How do you even find someone?

Bellam

So I just got out of my firts relationship which lasted a little over a year. While I'm not going to look for someone else right now, I started wondering where you find someone to date. I know that I can use dating apps and stuff like that, but personally I don't think it's really my thing. I met my ex in school, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever meet someone again. How do you meet knew potential partners?

Just take a look at some dating apps and set up a profile and browse a bit to see if it's for you. Lots of people meet that way and who knows, perhaps someone at your school could be on it.

I know that I can use dating apps and stuff like that, but personally I don't think it's really my thing. How do you meet knew potential partners?

The list is endless, bars, clubs, dating sites, sports associations, through friends, coffee shops, gyms, singles meet and greets, etc, etc.

You can chat up a member of the opposite sex anywhere. It just takes guts and the ability to take rejection.

If you have hobbies, join a club, meet new people

The bar/club/pub scene is from experience not for looking long-term, expect hookup from such places

The OLD scene is enormous, you have the mobile free app like Tinder, other free sites like POF or Okcupid

Or the paid sites, like Match.com, allegedly more ''serious'' but hold your horse there, guys are also willing to pay for a for hookup too and misleading women.

It boils down to your preference : online or offline dating. Are you an introvert ? then maybe OLD would be for you but you'll have to scann through a lot of horny and not so well-intentioned guys.

Good luck

Where have I met guys I ended up dating? Let me see...okay. The grocery store, while getting gas at the gas station, through friends, at work, at school, at a sporting event, while riding my horse, at a New Years Eve party, OLD, through my family, the list is endless and so are the possibilities.

My roommate started a 'book club', kicked out some fliers and Facebook mass invite. I was amused as his first book selection was 'old yeller' and he skimmed through it at breakfast. Turnout out was impressive, ratio was 70/30 women. Lots of eats and #$#$# drank my beer but I was okay turns out I had an audience eager to hear my discourse on 'old yeller'. Roomie got some numbers and after I lectured him on STD's he ran off into the night. A little imagination and there you go.

Next book reading is 'Clan of the Cave Bear' in case any of you are in the area.

So I just got out of my firts relationship which lasted a little over a year. While I'm not going to look for someone else right now, I started wondering where you find someone to date. I know that I can use dating apps and stuff like that, but personally I don't think it's really my thing. I met my ex in school, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever meet someone again. How do you meet knew potential partners?

Not to seem glib, but go where there are more men and less women. Find a male wingman and hang out at sport bars or other places men hang out. Just generally be sociable and plan lots of fun activities.

My roommate started a 'book club', kicked out some fliers and Facebook mass invite. I was amused as his first book selection was 'old yeller' and he skimmed through it at breakfast. Turnout out was impressive, ratio was 70/30 women. Lots of eats and #$#$# drank my beer but I was okay turns out I had an audience eager to hear my discourse on 'old yeller'. Roomie got some numbers and after I lectured him on STD's he ran off into the night. A little imagination and there you go.

Next book reading is 'Clan of the Cave Bear' in case any of you are in the area.

Your roommate has good game.

Off topic but great choice on books

Archived