Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2

Seraphim

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

We have an unprecedented heat wave right now 30C all week. Our usual temps right now should be 12C 

Yeah this is strange. My plants are confused!

As am I. I just ordered a bunch of fall books and treats, but not ready to dive into them. I should be knee deep in pumpkin everything by now lol. 

32 minutes ago, itsallgrand said:

Yeah this is strange. My plants are confused!

As am I. I just ordered a bunch of fall books and treats, but not ready to dive into them. I should be knee deep in pumpkin everything by now lol. 

I am also laughing my arse off because they are predicting snow for us for Sunday or Monday. The weather man is telling us to put away the pitchforks . 😳

from Instant Weather Ontario
⚠️

EXPLICIT CONTENT WARNING

So uhhh… we need to talk about this weekend ❄️👀

As our region is currently seeing record-breaking hot temperatures, it might be hard to believe what I’m about to say. But there are some indications that parts of Ontario could see the first s*** of the year on Sunday and Monday.

A trend has developed amongst most of the main weather models showing the potential for some wet snow starting Sunday morning and lingering into Monday. Currently Northeastern Ontario (North Bay, Sudbury and Elliot Lake) and Central Ontario (Muskoka, Algonquin, Halliburton) are in the bullseye for this potential snow. But there is still some uncertainty and lots of time for it to shift around so take the exact location with a grain of salt.

Now, you might be asking how much snow? Well, the interesting part is that some models are quite aggressive with the predicted accumulation. The GFS (American) model for example shows upwards of 10-20cm across Central Ontario. This is very hard to believe so we aren’t jumping on board just yet. Additionally, this is likely overdone since a lot of the snow would melt on contact with the warm ground. But still, it’s quite impressive to see models suggesting that amount of snow this early in the season!

If we do see any snow this weekend, there probably won’t be any significant accumulation with maybe a few centimeters at most. That could change though!

We are continuing to monitor the latest data and will put together a more detailed forecast as we get closer to the weekend. Since this is such a big travelling period with the holiday weekend, we figured the extra advance notice is necessary so you can be prepared. Still lots of time for models to change as we are just under a week away.

Please put your pitchforks down, we’re just the messenger… 🫣

- Brennen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...