"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

That looks amazing, and SO not too much. Is that apples with the pomegranate? I always think fruit desserts can make a nice and not overwhelmingly rich finish to a meal.

I am going to convert myself to morning workouts because of the following:

1. Gym is quieter, all the "toys" are free

2. More energy in the morning

3. Burn calories all day long

4. Get to work earlier-- less rushed than if I had slept in

5. There are never any meetings or appointment scheduled for 6 am

6. My personal favourite-- my workout is done for the day. I don't have to think about it or figure out how to fit it in.

'

I wish mine was like that - I'm a "morning person" but mornings are REALLY crowded at the gym I go to - they have morning daycare free, so all the younger ladies with kids head there for Zumba every morning.

I'm going to try for 11am tomorrow. Afternoons are quiet, but sometimes my schedule and afternoons just don't mix.

I had an awesome workout today - and inspired by the rest of you, I'm going to try to repeat it through Friday since Saturday is rock climbing.

I did the circuit of the weight machines (low-mid weight, lotta reps) for 45 minutes - and followed it up with a 15 minute "random hill" gruelling spin that I pushed myself through on sprint. So managed to maintain 23mph average through the hills and valleys - and I can say I was DRIPPING when I finished up today. Not the heavy sheen, but absolutely wringing. And felt SO energized even though my muscles were feeling a bit on the limp side. Got home and apparently chattered like a maniac - hubby told me I was being hyper spaz After a warm shower, I'm ready to do it all over again - but I'll hold off til tomorrow as I have the feeling my energy is talking, and my muscles would probably head for Toledo in protest if I tried.

So, today's a rest day. This morning I tried on a pair of skinny jeans that I bought but have NEVER been able to wear and -- voila! They slipped right on. So, I'm feeling pretty GREAT today.

Woohoo!!! So happy for you and proud of everyone!!!

I'm nowhere near the skinny jeans yet - but thanks to everyone here, I'm not stopping til I'm back in a size 5-7. Mind you - it may take me til this fall... but I will get there.

Back down to 165 so the water is slowly coming off again. I'm really curious to see what results I will see if I can maintain this exercise level for a week or so.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You go, girls!!!!!

Today I am just coasting.... floating along on a cloud of happiness over my recent progress. Tomorrow I'll begin my workout regimen in earnest. Sticking with my standard smoothe-salad-chickpea omelette routine for today.

A-Little-Blue, how's that fruit fast going? I'm so curious about that! What kind of fruits have you been eating?

That sounds like a great KILLER workout!!!! Wooo hoooo -- good for you!!!

I know that amazing sweat pouring off like buckets feeling -- IT RULES. It's addictive.

Have you tried a spin class yet? You would love it!!!

My gym is a lot like yours. Super early morning -- like 5:30 to 6:30 -- is pretty empty. But then it fills up. I used to go to early morning spin class -- or, if I couldn't make that, I'd wait till noon. Noon it was always practically empty there.

Keep it up -- I'll be joining you on a 3-Day mini challenge starting tomorrow!

Whipped up some teriyaki sauce and used it to grill some tuna steak last night, with some steamed broccoli with tuscan seasoning and some wild mushroom couscous. Really good. Had the leftovers this morning - now I'm left with some couscous so I'll have to come up with something to go with it lol.

Man, I need some more veggie variety. Can anyone describe fresh/roasted beets - I despise them pickled, but heard they're completely different fresh/roasted... Not fond of sweet potatoes either sadly - might try to get just one and see if I can come up with something to make it not so, well, sweet.

9x of cardio... heart rate at 145-155 for 30-60 minutes and 6 out of 7 days at caloric deficit has finally pushed through plateau and resulted in 4.5 lbs weight loss in 2 weeks!

SWEET!

I don't understand what any of those numbers mean -- but keep doing it, girl!!!

I had a snacky day yesterday -- juice, nuts, miso-veggie soup, peanut butter off the spoon -- so it's time to reign it in and get strict! Also doing a mini 3-Day Challenge of spin-ski-spin starting today..... heaven help me!

Words cannot express how grateful I am to have lost this weight. I've got a bit more to go, but I'm SO SO RELIEVED to have made it back into my normal range. A bit heavier still than I'd like......... but NORMAL. I've ordered myself a few new summer dresses to celebrate!

So I rested yesterday from the gym, but ended up moving things for work for 5 hours, so that kind of offset itself. Didn't wake up to workout this morning, so guess who gets to deal with chaos of afternoon gym? Totally worth it though. I need to burn off some pita chips and tortillas I had.

Ok... so date #5? Am I still counting?

So she came over to my place, and was impressed by the view. I told her at night it gets even better... once it got dark she was stunned. The movie was out, and she just wanted to hang outside and enjoy it.

I made chicken fajitas and they turned out really great. Now I am not really in the right position, due to the whole leaving the country thing. But I have to say after the last date, I had strong feelings for her. This time... I am getting the feeling we're just "having fun," she's not very affectionate, although some girls aren't, the last girl I was with was over the top affectionate so maybe everyone pales in comparison to her. At this point I am really not even thinking so much and just going to enjoy myself. We go from 0-60, it's been like that the last 3 dates. A tiny bit of flirting, we talk about work, and random things. Finish eating, and then one kiss on the lips leads to heavy making out. I almost laughed to myself since it was as if we were both waiting for that. After a few minutes of kissing in the kitchen she declares "so uuuh, I didn't get a proper tour of the place, where was your room?" With a twinkle in her eye... She didn't want to spend the night... I told her to, in the morning she said "I'm glad I listened to you" and I responded with "told you so...although it wasn't really a choice" We slept in kind of late, and I was running late to work.

Sorry for turning this thread into my dear diary haha, maybe I should start a journal! I came in with such a smile on my face, my master technician that I've known for years knew I had a date. He took one look at me and just started laughing. It's funny when people know you well.

This weekend I was supposed to go sailing with the new roommates, that's out unfortunately. I'm thinking body boarding, snorkeling, hiking, or rock climbing, possibly some camping.

Cookies aren’t allowed in the house anymore. I can’t control myself! Cookie with my coffee for breakfast...

I can't keep granola in the house. I'm all like, "This will make a great breakfast for a week!" Then, nope, it made 5 great snacks in one night.

Sorry for turning this thread into my dear diary haha, maybe I should start a journal! I came in with such a smile on my face, my master technician that I've known for years knew I had a date. He took one look at me and just started laughing. It's funny when people know you well.

I know I don't mind the updates. I'm a sucker for other people's love lives!

Anyway, I maybe have lost weight? I don't weight myself enough! But I've been sick, so I probably have, even if it's not "real" weight loss. The fever is gone, and I'm finally feeling better today. About 90% sitting-at-my-desk better but probably only about 50% working-out better, if that makes sense. I ran 45 minutes yesterday (sloooooow). I hope I get back to 100% soon. Even though I know I haven't actually lost (much) fitness through this bug, it's frustrating to run 10+ miles in 90 minutes one week and less than 4.5 miles in 45 minutes the next week (and to feel about the same after).

Doesn't bother me a bit It's kind of nice reading a POSITIVE dating experience on here!!!

Ah don't sweat it F - you'll bounce back after a couple days of rehydrating and eating a bit better. Glad you're doing better though!!! I think when you get sick, your body (rightfully) appropriates everything nutrition wise to recuperate - which just doesn't leave as much to burn. It's not so much fitness loss as letting your body catch up to allowing you to use your fuel to do more than recover.

I did my day 3 of Killer Workout - with a twist.

Today I did a full hour (oh just shoot me) on the weight machines before a cooldown on the treadmill. I can definitely tell what areas I had never completely built and toned in previous years - while my legs and abs are responding like champs, my arms are wimpy!!! So parts that had once upon a time been in really good shape seem to be "remembering" and coming around a LOT faster than those sad and neglected upper arms and shoulders.

Had a bit of a shock after - went to the store to grab stuff to make for the next week or so. So I'm trotting out with my cart (I never move very slow) and as I get to the door - the cart comes to a dead stop and bounces back - and the crossbar at the bottom slammed into my left shin since it was moving forward.

OUUUUUUCH!!!! Apparently they'd been moving some heavy equipment or something, and the plate that sits on the floor where the auto doors slide accross was dented and pushed up. Told them I seemed to be ok but they needed to fix it pronto. And have a bruise the size of my fist coming up on my shin and puffing up - no easy task since there's not much bloodflow there. So I might have to go back and file a report. Blah. I hate reporting stuff like this, makes me feel like a crybaby.

It’s a good thing to do though, covers your butt and theirs.

Need to get back on the clean eating train. I had a really good sushi dinner and cheesecake dessert tonight, but I know that I shouldn’t eat like that. My husband’s stomach is starting to act up again, so we are heading back to the juicer. I still have at least one green juice per day, but I want to drop a bunch more weight and that is a great way to do it. My co-worker took a picture of me today and I was shocked by how thin my face looks. I look good!!

I guess I will be going to the gym in the morning. I took today off, and good thing, because I was sore pretty much everywhere.

I'm pleased to report my hubby has (mostly) joined me eating healthy. He's at least eating MUCH healthier - he's cut way down on the carb heavy stuff he was so fond of - and now when he has indulged he says it doesn't sit right anymore. Of course, being a guy, his metabolism lets him eat pretty much as he wishes from a weight standpoint within reason. And he's now talking about going hiking again as a couple That really pleases me - he has degenerative joint disease, so there are a lot of things he used to do that he just can't anymore. Trying to talk him into at least trying some of the weight machines to build up some more muscle around his joints for support.

