communicate so that you reach a compromise. Being able to communicate will keep your union strong.

Have fun on your trip. Hopefully you'll be well enough to go. See your doctor today if you're not any better.

I think your SO was harsh in their response.

The whole "Jesus Christ", "don't start" and basically 'suck it up' bit would have p'd me off, too.

He was out of line.

He could have made his point in a more respectful way, as opposed to sounding passive aggressive and crabby.

I agree with Milly, your bf was being an insensitive a-hole!

People are DYING from the flu this year, is he aware of that?

I had the flu two months ago, and I could barely move, let alone take a vacation.

My boss called to see how I was feeling and I couldn't even speak!

There was TONS of work to do at the office, but he compassionately told me to take as much time as I needed and to not worry about anything at the office. And to feel better.

Your bf sounds selfish, insensitive and frankly just cruel.

Don't know how long you've been dating him, but his reaction could possibly be a deal breaker for me.

I'm not sure how I would have reacted, it's hard to say, I've never had a boyfriend that d-baggey.

But if you were feeling even 1/4 as bad as I was two months ago, I wouldn't have engaged him at all.

When I'm really sick, I simply don't have the energy to deal with shyt like that.

Maybe ignored his rant and let him do whatever he wanted.

ETA: I just read that you have talked and resolved (for the most part). Glad to hear it, enjoy your vacation and hope you feel better!

Prime example of why texting can go so wrong.

People...see this and understand why it's a bad idea to have any kind of "discussion" over text!

Actually speaking to one another works so much better.

Prime example of why texting can go so wrong.

People...see this and understand why it's a bad idea to have any kind of "discussion" over text!

Actually speaking to one another works so much better.

Do you think he would have showed more compassion had their convo been over the phone versus text?

Somehow, I don't think so.

ETA: You were right bolt. Perhaps when he actually heard (in her voice) how sick she was, he was able to show some compassion.

OP owned up to her part too, all in all, a positive outcome.

Archived