This is it. My mom is dying.

Moontiger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brother and I found a pretty comfy lounge that we have more or less taken over. She was talking a lot today, very scared (understandable) and will be speaking with a priest for a second time tomorrow.

My dad was talking to her about their first date. It was really sweet. He apparently made a bit of a fool of himself by spilling a drink on her.

I am trying to accept that she won't be around soon. It doesn't feel real. Today I was looking at a list of dates and thought "She will not be here then." The weird part was I didn't really feel anything when I thought that. I don't know if that is denial/avoidance/acceptanc or what.

I am trying to accept that she won't be around soon. It doesn't feel real. Today I was looking at a list of dates and thought "She will not be here then." The weird part was I didn't really feel anything when I thought that. I don't know if that is denial/avoidance/acceptanc or what.

Well your Mom is still around, so I'm not sure if it is any of those things, just trying to process what is happening right now. I'm not so sure if there is any way you are supposed to be feeling. I imagine you are just numb and drained right now.

Archived