Have I met a catfish online?? Need advice!

dangoodwin

Hey guys,

I am 18 and I have never been in a relationship, but I have been speaking to this girl online on this BDSM dating site (yes I know it is weird, but that is what I am into so get over it lol) for about a month now. And I am starting to get the feeling she is catfishing me! With this dating site, you have to pay for the messages and they arent cheap. Would she still catfish me if she is wasting money of her own too??

I do not want to make it suspicious to her as she is amazing and the fittest girl I have spoken to (I dont get along with that many girls unfortuantly lol). So if she is real, I don't want to blow it!

Here are the signs which make me suspicious:

1) She only has one photo uploaded. I have asked her for more but she said she is too fussy with photos (but I suspect that is a lie)

2) She does not give out any other details other than what is on her profile already - ie. place of work, facebook, mobile number, email address, skype, surname or full name

3) Her first message to me was saying that I am near her, but in fact I live about an hour away from where she says she live

4) She is kind of too good to be true - I don't normally get in a relationship with this kind of girl (sadly)

5) Everytime I ask her to meet (even in a BDSM way), she keeps stalling and says she is not ready yet

She has always said she really cares about me and she always thinks of me. But is she getting me to think this for her entertainment?

Are the above just a coincidence or is this genuinely a catfish?

Thanks,

Dan

These types of websites make money off of unsuspecting clients(you being a prime example). Have you ever considered the possibility that she is actually employed by this company and is payed a commission on how long she can string her "clients" along? The more you message her(i.e. the more you spend), the more money she makes. Avoid this scheme.

The first thing I would suggest is to do a reverse Google image search on her picture. The next thing I would suggest is that regardless of what that search turns up, if anything, to stop paying this web site and get out and meet real (i.e. non catfish) women.

Archived