Pregnancy Scare

Cranberrykille

I understand how you feel - honestly, I do. I used to take EC a few times a month when I first started having sex even if there was no valid reason, just because I was sh****ng my pants worrying about it and I didn't know enough about how you get pregnant. I guarantee that based on your description, you are not pregnant. I believe most if not all EC can now be taken within 3 days and still be effective (you can take it even later, but 3 days is the highest effectiveness). However, you didn't even need to take the EC in the first place. Think about it this way: even if you were pregnant (which you're absolutely not), you can take a pill up to 12 weeks of pregnancy to terminate it, without any invasive procedure. You're fine.

Stop worrying about it and start thinking about long term contraception. Ask your GP about the patch, you stick it on your leg and not worry about it for a week, and you're protected. Much easier and no headache

I might be over thinking this but I feel the EC doing 'things' inside my body, like I have really messed up with my hormones. I did not even get any withdrawal bleeding or any severe symptoms, I just heavier in the stomach.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How old are you? If you are being sexual in any way, it's time for a visit to the clinic/doctor for regular birth control and info on stds. You also should become educated about sexuality and reproduction.

Yes ,education is always the key to relieving anxiety . Anxiety a lot of the time is caused by lack of knowledge .

How old are you? If you are being sexual in any way, it's time for a visit to the clinic/doctor for regular birth control and info on stds. You also should become educated about sexuality and reproduction.

I am 19 and no, I am not sexually active. I've never had sex and I don't wish to do it any time soon, for personal reasons. But what happened that day wasn't planned or expected in any way, I wish I would've been more careful, I do not regret the act as much as I regret having to worry about this.

I am 19 and no, I am not sexually active. I've never had sex and I don't wish to do it any time soon, for personal reasons. But what happened that day wasn't planned or expected in any way, I wish I would've been more careful, I do not regret the act as much as I regret having to worry about this.

Repeat to yourself there is nothing to worry about . You are not pregnant you are not pregnant you are not pregnant you are not pregnant . Absolutely 100% not pregnant .

If someone is ejaculating and you have a "pregnancy scare", you ARE sexually active. Get to a doctor/clinic and learn about sexuality, reproduction and get a checkup for your list of gyn problems. FYI you can get an std from body fluids.

Thank you for the information, like I said earlier what happened was not expected, it was just the heat of the moment, he is not my boyfriend or anything, I do not have one. I am not sexually active.

You are sexually active. It doesn't matter that it "wasn't planned" or whether he's a bf or not.

What matters is your impulsive, high risk behaviors combined with denial and misinformation will land you with an std or pregnant sooner or later because you refuse to see a doctor, get reliable birth control, take care of your health, become educated about stds etc. you for the information, like I said earlier what happened was not expected, it was just the heat of the moment, he is not my boyfriend or anything, I do not have one. I am not sexually active.

You are sexually active. It doesn't matter that it "wasn't planned" or whether he's a bf or not.

What matters is your impulsive, high risk behaviors combined with denial and misinformation will land you with an std or pregnant sooner or later because you refuse to see a doctor, get reliable birth control, take care of your health, become educated about stds etc.

Hey hey, I am not denying that I am wrong on my part, careless and irresponsible even, and this is exactly how 'mistakes' happens. But I am willing to learn from it. I shall remain abstinent from any sexual activity unless I am 100% sure of my chances.

Thanks, you

Thank you for the information, like I said earlier what happened was not expected, it was just the heat of the moment, he is not my boyfriend or anything, I do not have one. I am not sexually active.

Well this is confusing ... it doesn't fit the profile of someone so inexperienced to then be dry humping just ....someone ..and what wiseman meant was , what you did IS being sexually active . ( I am clealry watching Criminal minds too much)

Where do you live? I get you don't want to go to your regular doctor without your mother but perhaps there is a clinic you can go to, instead.

EC will take its toll on your body. Your weird symptoms are actually quite common following plan B.

Hi, there are many clinics I can go to... but I want to be sure of where exactly do I stand; if I am not pregnant, do you still think I should see a doctor because of the EC? I read that ECs do not have any severe damaging consequences.

How long do you recommend I wait for my normal menstrual period?

Well this is confusing ... it doesn't fit the profile of someone so inexperienced to then be dry humping just ....someone ..and what wiseman meant was , what you did IS being sexually active . ( I am clealry watching Criminal minds too much)

I think I framed my words incorrectly, I regret having been so irresponsible, but now I am really anxious about this whole situation and I can't seem to do anything about it

Why can't you go to a doctor? Is it against your religion/culture to visit a gyn, considering the many problems you are having? Doing lap dances for guys you don't know...Why bother?

I don't know why you're being so rude unnecessarily, but that's okay.

And no, there's no need to bring religion or culture into this conversation, no matter what culture it is, I think all parents feel the same way about their children, innit?

I already mentioned the reason I do not wish to go see a doctor, but if I do a pregnancy test and it turns out positive, I certainly will have to.

As for the guy in question, the one I "lap danced" for, he is a really close friend of mine, and we do like each other but I am not ready for a relationship as of now, and that is why he is not my boyfriend.

Hi, there are many clinics I can go to... but I want to be sure of where exactly do I stand; if I am not pregnant, do you still think I should see a doctor because of the EC? I read that ECs do not have any severe damaging consequences.

How long do you recommend I wait for my normal menstrual period?

I think you should go for a few reasons. To ask a medical professional these questions, for your own peace of mind, and because things happens: Maybe to discuss a birth control option that is right for you. When I said 'takes its toll', I meant that it can mimic pregnancy symptoms, delay your cycle etc - Which is only going to feed your anxiety.

Wiseman isn't being rude. You are sexually active if you are taken part in sexual activities. The fact that this wasn't planned or your boyfriend is the scariest part - it means your intent to be abstinent is only as strong as your will, which you've demonstrate is weak in the moment.

Wiseman is saying go to a doctor. Don't talk about your problems with this recent encounter - get educated, learn about STDs, and get birth control.

The end.

Here s what happened; I was on top of a guy and grinding on him to the point of ejaculation. I was wearing my pants (jeggings;jeans and leggings?) and my underwear under that. He was only in his cotton boxers and I could see the wet spot on them after he came, he immediately told me to stop and went to the washroom to clean up.

I touched the outer side of my pants but did not feel any wet spots, it was kind of moist though, but that could be my sweat? I went to the bathroom to check but there were only a few drop on the inside of my underwear; probably my own secretions. After about 15 minutes we dry humped again but this time he didn t cum, although there might ve been some precum.

I took an EC about 36 hours later, because I was freaking out with the possibility of becoming pregnant and anything seemed to calm me down.

I do have anxiety issues, and high levels of stress. Also am b12 deficient and my periods are highly irregular; I do not have a specific date I can keep track of, so I have no sure way of telling if I ve missed it or not. Also, I have a hunch I might be ovulating around that time, or was it just the PMS?

I ve been eating a lot of stuff that promises to induce period but nothing has helped. I feel heavy in the stomach and feel bubbles bursting in it; again, I read these can be signs of an incoming period OR the results of the hormone imbalance caused by the EC. It has been 12 days since the risk and 10 days since I took the EC.

Can I get pregnant by 'wet humping' through clothes?

How old are you?

No you aren't pregnant. Go to the doctor if you have medical issues. There's no way you got pregnant if you were both clothed.

Archived