Graduating University in May!

Viceroy

I was wondering if anyone decided not to go to their college graduation? If so, how did you feel about it? I didn't go to my high school one either. I am just big into ceremonies and if I was completely honest, I don't feel like I accomplished anything at all (it was just about making sure you've paid your bill).

I am more excited that I am going to be able to get a better job soon. I am currently working as a substitute teacher (I love it and I work weekends at McDonald's. I am more excited about leaving McDonald's and freeing up my weekends. My reasons for not going are: Ex girlfriend will be there, I already paid 100 dollars to apply for graduation (I go to a private liberal arts university) and I don't want to pay another 140 for a cap and gown. I don't even like most of my fellow students, I always struggled to pay my school bill. College, for me, just wasn't a good time.

Thoughts?

Congrats on graduating.

I didn't go to my college graduation either. I had a dying grandmother back home (many hours away) and I wanted to be there for her. I knew my family couldn't come because of said dying grandmother. So I just didn't go. I left as soon as I took my final exams and I packed up my car and left.

Honestly, if you don't care much (I didn't), it's not a big deal. The accomplishment is in getting the degree, not going through the ceremony.

I went and I'm glad I went. I was really close with my peers so it wasn't just a celebration of ME - it was a celebration with and for my closest friends. Getting ready beforehand, walking together, getting pictures after, meeting families, going to parties after - that's also part of the experience.

Didn't go to my undergrad ceremony. Huge uni, so it was about was sitting for hours waiting for your name to be called. Mind numbing boredom watching a cattle call. Plus the speaker they had invited that semester wasn't someone I was interested in seeing, so really, it was kind of pointless to go. I just went and picked up my diploma from the office .....and turns out I wasn't the only one. The line was out the door.....lmao..... No regrets whatsoever.

Went to grad school one since it was pretty small and quite interesting. Plus I had massive pressure from friends, family, and classmates. I think they wanted to go more than I did. Still, if it wasn't for the pressure from the outside, I would have skipped out on that too with zero regrets. I'm not much into ceremonies and so nothing lost by not going in my mind.

I didn't go to my graduate graduation, but went to my undergrad. I ended up playing Pokémon on DS during the ceremony. Not very interesting and a waste of my time.

For Grad school I took a road trip to Canada with my husband to celebrate. It was awesome! Came back to pack my life and begin moving a state away from home for a job. Already had a job contract before graduating and had things to do before I started working. I definitely recommend it!

Congratulations on your graduation.

Archived