Hey guys, been a few months since I posted, quick background, together 3 years, he broke up with me twice then got with someone else.

So the good and the bad

I'm pretty much through the worst of it when it comes down to being over him, I can text him a bit and not be bothered by it, this rarely happens, we just have a short catch up. I rang his mum just to catch up because I had genuine good relationship with them, again doesn't move me.

The bigger issue is getting over being out of a relationship, and how I should stay single, I thought I'd be ready by now. I'm not...I met a guy very early on who I liked, from the start he stated he didn't want a relationship, I respected that. A lot more recently we became closer (or so I thought) we acted like a couple, cuddled, kissed, chatted, met his parents etc. he even told me he'd be jealous if I got into another relationship! At this point I new it wasn't going to become anything more, I liked that because I new I wasn't ready. We left on a good note (he lives in about 3 hours away by train). We still spoke everyday, and then things seemed to go wrong, I started become a bit clingy, lonely and I messed up, he started messaging me less. He finally admitted that he was distancing himself from me. Of course this really hurt and I feel like I've gone backwards, I'm probably going to start NC with him. Moral for me is that you cannot change someones mind even if you think you can. Even all the times that seemed genuine, just aren't - his excuse being is that hes just like that, and what he said means nothing...

Archived