Should I Fight For Her?

windycity123

About six months ago I started talking to the girl from my school when she was abroad. It was going well she expressed she was very interested in me but wanted to take things slow, and we would see what happens once i get to school. I agreed, we both talked to and hooked up with other people. we sent each other letters and stuff it was a good thing. She just got back to campus and things have been going well, we were hanging out taking things slow it seemed to be going not that bad. This weekend though she was being weird i asked her if everything was okay, she said she heard rumors from multiple sources that I had told a bunch of people in my frat that we were dating and i showed them nudes and we shouldn't talk anymore. This is all completely false and tbh i would never do anything like this. Also, 4 people at the start of school approached me in her abroad program saying that she told them we were dating when she was abroad... i didn't mention this to her in our argument. I was very shocked and apologized and really tried to meet in person she said she was mad at me right now and didn't want to talk, but she said she believed everything they said. she was keeping it very cut and dry saying she was mad at me and didn't want to talk about this right now. I messaged her twice to talk in person she didn't respond. I also heard someone brough it up to her and she was like "i feel like he used me", idk whether or not thats true though. it could be a rumor. Its been about 3-4 weeks now, Im in a frat, last weekend I invited her and her friends to our valentines day formal, she was super happy to come and it was chill. When we were there we were talking it was fun we were flirting i pulled her aside and held her hand, looked her in the eyes and told her it wasn't true, she kept saying "stop saying that" over and over again. and then she said "we should move past this" we were both pretty drunk, and i said I wanted to talk still she said the party wasn't the right place and she would like to talk in person at some point. I've seen her out at bars and its been chill. What should i do? this is all a lie and im super frustrated because i never did any of this and i really like this girl. psa she didn't even send me any so its obvious that this is such a bull rumor

About six months ago I started talking to the girl from my school when she was abroad. It was going well she expressed she was very interested in me but wanted to take things slow, and we would see what happens once i get to school. I agreed, we both talked to and hooked up with other people. we sent each other letters and stuff it was a good thing. She just got back to campus and things have been going well, we were hanging out taking things slow it seemed to be going not that bad. This weekend though she was being weird i asked her if everything was okay, she said she heard rumors from multiple sources that I had told a bunch of people in my frat that we were dating and i showed them nudes and we shouldn't talk anymore. This is all completely false and tbh i would never do anything like this. Also, 4 people at the start of school approached me in her abroad program saying that she told them we were dating when she was abroad... i didn't mention this to her in our argument. I was very shocked and apologized and really tried to meet in person she said she was mad at me right now and didn't want to talk, but she said she believed everything they said. she was keeping it very cut and dry saying she was mad at me and didn't want to talk about this right now. I messaged her twice to talk in person she didn't respond. I also heard someone brough it up to her and she was like "i feel like he used me", idk whether or not thats true though. it could be a rumor. Its been about 3-4 weeks now, Im in a frat, last weekend I invited her and her friends to our valentines day formal, she was super happy to come and it was chill. When we were there we were talking it was fun we were flirting i pulled her aside and held her hand, looked her in the eyes and told her it wasn't true, she kept saying "stop saying that" over and over again. and then she said "we should move past this" we were both pretty drunk, and i said I wanted to talk still she said the party wasn't the right place and she would like to talk in person at some point. I've seen her out at bars and its been chill. What should i do? this is all a lie and im super frustrated because i never did any of this and i really like this girl. psa she didn't even send me any so its obvious that this is such a bull rumor

She didn't send you nudes... and yet she believes you showed nudes of her to your frat? That doesn't add up. She's angry at you, believes you sowed naked pictures to your friends, but will still go to a formal with you?

Dude... I think she is lying to you about something. How could she possibly think you are showing around photos she didn't send?

So are you or were you ever dating exclusively? It sounds like way too much gossip, hearsay and speculation because you two were never clear on things. Agree don't ruin a party with drunken heavy talk.

we both talked to and hooked up with other people. Im in a frat, last weekend I invited her and her friends to our valentines day formal, she was super happy to come and it was chill. i said I wanted to talk still she said the party wasn't the right place. I've seen her out at bars and its been chill.

I agree. This makes little sense.

This woman sounds like a dreadful prospect. I've seen middle schoolers conduct themselves with more grace, maturity and overall aplomb. And less gossip and drama. Way less.

This is how she is behaving in the fresh, easy, halcyon days of the relationship.

What's she going to do if you continue together and you hit upon your first real issue? The mind boggles.

also i will mention shes been in a similar situation like this with an ex so shes very sensitive about this stuff concerning pictures

If she is so sensitive why would she send you a picture?

Look, this picture thing is her issue and she clearly isn't healed from her ex or in a place where she can trust you. Leave her alone. Find someone who is both ready and willing to be in a relationship with you.

i feel like shes hurt she saying that she feels like i used her....

But.. You didn't. You would be the one to know this best, mate. Why dignify her accusations and tantrum? You told her that you did nothing. She's hurt? She's calling you a liar and more. And you're worried that she's hurt. Because she's shared nude photos of herself in the past and it didn't work out so swimmingly? Maybe she should put down the camera, get off snapchat for a bit and do some simple math. But instead, she follows up her past stellar experiences by.. Sending you a slightly smaller, somewhat less nude photo? What else from her past do you have to look forward to being accused of, because if your sympathies lie with her, here, you may as well be prepared.

But.. You didn't. You would be the one to know this best, mate. Why dignify her accusations and tantrum? You told her that you did nothing. She's hurt? She's calling you a liar and more. And you're worried that she's hurt. Because she's shared nude photos of herself in the past and it didn't work out so swimmingly? Maybe she should put down the camera, get off snapchat for a bit and do some simple math. But instead, she follows up her past stellar experiences by.. Sending you a slightly smaller, somewhat less nude photo? What else from her past do you have to look forward to being accused of, because if your sympathies lie with her, here, you may as well be prepared.

I agree she's being difficult, but we have a great connection. we both are very smart and have many similar interest, how should i go about getting her back? ive still been talking to other people of course but what plan of strategy should i take to get her back

we were talking for 6 months and agreed to take things slow once she got back to school it was going well for 2 weeks and then this bombshell dropped.

I don't think she's difficult, I think she's dreadful.

She's calling you a liar and worse.

Both you and she know that what she's accusing you of is impossible for you to have actually done. That's not even organized enough to be crazy.

You are not dating her. In addition to what would you fight, what would you be fighting for?

You have got to have better things to do with your time and energy, don't you?

Otherwise, you're fighting only to hitch your wagon to a colossal train wreck.

Why does she think you shared stuff with your frat bros.? Maybe it's an excuse to end it?

That was my first thought. I think she's not interested in hearing what OP has to say simply because she was looking for a way out. The picture drama was an easy excuse, and he obviously can't prove his innocence.

Sorry OP, but there's not point fighting for this. If I were you, I would now be ticked off that she thinks you're that disrespectful and devious. Just let her go and don't engage in her shenanigans any further.

we were talking for 6 months and agreed to take things slow once she got back to school it was going well for 2 weeks and then this bombshell dropped.

This is ridiculous. I would question your choices in women, and why you choose to pursue someone who is a liar and dramatic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived