Wondering if you're pregnant?

Heather Dawn

So many people post on here in hysterics, hoping we can tell them whether or not they're pregnant (or whether it's even a possibility).

But we're not doctors. We don't know you. We can't possibly know if you're pregnant. No matter what you tell us about your situation, we absolutely are not qualified to tell you if you're pregnant.

If you're over 18 Go to the drugstore and buy a home pregnancy test. If you're not convinced by the result you get from an HPT, call your doctor.

If you're under 18 (and don't want to tell your parents): Visit Or, to you and get tested there.

Hoping for some comfort, some kind words, someone who's been through the same....etc

Don't think we should discourage anyone to post on here really. There's always someone who relates to a story and can help in some way and later on those threads can always be some help for someone reading them.

Who are we to say people cannot make certain threads?

Yes medical questions need medical answers we cannot provide but we can listen and be of some comfort or support!

That's what i said as well and so that's why they can make the threads. And in every thread there's always someone or more than one who says that to them so i kinda fail to see the need to make this thread to be honest! (Except that everyone's allowed to make agonist any thread of course haha) but to me this feels a little unnecessary and lashing out to those in need of some kind words

That's what i said as well and so that's why they can make the threads. And in every thread there's always someone or more than one who says that to them so i kinda fail to see the need to make this thread to be honest! (Except that everyone's allowed to make agonist any thread of course haha) but to me this feels a little unnecessary and lashing out to those in need of some kind words

It definitely wasn't mean to be lashing out (!) but I've seen SOOO many posts lately by people asking if we can tell them whether they're pregnant and it's the same thing over and over. It's just common sense that we can't do that but there ARE ways for them to find out.

I so agree.

I always thought it strange when people come on here asking medical questions.

Same here!

It just makes no sense. I understand someone wanting advice or to compare symptoms, etc. But to tell us the details of when they had sex (or, in many cases, didn't even have intercourse) and then ask whether they're pregnant...it seems pointless, and also a bit unethical for anyone but a doctor to answer.

It definitely wasn't mean to be lashing out (!) but I've seen SOOO many posts lately by people asking if we can tell them whether they're pregnant and it's the same thing over and over. It's just common sense that we can't do that but there ARE ways for them to find out.

I know and i annoys me too sometimes but at the same time they are probably freaking out and mainly just need someone to talk to. Of course i assume they will take a test and whatnot but at that moment they are either freaking out or really want a baby and are so hoping, and in that moment they just want to talk about it.

Years ago i have asked the same question while already having taken a test and made the doctors appointment but at that moment i just wanted to hear if the symptoms were normal and basically just someone to talk to.

So while it may be annoying there is always the possibility to skip those threads and i still don't see the point to have made this thread....

Often those girls are young and scared and want to give as much info as they can to make it as clear as possible,while we think tmi they think they make it more clear i guess

And often times it is clearly very uneducated yes, but where can you ask questions right away when there is no doctor or friend available? Yes a forum....

Well, in some cases you can make an educated guess based on your own experience and knowledge. No one is going to give definitive answers, the best we can do is say "based on what you've said, the chances are good that you are/are not pregnant. If there are several replies, then the Op can get a better idea of whether or not they might be pregnant. It's not much, but it's something.

Yes... there is another one just today... and they were bright enough to even have gotten the morning after pill. I suppose they just want validation that they did what they needed to do in time but how come they never listen to the advise about using condoms? lol

If there are several replies, then the Op can get a better idea of whether or not they might be pregnant. It's not much, but it's something.
No, other peoples experience can't give them anything but other peoples experiences. If they think they had an accident or were negligent in their BC then what we should do is just tell them to get to the pharmacy for the morning after pill.
No, other peoples experience can't give them anything but other peoples experiences. If they think they had an accident or were negligent in their BC then what we should do is just tell them to get to the pharmacy for the morning after pill.

Well if someone else had exactly the same experience (for example, missing one pill) and didn't get pregnant that might give the Op a bit of a relief. Even if it doesn't guarantee anything.

I know and i annoys me too sometimes but at the same time they are probably freaking out and mainly just need someone to talk to. Of course i assume they will take a test and whatnot but at that moment they are either freaking out or really want a baby and are so hoping, and in that moment they just want to talk about it.

Years ago i have asked the same question while already having taken a test and made the doctors appointment but at that moment i just wanted to hear if the symptoms were normal and basically just someone to talk to.

So while it may be annoying there is always the possibility to skip those threads and i still don't see the point to have made this thread....

Often those girls are young and scared and want to give as much info as they can to make it as clear as possible,while we think tmi they think they make it more clear i guess

And often times it is clearly very uneducated yes, but where can you ask questions right away when there is no doctor or friend available? Yes a forum....

Fair enough. But this thread at least does offer links to better help than we can give!

Well if someone else had exactly the same experience (for example, missing one pill) and didn't get pregnant that might give the Op a bit of a relief. Even if it doesn't guarantee anything.

Well, that doesn't mean a thing really as you'll see in the other post just today, he's gotten ALL advice telling him that basically he does not have to worry but he's still coming back in and But, But, Butting about why she may still be preggers.

I don't think these people come here for reassurance but rather for reasons to keep worrying... lol

Yes... there is another one just today... and they were bright enough to even have gotten the morning after pill. I suppose they just want validation that they did what they needed to do in time but how come they never listen to the advise about using condoms? lol

Haha, sometimes they don't even listen to the advice of how to find out if they're actually pregnant. I remember either Bayta or mhowe going over and over it with one girl who just seemed to refuse to actually go get a test - she just wanted to post about it.

Fair enough. But this thread at least does offer links to better help than we can give!

Fair enough lol. But how i took your thread is to stop those desperate people from posting threads here and i hope that's not how you meant it, because however annoying it is they do have a right to post their fears and worries, if only to just have a friendly listener on the other side of the screen.

I don't think many people want advice so much when they come here. Perhaps in some ways, but I think the ultimate goal is to feel heard...And to hash, rehash...Allow them to bounce their feelings and thoughts off other people. I know this is how I come to conclusions about things. I need to talk about stuff(incessantly sometimes) to get to the desired result. Someone could tell me at the start the VERY conclusion I come to later on...But I need to do that, myself. Until I can rationalize things and work through them in my head, I can't accept it.

Which is why I think people go in circles, or just continue to vent despite being given advice in their initial post. Honestly, who really takes the advice and runs with it first go? Out of all the people that have posted over the years? A very small portion, me thinks. And yeah, even pregnancy stuff where there is a yes/no answer...It makes people anxious, even if they desire the possibility, especially if they don't. Anxiety isn't rational at all.

There are a lot of posts on here about the same old. And when we've seen it for the 799th time, yeah it's a little old. But it's all still new for the person posting it. I forget that, sometimes. I try to keep it at the front of my head before I post. I've been here almost 6 years...They haven't. You know?

Archived