How do you guys deal with the anxiety?

I've only recently started NC. I'm about a week or so in. Initially I felt empowered as I felt like this was the one thing I hadn't tried yet, and probably what I should've done all along. I feel like I'm taking my life back and overall it's a positive thing but I reach points in my days, usually in the afternoon, where I just have intense anxiety about it and the doubts come. The anxiety sucks but it's not as bad as it was when I was pinning over someone who was indifferent.

Does this get easier?

I want NC to be for me to focus on myself and push forward but for a lot of us there is still hope in the back of our pocket. At what point does the feeling of still waiting start to fade?

If you guys have any suggestions on how to get out of the slump I find myself in at some points. I'd appreciate it. I know overall NC is the best thing for me to do. I've tried everything else. If reconciliation does ever come one day, I know I need to be a different and stronger person.

Im right there with you. My break up occurred 2 months ago and I'm several weeks in with NC. It's my first break up and I had a difficult first month. I still get the urge to text or call her but I know I need to better myself and learn to live without her and focus on myself. I try not to hold on to the hope because I don't want to set myself up for failure and I'm just trying to learn how to be alone and single again. The pain and emotions eventually subsides. It's just different for everyone but as days pass it does get a little easier. Hiking, family, and friends have helped me a lot and I'm doing the things that I enjoy. I still think about her often but I always try and tell myself I need to take care of myself. There's not points in worrying about things you cannot control.

The anxiety has to be the hardest part, hands down.

It is for me.

I have just learned to ride it out.

I think the more I fight it the worse it is. I just accept that it's part of the process and I almost make myself

just sit in the middle of it and accept that it's going to happened and allow it to pass.

I used to kid myself and overbook myself, run around or drink too much wine . . anything to avoid it.

It's still there waiting for you, unfortunately.

I just sort of make peace with it, invite in and face it head on.

Hang in there!

Sorry you are going through this. The pain of anxiety can be unbearable, i think the best remedy for this is exercise. If you tire yourself out enough, the endorphins in your body will relax you a lot more, and you'll find it easier to just crash and fall asleep without any torturing thoughts at night to keep you awake. Even with mild anxieties, I go to my local fitness club and know a good swim will sort me out. It also helps untangle overly emotional thoughts, you purge your system. For me, swimming works best. But some people like running too, or a totally new sport you've never done before, that will make you feel empowered and strong.

It will get better, hang in there

• 3 weeks later...

Archived