Should I tell the complete truth?

ABelgianGirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet you have omitted this for six years. So...either you didn't really respect him all this time, or you were lying to yourself.

I don't understand your motive for wanting to hurt him. You are actually using g the guise of honesty to shatter his trust in you. How many other.little lies have you hidden. Can he believe anything you have said? Why did it take so long for you to come clean.

I am a very honest person. And I don't believe in lying. But I would never shatter someone's heart like you are about to do. Your need.for.disclosure.about.something so long ago is going to undermine your.entire relationship.

I don't know if you know what it's like to truly love someone, but in that case, you want to treat that person exactly how you would want to be treated. And if I were him, I would want to know, even if it would not matter anymore for me

Even if it's a little lie like "yesterday I ate pizza" while actually you ate a hot dog, it would wrong. I just want him to know because I respect him.

If you feel so strong about it, then simply tell him the truth AND deal with the consequences of it, but then don’t come here and start a new thread: “I told him the truth about a few kisses 6 years ago and now he does not want to marry me”.

Maybe it's a cultural difference in opinion? Because I really don't get your conclusions

Nope. You want to manipulate some drama out of your husband, and you can do that if you want--it's not against the law. But once you push that toothpaste out of the tube, it makes no sense to be surprised by the mess.

In these situations when someone wants to `do the right thing' its typically an attempt to relieve yourself of your discomfort at the others expense.

If you were really concerned about doing the right thing you wouldn't have done it to begin with and you might have told him in the moment not 5 years later.

He will look back at the last 5 years and wonder if everything was a lie.

Don't hide behind that you are doing him a favor by speaking up now.

• 2 weeks later...
In these situations when someone wants to `do the right thing' its typically an attempt to relieve yourself of your discomfort at the others expense.

If you were really concerned about doing the right thing you wouldn't have done it to begin with and you might have told him in the moment not 5 years later.

He will look back at the last 5 years and wonder if everything was a lie.

Don't hide behind that you are doing him a favor by speaking up now.

Yes of course I also want to relief myself, it has been killing me for all these years (once in a while it grabs me again by the throat, most of the time I manage to ignore it, I just feel like a - even if it were just meaningless kisses & nothing more than that) but most of all I want him to have a REAL choice in deciding wether or not it would change anything for him. Like I already said, if he was in my position & I was in his position, even after all these years I would want to know...

Yes of course I also want to relief myself, it has been killing me for all these years (once in a while it grabs me again by the throat, most of the time I manage to ignore it, I just feel like a - even if it were just meaningless kisses & nothing more than that) but most of all I want him to have a REAL choice in deciding wether or not it would change anything for him. Like I already said, if he was in my position & I was in his position, even after all these years I would want to know...

To be honest, I'm pretty sure it will not crush him... He will be a bit shocked for a couple of days & then he will get over it pretty soon. In the end, I didn't do these things because I was a bad person, I was just lost... He forgave me for 1 kiss pretty quickly. He is a very understanding person.

Why I didn't tell him everything is because I think he would not understand it. And once you wait longer and longer, it gets harder to come clean... Busy lives also got in the way

Just ask yourself the question: if I was your girlfriend, wouldn't u want to know the truth, even after 6 years, so you can decide for yourself instead of me deciding for you?

I really just want our relationship to be build on trust. And if he wants to stop being together (which is very unlikely), then yes of course: I will have to deal with it & then he isnt the one for me... But I am confident that he will understand. I know him. But I don't know if it's necessary to tell him, since I have been loyal ever since and since its been such a long time. Maybe he prefers not to know, I would want to know, but maybe he does not.

It couldn't have been that hard You managed to keep this to yourself for 5 years.

I still cry at night when I suddenly think about it again... But I understand that it's hard to understand how hard it is. Of course it is not hard 100% of the time, but when I remember it again, it hits me hard. Because I love him and think he deserves to know.

I really thought that somehow someone on here would also be genuine & believe in a 100% truthful relationship & understand that there is no other motive than that he deserves to know. Yes it would be a relief to get it off my chest but that I can live with, I have done for many years. I am not trying to test him or trying to lose him, i am 99% sure that it will not change anything

I really thought that somehow someone on here would also be genuine & believe in a 100% truthful relationship & understand that there is no other motive than that he deserves to know. Yes it would be a relief to get it off my chest but that I can live with, I have done for many years. I am not trying to test him or trying to lose him, i am 99% sure that it will not change anything

Then tell him.

Archived