Leaving the country in a few months, how do I date in the mean time?? ADVICE pls

BigKK

Hey everyone,

So I am just curious how do I go about dating people right now...I discovered last night after speaking with friends that I want a limited time girlfriend. I don't really want to "hook up" only but rather form a connection with someone and hang out?

In person, this is easy to throw out there, so primarily my question how do I approach online dating, my friends said just be honest and that some girls will actually be interested. But essentially is what I'm looking for a fling?

Will I screw myself if I actually fall in love with someone but I am planning to leave?

Should I just not bother?

Am I crazy?

Specifically I am talking OKCupid, POF, Tinder, by far the worst the internet has to offer, but since this is Enotalone, we get to discuss E-dating and issues, so help me out!

Here is what I wrote:

"So right now I am working and saving for studying abroad, I have about 5 months left in San Diego, but wouldn't mind meeting someone I get along with great.

I love the outdoors, I am very honest, I am loyal, I love traveling and I am going to move to Europe for 2 years in August for business school. I don't want to just hibernate while I wait to go, I still want to seek out and meet amazing people.

I have hobby ADD, I enjoy all kinds of activities...it's a long list that I cycle through constantly, but during the summer I will be at the beach a lot, working out, dancing, concerts, you name it.."

thank you cheers, happy Wednesday ena

Why on earth do you even need OLD for this? Go out and have fun with friends and if something rolls your way, you can have your fling. Why the heck do you need to seek someone online for just a few months before you leave on a whole new adventure? Are you really that needy?????? Sorry but you kind of sound sad.

Why on earth do you even need OLD for this? Go out and have fun with friends and if something rolls your way, you can have your fling. Why the heck do you need to seek someone online for just a few months before you leave on a whole new adventure? Are you really that needy?????? Sorry but you kind of sound sad.

I've never done it and figured I'd give a shot before I take off...not sure how that is needy, but if you say so DancingFool!

So I am just curious how do I go about dating people right now...I discovered last night after speaking with friends that I want a limited time girlfriend. I don't really want to "hook up" only but rather form a connection with someone and hang out?

I cannot imagine any self-respecting girl wanting this unless a) she was leaving too or b) she just wants a fling.

I would NOT actively look for dates on any website. If you happen to meet a young lady in person through mutual activities, then let her know that you will be leaving the country and the two of you can decide if you guys want to just enjoy eachother's company and want to go out on casual dates for fun. I would actually just focus on making more guy friends or looking up friends you don't get to hang out with too often rather than trying to starting a new relationship.

Why not join a meetup group that meets to practice the language that you will be speaking when you get to where you are going?

Archived