Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Last movie you watched?, Part 2

Ac143

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, dias said:

I am watching Snatch again. I still can't believe that some British haven't seen this film. It's by far the funniest British movie ever.

It's one of my boyfriend's favorites. I thought it was ok. I think Hot Fuzz is my all-time favorite British comedy.

Just finished watching the Hunger Games quadrilogy. I really enjoyed them.

When the movies first came out, I didn't enjoy them as much because I had recently read the books, and I was matching the two up as the movies went along. But it's been over nine years since I read the books, and I find that the movies are quite good when I'm not constantly comparing them to the books.

I do want to read the books again, though. They were great. Real page-turners.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Bodyguard. It's a series, not a movie. But it's only six episodes, so it's practically a movie.

It was really good. I don't usually go for shoot-em-up thrillers like this, but this one kept me engaged. It was exciting, and not too predictable or too implausible.

• 2 weeks later...

Death Becomes Her - First saw this when I was a teenager, babysitting my little neighbor. She woke up and came down right at the part where Goldie Hawn had been shot. Her parents were a little miffed that she saw that....Oops. I think it's been at least 20 years since I saw this movie. It was pretty funny. A real 80s movie. Kind of reminded me of Ghostbusters and Tim Burton's Batman. 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Really good. I didn't get bored at all.

The Hitman's Bodyguard - It was ok. Definitely funny in places. Kind of boring flick with lots of stuff getting shot up and blown up. Bang Boom Yawn Haha, etc.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PRICE

(Holding the card up to the light)

Jesus. This is really super. How'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

BATEMAN (V.O.)

I am fairly sure that Timothy and Evelyn are having an affair. Timothy is the only interesting person I know. Courtney is almost perfect looking. She is usually operating on one or more psychiatric drugs. Tonight I believe it's Xanax. More disturbing than her drug use, though, is the fact that she's engaged to Luis Carruthers, the biggest dufus in the business.

Courtney rouses herself from her drug haze.

COURTNEY

Tell me. Stash...do you think SoHo is becoming to...commercial?

CARRUTHERS

Yes, I read that.

PRICE

Oh, who gives a rat's ass?

VANDEN

Hey. That affects us.

PRICE

(Wired on coke)

Oh ho ho. That affects us? What about the massacres in Sri Lanka, honey? Doesn't that affect us, too? I mean don't you know anything about Sri Lanka? About how the Sikhs are killing like tons of Israelis there? Doesn't that affect us?

BATEMAN

Oh come on. Price. There are a lot more important problems than Sri Lanka to worry about. Sure our foreign policy is important, but there are more pressing problems at hand.

PRICE

Like what?

BATEMAN

Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. But we can't ignore our social needs. either We have to stop people from abusing the welfare system. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights while also promoting equal rights for women but change the abortion laws to protect the right to life yet still somehow maintain women's freedom of choice.

The table stares at Bateman uncomfortably.

BATEMAN

We also have to control the influx of illegal immigrants. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values and curb graphic sex and violence on TV, in movies, in pop music, everywhere. Most importantly we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Price chokes on his drink. Everyone is silent and mystified.

CARRUTHERS

Patrick, how thought-provoking.

———

Bateman and Evelyn are lying on her bed watching television.

BATEMAN

Why don t you just go for Price?

EVELYN

Oh God, Patrick. Why Price? Price?

BATEMAN

He's rich.

EVELYN

Everybody's rich.

BATEMAN

He's good-looking.

EVELYN

Everybody's good-looking, Patrick.

BATEMAN

He has a great body.

EVELYN

Everybody has a great body now.

Bateman unbuttons his shirt and makes advances to get Evelyn to have sex with him. She ignores him, watching the Home Shopping Channel with the remote in her hand. Finally, he straddles her, penis close to her face. She tries to look around him at the TV, then takes notice.

EVELYN

What do you want to do with that, floss with it?

Bateman flops back down beside her and stares at the television.

EVELYN

Are you using minoxidil?

BATEMAN

No. I'm not. Why should I?

EVELYN

Your hairline looks like it's receding.

BATEMAN

It's not.

Cameron:
Hello?

Ferris:
Cameron, babe! What's happening?

Cameron:
Very little.

Ferris:
How do you feel?

Cameron:
Shredded.

Ferris:
Is your mother in your room?

Cameron:
She's in Decatur. Unfortunatelyshe’s not staying. Where are you?

Ferris:
I'm taking the day off. Now get dressed and come on over.

Cameron:
I can't, stupid. I'm sick.

Ferris:
That’s all in your head. Come on over.

Cameron:
I feel like complete sh*t, Ferris. I can't go anywhere.

Ferris:
I'm sorry to hear that. Now, come on over here and pick me up.

Cameron:
I'm dying.

Ferris:
You're not dying. You just can't think of anything good to do. If anybody needs a day off, it's Cameron. He has a lot of thingsto sort out before he graduates. He can't be wound up this tightand go to college. His roommate'll kill him.

Cameron:
# When Cameron was in Egypt's land

# Let my Cameron go.

Ferris:
Pardon my French but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeksyou'd have a diamond.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Ferris Bueller

1 hour ago, mylolita said:

Cameron:
Hello?

Ferris:
Cameron, babe! What's happening?

Cameron:
Very little.

Ferris:
How do you feel?

Cameron:
Shredded.

Ferris:
Is your mother in your room?

Cameron:
She's in Decatur. Unfortunatelyshe’s not staying. Where are you?

Ferris:
I'm taking the day off. Now get dressed and come on over.

Cameron:
I can't, stupid. I'm sick.

Ferris:
That’s all in your head. Come on over.

Cameron:
I feel like complete sh*t, Ferris. I can't go anywhere.

Ferris:
I'm sorry to hear that. Now, come on over here and pick me up.

Cameron:
I'm dying.

Ferris:
You're not dying. You just can't think of anything good to do. If anybody needs a day off, it's Cameron. He has a lot of thingsto sort out before he graduates. He can't be wound up this tightand go to college. His roommate'll kill him.

Cameron:
# When Cameron was in Egypt's land

# Let my Cameron go.

Ferris:
Pardon my French but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeksyou'd have a diamond.

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Ferris Bueller

Such a great movie!!! One of my favorites!!!!

• Like 1

President Nobu: “Three things matter in life... sumo, business, and war. Understand one, you know them all. But why should a Geisha care? You spend your time plucking strings and dancing.”

Sayuri: “I humbly beg to differ. What is sumo but a dance between giants? What is business but a dance between companies? I would like to know about every kind of dance.”

Sayuri: “I see now why you like Sumo, you can never judge a man's power by his appearance alone.”

Just now, mylolita said:

Isn’t it just Jib! Hilarious, intelligent and a totally awesome message. The world sometimes belongs to the, bold slacker…! 🤣

Yes! It's so good on so many levels. There are so many little golden nuggets of humor in that movie. 

• Like 1