Disappointed with myself//Apologizing too much

All the 90s babies graduated this year BUT ME. I am graduating next year and I'll be 18. Even though some people do graduate at the age 18 I still feel like I gave up on myself because a couple of people asked me if I graduated this year including my boyfriend and I lied and said yes because I was suppose to graduate this year. Even though I will be 18 like some other kids that are graduating I'll feel some type of way because I'll remember that I was suppose to graduate last year in 2018. I hate myself because of it.

I'm starting to apologize a lot and I am getting tired of it. Me and my boyfriend got in an argument and I said I don't give a f*** because I was fed up with saying sorry. I am at the point where I will stop saying sorry because after awhile I'm really not going to care. Any advice?

What is the reason why you got held back from graduating?

I wouldn't recommend lying to your partner. Lying - and getting caught with it - breaks trust. A solid relationship needs trust. Also, what exactly are you apologizing for?

I would love to help, but there is a lot of key info missing here. Please fill us in!

Out of like 800 graduates, I was maybe 1 of 10 who graduated at 17. Not because I was amazing or anything. My birthday just happens to fall early enough in summer where I started Fall at the required age but had a birthday after the school year was over.

Or were you held back?

What is the reason why you got held back from graduating?

I wouldn't recommend lying to your partner. Lying - and getting caught with it - breaks trust. A solid relationship needs trust. Also, what exactly are you apologizing for?

I would love to help, but there is a lot of key info missing here. Please fill us in!

I don't know I think I was held back in kindergarten or I was out into school too late. And I know I feel bad for not telling him the truth. And I was apologizing for things that I done that I knew he didn't like.

You were only "supposed" to graduate this year if you didn't have enough credits to graduate and you were a senior this year - you flunked too many classes. if you didn't graduate this year because when you started kindergarten your parents waited a year because of when your birthday fell, you were not *supposed* to graduate this year. You are only a junior this year and will be a senior next year.. That's like saying someone who is 22 and just started college last week is *supposed* to graduate this year because a lot of 22 year olds graduate from college.

What's the big deal? And if it's because you started highschool later or it has to do with your birthday, what's the problem and what's so shameful about it? Even if you had failed a year in time you'd see that it's not the end of the world.

I'm not sure why you'd hate yourself for graduating next year instead of this year. But it's clear that you are comparing yourself to other people, and finding yourself lacking.

You are graduating later than some, earlier than others, and some never graduate at all. If you compare yourself to others and judge yourself harshly, you'll live a very miserable life.

Judge yourself by what you can do. Do your best, and you will always be able to respect yourself. No matter what you try in life, some will be better than you, and you will be better than others. The path to peace is simply to try your best and compete against yourself.

Look to those you admire as an example, as inspiration. Why do you admire them? How can you take those traits and make them your own?

It's about character. It's not about a timeline.

You're worried you apologize too much, but don't seem to be worried that you lie too much.

Are you apologizing because you're getting caught in your lies all the time? Drill down to cause and effect analysis. You're apologizing because you're lying. So lying is the problem.

You're worried you apologize too much, but don't seem to be worried that you lie too much.

Are you apologizing because you're getting caught in your lies all the time? Drill down to cause and effect analysis. You're apologizing because you're lying. So lying is the problem.

Exactly -- the bigger question is why are you lying? You are going to get caught. A guy might not date you because you are still in high school - but maybe he'll call you next year - or you will meet someone else - and you will have a good conscience. Its going to be tough keeping up the lie next year when you are going to high school still. And lying about height? Why lie if you are lying about an inch? And if you lied and said you were 4" taller or shorter, if he has two eye balls that work (or if not, good directional hearing) he will know you are lying. And if you lie about things like that, it would be reasonable of him to not trust you and think you were lying about dating someone else at the same time, or stuff like that, right? Just come clean NOW - say that you were afraid he wouldn't date you if he knew you were still in high school, etc. It is good for the soul

Archived