Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What is the weather right now in your city/town/village, Part 2

Seraphim

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, beatlesfan77 said:

High was 104 today.  Currently 95 at night. 

Yikes. Stay safe

"A heat wave has caused at least 45 deaths in the Portland, Ore., area, the medical examiner said. Many people were found without air conditioners or fans".

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Capricorn3 said:

I know. We're living in a world of extremes now.  Extreme heat, extreme cold etc.  And it seems to get worse every year.

Over 700 people died in BC of heat and the province is on fire. I have had heat rash twice this summer already . It is ridiculous. And the tornados are crazy. 

Just now, Seraphim said:

Over 700 people died in BC of heat and the province is on fire. I have had heat rash twice this summer already . It is ridiculous. And the tornados are crazy. 

It really is crazy stuff.  I've been to Canada many times and never known weather like this.  Very "out there".  I remember once being there in June and there was two feet of snow in some places, lol.  But the extreme heat, no.   I know all about extreme heat, but not for Canada. Awful.

My rain barrels are dried up, there's a fire ban, and a lot of crops in the region have been lost or stunted. 

It's currently 37 C/98 F and this has been going a long time, with no sign of rain. 

I've been feeding this stray cat that hangs around my yard. He's scraggly, looks under a year old, and so skittish. I was so worried about him during this heat, but I put out frozen blankets for him and see him crawl out from under my deck. When I go outside in the mornings, he comes walking around my sight like "morning, Where's breakfast?". Adorable. 

But how many little guys and people are on the streets - lots! And how many people don't have air conditioning and can't afford that bill anyways - lots! 

5 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

My rain barrels are dried up, there's a fire ban, and a lot of crops in the region have been lost or stunted. 

It's currently 37 C/98 F and this has been going a long time, with no sign of rain. 

I've been feeding this stray cat that hangs around my yard. He's scraggly, looks under a year old, and so skittish. I was so worried about him during this heat, but I put out frozen blankets for him and see him crawl out from under my deck. When I go outside in the mornings, he comes walking around my sight like "morning, Where's breakfast?". Adorable. 

But how many little guys and people are on the streets - lots! And how many people don't have air conditioning and can't afford that bill anyways - lots! 

It is nuts this year. We have had a bit of rain thankfully but then the infernal heat returns. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

Another heat wave begins today. It's been wonderfully cool but that's over. Not looking forward to the resultiing insomnia. 

We have another heat wave to the end of the week. It seems we get a few days and then slammed again with another heat wave. I am tired of 40C weather. My husband is trying to take our yard apart and it is almost killing him. He almost got heat exhaustion yesterday. I can’t wait for Fall. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...