Wife staying friends with emotional affair person

dnantz

My wife got a new best friend on Facebook (woman) and fell in love with her. The friend did not fall in love, it was one sided. That friend was having an online affair with a man and also got my wife to do the same with same man.. That has ended and my wife wants to stay freinds with the woman. Why would my wife want to stay friends with a woman that almost ended our marraige when she says she is no longer in love.

Have any of them met or know each other in person? Was this just FB nonsense?

My wife got a new best friend on Facebook (woman) and fell in love with her. The friend did not fall in love, it was one sided. That friend was having an online affair with a man and also got my wife to do the same with same man.. That has ended and my wife wants to stay freinds with the woman. Why would my wife want to stay friends with a woman that almost ended our marraige when she says she is no longer in love.

Because she has not been truthful with you in the past so why would you think she would tell you the truth now?

She has disrespected you, your marriage and critically injured the trust in your relationship and since she still wants to keep her gf around it would seem she doesn't care about rebuilding the trust or the marriage. She built a fantasy you could never compete with and she misses that and wants that feeling back.

If she was truly sorry and remorseful for her actions she would cut all contact with both of them forever.

I am sorry but the affair is not over in her heart and head...

Time to start thinking about the possibility that your marriage will not survive her infidelity.

Lost

Is your wife exploring her sexuality...like being bi or something? Have you asked her about that? How has your sex life been with her lately? Is she just lonely and thought this friend was some sort of love? It sounds unreciprocated and certainly not consummated.

She met women but not man. I saw a text where her woman friend said she was not interested in a relationship with any woman.

I have to agree with Lost. My now ex wife re-opened a friendship with a past ex, started an emotional affair, tried to end it, the excitement of it became an addiction that finally escalated into the divorce and she's now married to him.

I'm not saying this is your situation, but she has done something very disrespectful. And when they have trouble letting go of it, it's because they are still emotionally involved.

Many marriages survive times like these, but it takes open and direct discussion about the future of the marriage. You need to realize these are serious times and her integrity is now in question.

If your wife is picking up emotional affairs like this then you need to seriously assess your relationship with her. She's pretty much telling you that given the right circumstances she's willing to cheat on you.

Archived