Update on the ex, for those who know my story

For those of you who have followed my story - starting with the breakup in november 2013, I posted a thread online in january or something because that ex had contacted me several times by phone which I ignored because I believed there was no use in talking since she was with someone else. Although I did feel as if things with her gf weren't going great - why would you contact your ex if it were great?

It appears I was right, some friend of mine informed me of the fact she appears to no longer be in that RS. She informed me of it because she thought it would help me understand why she contacted me. Now I indeed understand I was about to be used as an emotional pillow. She hasnt contacted since because I didn't reply anymore.

Just wanted to let you guys know!

Greetings

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I didnt ask for it - and i have told my friends before i didnt want to hear from her - cant help it that they thought it would be beneficial for me to inform me of this news.

You guys who are saying 'move on' arent helping. It seems as if Lucha HAS moved on. She hasn't talked to her ex or engaged with her. She is simply updating. Not sure why that's such an issue.

Thanks for the update Lucha. Glad you could see through our exes ploy.

HOpe your next update is a much happier one...

I agree with JAO, anytime someone posts "move on" or whatever alludes to such, it totally makes me cringe. If that person could move on, they would! I don't care how long they've been mourning over the loss, they have every right to post about it and not be made to feel worse than they already do. We don't know anything about the poster and ENA may be their only outlet. Telling someone to move on does not help, it can make them feel inadequate.

Thank you jennylove and JAO, for the acknowledgement.

Thank god I am no longer actively mourning the RS and I do not at all feel inadequate because I am working as a psychiatrist -to-be myself and I know all too well this is just how the majority of people will react to mourning or psychological issues: move on, get over it,...

Which is why there are therapists to acknowledge the suffering of these people and to let them know it is okay to still not be over it or to have the need to talk about it.

So I am not bothered by those reactions but thanks anyway, for those who are on here looking for support and get those replies and feel inadequate or not normal...

;-)

Archived