Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are you listening to? Part 13

pinballwizard

1 hour ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

The 80s are still my favorite decade of hers up to the 'Vogue' era and 'This Used to be My Playground'.

Indeed 80s period were the peak of Madonna's career, where she established herself as the ultimate queen of pop. 

9 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

This one never gets old. 

"Like a Virgin" was released when I was 18.  Can't underestimate how popular and played it was.  I never saw her in concert but I saw Cyndi Lauper and Men at Work from that era and met The Ramones briefly before they were huge, at a festival.  

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, yogacat said:

"Live To Tell" was a great song by Madonna, the lyrics are emotional and introspective. I also enjoy "Who's That Girl" with the mixture of 1980s pop and Latin influences. 

Oh! Who's That Girl is in my head now! I also loved Janet Jackson -saw her in concert in 1990.  Great show.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, yogacat said:

Which is your favorite song by her? JJ? 

Oh I forget all the titles but likely Escapade and Rythm nation.  Also loved Jackson 5 (before you were born we had the 45 record from the back of a cereal box for the song ABC  - we had to finish the cereal before we could cut out the record and play it again and again! - and Michael.  

JJ gave a great concert!!!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Oh I forget all the titles but likely Escapade and Rythm nation.  Also loved Jackson 5 (before you were born we had the 45 record from the back of a cereal box for the song ABC  - we had to finish the cereal before we could cut out the record and play it again and again! - and Michael.  

JJ gave a great concert!!!

I did not so much get into JJ but I recall when Thriller first came out, when MTV was in its infancy. Only about 30 people had it on cable TV then. We went all snuggled together on the floor in sleeping bags with the lights real dark to watch it. I think this is one of Michael's greatest performances, just shows his immense 100%, genuine love for music and dance.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, yogacat said:

I did not so much get into JJ but I recall when Thriller first came out, when MTV was in its infancy. Only about 30 people had it on cable TV then. We went all snuggled together on the floor in sleeping bags with the lights real dark to watch it. I think this is one of Michael's greatest performances, just shows his immense 100%, genuine love for music and dance.

The first album my parents bought me was Off the Wall lol - I was a young teen.

• Like 1

—-

Some expression in your eyes 
Overtook me by surprise

Where was I 
How was I to know? 
How we can drive to a movie show 
When the music is here in my car? 
There's a band playing on the radio 
With a rhythm of rhyming guitars

They're playing 
Oh yeah