Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you thinking thread? round two, Part 4

indierockgrl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is coming up on two years on this particular website and I will have to finally trot out that damn journal which I think is well over a year old by now, settle some thoughts in there even though avoiding that section like the plague because all it does is depress me and also give my therapist the link to it. Good times.

Go for it, Trees and Bees!

I am going for facing my fears these days.

Youareworthy

the sadistic streak in people. demonstrated in threads where it seems we are behaving like an audience at the lion arena, with the "what made you do it?! you brought this on yourself! that's what you get for XYZ. what did you expect?! the consequences are yours to deal with!! serves you right!! eat your cake!!". it's kind of reasonable to say it once, a few times, i guess as long as it feels like it might just sink in to the OP. to keep reiterating it thread after thread by the same poster doesn't serve the purpose of contributing to unfook their obvious inner issue. it just serves the responder. it feels good to say you had it coming to someone who obviously worked hard to land themselves where they did. it feels good to be so obviously right about how obviously wrong the other is. yet, it's pretty sad if that's what a forum is. if you want to contribute to an actual solution then after the "give him/her the facts" approach has proven inefficient, you'll either have to come up with a different tool to pick that lock or conclude you're not equipped to deal with an OP, or that the OP is resistant. scream you're a bloody bleep who deserves it thread after thread after thread....it becomes a question about what you are getting out of it, since the poster obviously isn't getting or assimilating anything.

i admit it is highly amusing to get someone who's apparently a bleep defensive. my inner a$$hole gets a kick out of it. the first couple of times. if your snicker or "there you have it, baddy!" tape doesn't run out after that, maybe you just want to watch the world burn. and i thought i was nasty!

Hang in there Capricorn3!

Maybe we need a Happy Things Thread. This is like the evening news programs when I was growing up--everything was so depressing and negative. They barely ever did an upbeat human interest story. I finally stopped watching the news.

Youareworthy

Thanks. Depressing is the right word here. Just seems there is zero morals, zero values, zero respect for others, and on and on and on. Makes me want to run away from this world. Ugh.

I think if we had a Happy Things thread there would be very little response.

Thanks. Depressing is the right word here. Just seems there is zero morals, zero values, zero respect for others, and on and on and on. Makes me want to run away from this world. Ugh.

I think if we had a Happy Things thread there would be very little response.

Yup ,we tried to have a happy things threads many a time nobody ever puts anything in it. About five years ago we used to have all kinds of fun on here. Now it's just stagnated into misery.

Yup ,we tried to have a happy things threads many a time nobody ever puts anything in it. About five years ago we used to have all kinds of fun on here. Now it's just stagnated into misery.

But we do have our "what are you grateful for" thread, which counts right? This is more the "I'm going to vent thread" I think.

Although tonight all I'm thinking about is how I just wasted a perfectly good beer trying to catch the mosquitoes in my house. Last year they loved beer, I'd put a bowl out and catch 20 of them in a few minutes, tonight? Nope, nothing so far.

Maybe they're all in AA now?

I'm thinking about sports.

How the best sports aren't in the Olympics for a reason.

Okay, they are in the Olympics, but in a pathetic form.

The market dictates what is decent. Same with 'women's sports'.

My brother loves this stuff, because he loves statistics. I like real sport.

The Olympics sucks in most real aspects.

Just my own stream of consciousness

Facebook/selfies : A lady I know has put up a (full face close up) selfie... obviously filtered to the max. It has got me thinking... these people that are filtering/touching up their pictures before posting on what ever social media, do they become delusional as to their own looks?

I mean... wow - one minute you have no blemishes and wrinkles and everyone says how wonderful you look - then you look in the mirror in the morning and BOOM! depressing!

Come on... be natural.. don't scare yourself.

Rainy Coast,

Wilsoooooooooooon! That reference cracked me up! Having an anthropomorphized pet cactus as a new bestie is SOOOOO Wilson!

With your imagination, your pet cactus, your ways of expressing yourself, your way of saying Touche to a terrible day, you are making my day!

Plus guess what? Mary, that same church BFF of mine (also in her 60's, like the bestie mentioned in Anton's thread) came over today and we did the following in 2.5 hours:

1. We cleaned up some demolition debris in the living room, swept there, and moved some furniture to make room for mattresses from the bedroom.

2. We took all mattresses, box springs and tools out of the small bedroom.

3. We set up a tool closet for my tools.

4. We pulled up the old nasty carpeting, padding, staples holding the padding, AND the sharp, dangerous, and seemingly intractable tack strips from the floor.

5. We took down the dusty curtains.

6. We swept the whole bedroom.

7. We talked and made strategies for the next phases of work while we did all this.

Then she left. I ate pizza and checked ENA.

Starting in 5 minutes, I will take down the curtain rods, wash the walls, windows and floor, and install the new cellular shades I got on clearance. Then the room will be 100% ready to rent out!

Then my son and I are going to repeat the whole process with the medium-sized bedroom.

1. Pack and move possessions out.

2. Move furniture out.

3. Pull up the carpets, padding, staples, tack strips.

4. Sweep, wash floor and walls.

5. Put up cellular shades.

Tomorrow and Monday

Finish medium bedroom.

Same process with my room. That is becoming a rental space as well, and I am moving downstairs.

It is all coming together in an amazing way!

Goal is rental-ready by next Saturday. Have two tenants lined up, still need one more.

Whew!

And yes, this (and a thousand other things) is what I am currently thinking about!

Archived