OMG! Where Has This Feeling Come From?

Please help. I don't know what to do! I'm feeling very achy for my ex after 58 days NC from wither side.

Why am I having this wobble? I really feel like texting or calling him even though I will probably be told where to go.

Please help me find strength. I'm sinking into a very deep depression and crying a lot. This past week has been terrible for me.

In my experience the urge to break no contact can creep up suddenly and when you're at your most vulnerable state I find it helps to have an action plan set up in advance when you're in a clear frame of mind. Is there a friend that you know you can call at any time if you get these sudden urges? That could be your plan. If not, think of something else to keep you occupied. Anytime your fingers are trembling on the dial or keypad, try hopping in the shower and crying it out first. Sometimes just distracting yourself for two or three minutes is enough to let the compulsion wash on by and get back to your senses.

Dottie, I actually feel like I'm going to have a breakdown. I can't understand I am feeling like this over a man who treated me so poorly.

Take things one day at a time, and come here to vent. I know that isn't an answer to your problems, but it will help.There is always somebody here to talk to.

Outside of that, all I can say is that I've been where you are so many times. And I felt like I wanted to die. Nothing brought me joy for a good while. All I cared about was my ex. And sure enough, I got over it. There is so much joy to be had in life. We can't let one person be the thing that keeps us alive and feeling complete.

Life will get better. You WILL get through this. And you WILL find somebody else (not that that's the answer, but still, something to be excited about)

You're going to be okay

I'm there with you girl. Driving home from Walmart earlier I started sobbing out of nowhere. Nothing even triggered it. These feelings just creep back up without warning. I went for a run and then worked out for another good hour and felt better. Try to distract yourself with something physical.

These 'emotions' are common. They will come in 'waves'. Yes, it can be very difficult to fight.

As mentioned, do your best to keep fighting them. Listen to your music.. cry it out.. etc.

It will ease off again in a bit and you'll come around again, feeling better.

You will get stronger with time.

Keep going!

But I totally know the feeling... I'm so sorry you are having one of these bad days I'm in the 50s of no contact days, and it is still so darn hard. I don't go a single day without thinking about her at least every hour probably... Despite trying not to. Running has helped. Journaling has helped. This forum has helped. Stay strong. We are here with and for you.

Well, there is your answer. Don't do anything to make yourself suffer more.

One night when I was desperate to contact him, I sat down and wrote out exactly every way that the conversation could possibly go. I realized after doing that that the chances of him saying anything that would actually make me feel better were between slim and none.

Hey Astrogirl I absolutely feel you. Like I said I'm also 50 some days into NC. It's gotten better, but I still think about her so darn much. I still love her so darn much. I wish I could hear from her. But I know I won't. And I know that she won't want to hear from me. If the ultimately outcome of hearing from the other person isn't going to be getting back together (with a renewed mindset and better plans to make things work-out... this is a whole different discussion), then contact is just painful and fruitless. If he is just going to say he loves you but can't be with you, then you're just going to cause yourself pain.

Archived