Should I tell the complete truth?

ABelgianGirl

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt tell him directly because at that time I thought I would lose him & there is a big chance I would have because the situation is pretty absurd & hard to understand if you don't know the reasons behind it. I think, after all these years I finally understand why I did it & that's why I am now ready to tell him. It took a long while because I ignored it and tried to forget & because it's complicated

because there never seems to be the right time, because things are going so well, because we both have very busy lives. Because I'm scared. I am getting my degree & if I would lose him, I'm not sure if i would still have the courage to finally finish my studies. Anyway yes I will try to find a moment.

Why do you have this urge to tell him something that happened six years ago?? And it's not like you had some full blown affair or you are hiding a body somewhere. You kissed someone! And it was six years ago....so at this point, you really should have already told him or not told him. If you want to be with this man, you telling him about something you did six years ago is going to wave all sorts of red flags.

So my advice to you is to get out of your own head. It happened so long ago. Move on.

Why do you have this urge to tell him something that happened six years ago?? And it's not like you had some full blown affair or you are hiding a body somewhere. You kissed someone! And it was six years ago....so at this point, you really should have already told him or not told him. If you want to be with this man, you telling him about something you did six years ago is going to wave all sorts of red flags.

So my advice to you is to get out of your own head. It happened so long ago. Move on.

I just want to treat him the way I would want to be treated. I have a strong feeling that it's wrong to keep anything from the person you love. But I know that I have a pretty black/white vision. I tried to be grey, sorta speak & tried relativating my own errors, but it keeps popping up in my mind. I know it did not mean anything & it's ridiculous in a way to continue to feel bad about it, but you can't control your thoughts and feelings. I wish I could erase it from my head. Then again, yesterday I decided to tell him but today I am in doubt again because things have been going so well these past years, you could say "perfect"... And perhaps it's just useless to bring it up. You are right, the best thing would be to move on... but I haven't figured out how, except telling him & then slowly building up trust again...

Also, I thought about how I try to be a good influence on him, trying to make him to stop smoking or smoke less & I'm afraid he will not listen to me anymore for a while... A lot of things to consider.

Regrets, I have a few

You are the only person that told me that I should maybe just go for it, tell him & deal with the consequences. Would you tell him? Do you think it's wrong to not tell him? Thank you.

I said that because you did not seem to listen to what everyone else said, so if it is bothering you so much then tell him AND deal with the consequences.

I have never been in your situation, since I don’t kiss, have sex etc. with other men while in a relationship.

I just want to treat him the way I would want to be treated. I have a strong feeling that it's wrong to keep anything from the person you love. But I know that I have a pretty black/white vision. I tried to be grey, sorta speak & tried relativating my own errors, but it keeps popping up in my mind. I know it did not mean anything & it's ridiculous in a way to continue to feel bad about it, but you can't control your thoughts and feelings. I wish I could erase it from my head. Then again, yesterday I decided to tell him but today I am in doubt again because things have been going so well these past years, you could say "perfect"... And perhaps it's just useless to bring it up. You are right, the best thing would be to move on... but I haven't figured out how, except telling him & then slowly building up trust again...

Also, I thought about how I try to be a good influence on him, trying to make him to stop smoking or smoke less & I'm afraid he will not listen to me anymore for a while... A lot of things to consider.

Regrets, I have a few

?? I am so confused...You say you want to treat him the way you want to be treated....so how exactly have you treated him over the last 6 years?? I cannot for the life of me figure out why you are so distressed over this random kissing thing six years ago. It really boggles my mind.

You have a strong feeling against keeping things from someone you love...BUT YOU DID THAT FOR 6 YEARS!!!

I think you have some things you need to deal with...that have nothing to do with this relationship.

Archived