Help with girlfriend's pregnancy

ken0001

Long story short :

My girlfriend had her last menstrual cycle last January 21 or 22.

For the first time, we had sex last February 10 @ 10am or 11am. Without using any contraceptives.

Next was February 13 (11pm), 14 (afternoon), and 15 (afternoon) respectively. Afterwards, we didn't have any sex up to this day.

Right now, she hasn't had her menstruation period.

She tested a HPT (home pregnancy test) and followed directions correctly last March 10 which resulted in a negative result. She used her very first piss in the morning. She's not under any medications.

Question :

Have I, by any chance, made her pregnant? Thanks to those who will reply with my somewhat ridiculous post.

It's very likely

Are you trying to get her pregnant? I'm guessing so?

Get her to get a blood test

Getting her pregnant? Not really this early. I wanted to use condoms but she said it doesn't feel right when there's condom.

So we proceeded to do the deed by only doing the "pull-out" though I am fully aware it's not really safe to do it.

I'm a little bit worried as to what may happen. BTW, I'm 24 and she's 28.

I asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor to have her checked. But she declined. Said she doesn't feel anything weird and if she did, she'll let me know immediately. Sigh.

Getting her pregnant? Not really this early. I wanted to use condoms but she said it doesn't feel right when there's condom.

So we proceeded to do the deed by only doing the "pull-out" though I am fully aware it's not really safe to do it.

I'm a little bit worried as to what may happen. BTW, I'm 24 and she's 28.

I asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor to have her checked. But she declined. Said she doesn't feel anything weird and if she did, she'll let me know immediately. Sigh.

Congrats, you are likely a baby daddy. Rule for life: Wrap it up no matter what (if you don't want to be a parent).

This does my head in. There are so many unwanted children in the world. The reason 'I don't like the feel of a condom' is not a reason to NOT use one

The pull out method doesn't protect against STD's and I know 10+ couples that have been caught out by the pull out method and ended up PARENTS.

There is a huge likelihood she is pregnant.

Why won't she try another method of birth control?

It's possible, but it's also possible that stress or anxiety is delaying her period. I've had my period thrown off when I have a lot going on in my life. I would recommend she get on some reliable birth control. I honestly don't think things feel *that different* with a condom.

>>I wanted to use condoms but she said it doesn't feel right when there's condom.

That's what every girl who wants to get pregnant on the sly says. Honestly, don't fall for this. If you don't want a baby, then you MUST use a condom. Any woman who doesn't actively want a baby will insist on using birth control, so this woman wants a baby. Let's just hope she isn't pregnant after all.

And don't sleep with her again without a condom, and one you bring yourself rather than one she could have stuck with a pin beforehand.

there's an old joke that goes, 'what do they call people who use the pull-out method? Answer: Parents!' It has a very high failure rate, so don't do it again.

>>I wanted to use condoms but she said it doesn't feel right when there's condom.

That's what every girl who wants to get pregnant on the sly says. Honestly, don't fall for this. If you don't want a baby, then you MUST use a condom. Any woman who doesn't actively want a baby will insist on using birth control, so this woman wants a baby. Let's just hope she isn't pregnant after all.

And don't sleep with her again without a condom, and one you bring yourself rather than one she could have stuck with a pin beforehand.

there's an old joke that goes, 'what do they call people who use the pull-out method? Answer: Parents!' It has a very high failure rate, so don't do it again.

Yeah, so my boyfriend and his ex-gf relied on the pull-out method. It worked for 5 years until it didn't. It was towards the end of the their relationship and she had an abortion. Pulling out works until it doesn't, lol.

If YOU don't want a baby, then YOU must put a condom on. If it doesn't feel right for her, then it'll just have to not feel right. It'll feel even less right when she is pushing a baby out of there and you are trapped into becoming a father before your time.

Also, I want to be blunt - if a girl refuses to wear a condom because "it doesn't feel right" then how many other men has she wanted to feel "right" with? In fact, don't think about the answer - it only takes one other to give her an STD and I have a feeling she doesn't go to get checked out because the clamps "don't feel right" either.

Please educate yourself on reproduction and STD's and note that it is not just one persons choice to have unprotected sex, you have a say in it anyway. Start thinking with your head and not....your other one and recognise that there may be more to this lack of common sense as it seems.

If she isn't pregnant then thank your lucky stars because you couldn't have been less safe if you'd have tried. I hope you learn your lesson the easier way by this being just a scare, but if it isn't then you will just have to accept that those ten minutes of unprotected sex have cost you 18 years of child rearing.

Is anyone doing the math here?

They had sex around Day 20. That is a week after the end of the fertile period, assuming she has normal cycles.

Also, the home pregnancy tests are just as accurate as the doctors' when used correctly.

I highly doubt that she is pregnant unless she is lying about the test (and why would she if she's told you about her missed periods?). If you somehow made her pregnant around February 20th, it would DEFINITELY show up on a pregnancy test by now.

The pull-out method is not great but is FAR, FAR better than using nothing at all.

They had sex around Day 20. That is a week after the end of the fertile period, assuming she has normal cycles.

Also, the home pregnancy tests are just as accurate as the doctors' when used correctly.

I highly doubt that she is pregnant unless she is lying about the test (and why would she if she's told you about her missed periods?). If you somehow made her pregnant around February 20th, it would DEFINITELY show up on a pregnancy test by now.

The pull-out method is not great but is FAR, FAR better than using nothing at all.

lol, yes, we do math. At this point, we really don't know. We can assume that she has regular periods, but we really don't know (obviously we don't know her). Her periods may not be regular anyway, which is why she is so late. I've been 2 weeks late, even with no sex.

That some HUGE loopholes, the likelihood of her being preggo is high. Her last period was around the 20th of January. So its been close to 8 weeks now.

You are working with inaccurate info. When women ovulate varies wildly. The majority of women ovulate between days 10-22 of their cycle, but there are a lot of women outside of even that large window. The OP's gf could definitely be pregnant. It sure sounds like she wants to be!

Not everyone ovulates at the same time. I have a 34 day cycle and ovulate around day 24. So there is no guarantee they were in the 'safe' zone. There is no safe zone. Sperm can live up there for 7 days!

Also I was 2 weeks late with my period before I got a faint positive. Everyone is different.

The only way to know for sure is to wait I guess. Give it another couple of weeks, no period. Test again. Still no period after that go to the doctors to find out what is going on.

Also yeah the pull out method is better than nothing but not when it comes to STD's and the fact that nearly everyone I know whose used it has got pregnant.

Guys, she took the pregnancy test 21 days after they last had sex.

If a sexual encounter in February resulted in pregnancy, by then there would be HIGH levels of the pregnancy hormone in her bloodstream. The pregnancy test has nothing to do with how long it's been since you missed your period. That is IRRELEVANT.

A monkey could use a pregnancy test. You dip it in urine, wait a couple minutes, presto. I've used numerous home pregnancy tests in my life and they've always been accurate.

I think this poor guy is getting scared over nothing. I think he has a right to insist that she take another test though.

Thank you for the fast replies, guys.

It's not that I'm scared to have the baby nor the responsibilities.

What I'm scared of is that I really feel that she herself doesn't know how she'll handle it.

I feel that she can be a potential threat to the growing up of the kid. If that were to happen, I'll be forced to leave her and just be there for the kid.

I do not want to have a broken family but if worst comes to worst, that'll be the case.

Thank you again for replying to my somewhat idiotic post.

Archived