Dating after Divorce...financially difficult, your thoughts?

rose2summer

LOL I don't know if I would date a man who made zero dollars. I was married to one and that was bad enough, so I suspect I wouldn't. I get that in terms of this thread that's a bit of a double-standard, in womens' favor, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Would a woman that was making 100k date a man that was making zero dollars?

If so, would she be expected to pay, too?

I wouldn't have unless it was a temporary situation. I was looking to get married and I wanted someone who, like me, was financially stable. When I dated men who were unemployed or where I made more money we either went to places within his budget or if was an event I wanted to go to I would pay. I avoided going to expensive restaurants outside his budget (because then he might feel uncomfortable with my treating) but if there was a concert, theater event, or social event I would buy the tickets.

Hi sweetie - I agree with the posters who recommended getting your financial house in order before dating. Or if you do date, try to do some of the cheaper activities (walks, museums, coffee). If a guy asks you out to a $$$ restaurant, but then has you pick up the tab, he's an idiot and don't see him again (especially if he knows you're unemployed!!!)

hugs and hang in there.

Archived