This is it. My mom is dying.

Moontiger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awww love ..sounds like precious moments x

It was. He didn't get this kind of...warning of his dad passing. It was sudden, and he was under 25. He was crying telling me about it.

My mom had a good day today. Some friends stopped by, she was exhausted by the end. My dad and I helped her to her bed and she spent the rest of the day resting.

That was very young and the shock must of been terrible . It sounds like he is going to be a huge tower of strength to you through all this .

I lost my dad at 26 , I did have warning , he had cancer ..it is only now when I look back I realise been in your 20's is still very young to lose a parent .

Sounds like your mum had a nice day and I am glad for that .

Hi everyone. I'm ok. I go back to my parents house at the end of September. Worked it all out with my boss. Mom is still with us. I call her everyday and when I reach her we talk for a minuet or two before I can tell she's getting tired. Looking into therapist for myself and got a book on grieving that I haven't yet opened.

Seriously I though she would out live us all, and at 110 get hit by a bus. It's inconceivable that there could be a world without her.

She is very, very sick and could have as little as a week or as long as 4 months.

My boss, such a great person, told me to get on my car and drive and to not worry at all, to take as much time as I need with her.

I've been at the hospital for a few hours. She is sleeping and we talked a little. My siblings are making there way into town.

My boyfriend has been wonderful. He lost his father years ago so he has been where I am.

I hold it together, then I cry, I'm ok and then I'm not. It's impossible for me to think of the world without her.

I'm so sorry for your loss. But you really are so lucky to have a mother that means so much to you and that you will miss this way. Try to focus on that. You were so blessed to have her for as long as you did. I wish I could have had a mother whose existence meant so much to me.

One of the first things we talked about was her position on medication. She feels it's a tool that can help a person if they are also doing all the other work they need to, and it's the last tool she goes to. Which fits perfectly with my feelings on medication. I won't take anything unless I have to.

Archived