Blocked for no reason? Very confused

Emily214

So, I am extremely confused RN and was hoping someone could maybe see an explanation here that I missing?

Basically, this male (let's call him Jack ) started talking to me in Facebook one day (we have mutual friends who i am close with) and this later progressed to himnaddig me on other social media. At the time I was going through some boy trouble which he found out about and he was giving me helpful advice etc. He then went to tell me that his girlfriend has started to act very possessive and jealous, especially regarding me. Now nothing was going on between me and Jack but I felt bad for his girlfriend and I stopped talking to him. A couple days later he sent me a message saying he has had to break up with her because she had gone "complete psycho" and was reading all his messages etc.

We started talking a lot more, and not just about generic things but in depth conversations about what we want out of life etc. One day he asked me out on a date to which i agreed. We coildnt sort a date where we were both free and he made it very clear that this upset him and he was VERY eager for this date. He messaged me every day and we continued to try and sort a day that work would for us.

We sorted a date (after his holiday) and we carried on talking like normal. We got closer and he was tellibg me secrets he's never told anyone before (this is why I'm so confused).

So yesterday, he was messsging me on snapchat, and I went to reply a few hours later to find I had been blocked on everything. I had a slight feeling it could have been his EX so I texted him askibg what's up, but no response. He hasnt blocked my number because I can srr his last seen on ehatsapps but I'm 100% he has seen my message and just hasn't replied. This is making me think maybe it wasnt his ex?

I'm just very confused on why he would block me. He has been nothing but eager to speak to me and meet up with me, sharing his deepest secrets and wanting to tell me about the rsndomest parts of his day? He even said if he hadn't already paid for it he would miss out on his holiday to come see me.

Like wth is foing on lol

He is probably back with his ex, or never broke up with her to begin with.

Keep in mind that his version of how crazy and jealous she is might not be the truth. He might be a Romeo with a fondness for chatting up women online, so she gets angry when she finds out he's doing it again. In other words, unless and until you spend time together in person, you can't assume that everything someone tells you is true. The same applies to these deep secrets he's supposedly never told anyone - you have no idea if that is accurate.

Bottom line? No big loss. He was an online buddy who, for whatever reason, chose to sever contact with you. It's likely got nothing to do with you personally, but I wouldn't waste my time worrying about it.

I am always wary when someone I'm dating talks to me about their "psycho ex". It's usually one of 3 things:

A) Very bad luck. It happens. Sometimes you date someone and it takes a while for them to show their true colors. It's good to ask them about their other previous exes too, though. Are there several in their history? If so, it might be...

B) They are attracted to "psychos". Some people like the drama. It makes them feel alive or something (but then we are not a good match). Or it could be...

C) The ex isn't actually psycho but the person is creating a crazy-making situation for them and it simply appears that they are psycho.

In this case, I think you have a C) on your hands. He says that she has gotten all possessive and jealous and is reading his messages... but he is guilty? He is, in fact, talking to someone online that he very much wants to date (you!). So her intuition was correct? I wouldn't be so quick to accept the "psycho" label about her. In fact, she could (otherwise) be quite nice.

Personally, I think you should forget about this guy and consider it a bullet dodged. If he can do it to her, he can do it to you. This guy clearly does not know how to man up and have a conversation to end things properly (either with her or with you). Why would you even want that in your life?? Sounds like heartache to me.

He is probably back with his ex, or never broke up with her to begin with.

Keep in mind that his version of how crazy and jealous she is might not be the truth. He might be a Romeo with a fondness for chatting up women online, so she gets angry when she finds out he's doing it again. In other words, unless and until you spend time together in person, you can't assume that everything someone tells you is true. The same applies to these deep secrets he's supposedly never told anyone - you have no idea if that is accurate.

Bottom line? No big loss. He was an online buddy who, for whatever reason, chose to sever contact with you. It's likely got nothing to do with you personally, but I wouldn't waste my time worrying about it.

Agree with this^, I am always wary when men start blaming problems or their break up on the ex. I always think to myself, I wonder what "her" version of things is? There are *always* two sides.

Or actually, three sides. His version, her version and the truth.

Also agree that you are probably not the first or only woman he's chatting up on line.

Mutual friends or not, he hit you up on FB. I know we want to believe we're "special" and we're the only one he's chatting up, and this connection must be some sort of divine fate or something, but no we are not that special and this isn't fate.

The reality is the guy has a gf, and he's hitting chicks up on FB.

I'm sure he enjoyed chatting, and may have even gotten caught up in the fantasy of meeting you, but the fact remains, he has suddenly and without warning blocked you and disappeared.

Let it go and chalk it up to another lesson learned.

Archived