Tomorrow will make day 4 of The Killer Workout. Wondering how many days I can keep it up - I know I'll be skipping either Sat or Sunday to go rock climbing - but not like that'll be slacking! Son is going to go with us, so it'll be me, both my stepsons (10 and 12) and my 21 year old son. Think it'll be a blast!!!

So... does anyone know a flavor to compare roasted beets to? Or know a way to roast sweet potatoes so they don't taste as sweet?

A-Little-Blue, how's that fruit fast going? I'm so curious about that! What kind of fruits have you been eating?

It's been harder than I remember … mostly because all this fruit and raw veg has a tendency to … umm … work it's way through me rather quickly … and rather a lot! I guess it's not called a fruit flush diet for nothing

Day one is more of a preparation for the fruit flush and you have to drink a protein drink every 2 hours. That's a struggle for me because I don't really like protein drinks. They suggest mixing 32oz of water with 1 1/4 cup egg whites and whey protein powder (I used a strawberry flavoured whey protein powder).

At 6pm (very strict with times) you can have a raw veg salad instead of fruit (any veggies you like) and add 3-6oz of lean meat.

The second and third days are the actual flush. You eat lots of fresh fruit throughout the day and can have a raw veg salad in the evening.

Here is an example:

8 a.m. 2 cups of cubed cantaloupe

10 a.m. 2 cups of strawberries

12 p.m. 1 banana

2 p.m. 2 medium apples

4 p.m. 1 large mango

6 p.m. 3 to 6 cups of raw vegetable salad with lots of leafy greens and 1 to 2 tbsp. olive or flax seed oil for the dressing. You may top your salad with 1/2 avocado.. You may also have a protein drink made with 12 oz. of water and 5 tbsp. of whey protein powder or egg whites. You should drink at least 8 to 12 oz. of water 1 hour after each serving of fruit, as well as 1 hour after your salad.

I cheated yesterday and had scrambled eggs whites instead of the protein drink.

Not a problem at all. I look forward to the updates!!

I can't keep granola in the house. I'm all like, "This will make a great breakfast for a week!" Then, nope, it made 5 great snacks in one night.

I absolutely adore granola. Although I'm not meant to be sticking with the fruit flush diet for more than 3 days, I thought I would still stick along those same lines but I am going to allow myself some fat free yoghurt and a sprinkling of granola on my fruit to give it some oomph!! Like you, though, once I start with the granola …..

I am going to make a huuuuge batch of vegetable soup for tonight. I might add some chilli to spice it up a bit though! Would it be too naughty to throw in some croutons?

Anyway, I maybe have lost weight? I don't weight myself enough! But I've been sick, so I probably have, even if it's not "real" weight loss. The fever is gone, and I'm finally feeling better today. About 90% sitting-at-my-desk better but probably only about 50% working-out better, if that makes sense. I ran 45 minutes yesterday (sloooooow). I hope I get back to 100% soon. Even though I know I haven't actually lost (much) fitness through this bug, it's frustrating to run 10+ miles in 90 minutes one week and less than 4.5 miles in 45 minutes the next week (and to feel about the same after).

I was ill some weeks back and that put me behind quite a bit but the good thing is I had this thread to get me straight back on track. Everyone has been so inspiring. I tried weighing myself this morning but my already-dodgy scales have finally pegged it for good. Apparently I was only 90lbs this morning. I did buy some new scales but they were a bit on the cheap side and you need to literally stamp, jump or throw them on the floor to get them to kick into life! Anyway, I've decided not to put too much stock into the weight loss because at certain times of the months I can retain a lot of water. My weight can fluctuate quite a bit because of this so it is hard to keep any real track … and going by my scales situation, I think someone is trying to tell me not to bother!

Soooo, I finally have a holiday booked up … with my daughters, a friend and her daughter. I am sooooo excited!!! Tonight, my eldest daughter and I are putting on our running shoes on and going on a 40 minute run!! I also want to start doing some butt tightening exercises!!!!!

Joining a weight loss group here in town, it's a local thing, $50 to join and weigh ins and meetings every Saturday. The biggest loser gets the pot!

This morning I thought about staying in bed and working out after work, but figured I was awake anyways, so may as well get up and go!

I didn't make any veg juice but I did pick up a protein smoothie at the gym. Just pineapple and vanilla protein powder. Not great. I actually had to water it down. I wish my car had a fridge with a supply of fresh cut fruit/veg and a small blender so I could make things on the go

Husband wants to get back on the horse. I don't know if he'll stay on, but I told him that I can't eat the way I used to anymore. His heavy meat-based meals make me feel ill all the next day, and I told him I don't want cookies or things like that in the house. He agreed.

I think weight loss groups are great. I have a surgical support group I attend once a month but I wish it were more often.

It's really helpful to hear about how others are doing and what they are eating, how they are exercising, etc.

I have lost over 65, approaching 70, so almost half way. I feel better than I have in years. I love that I've finally gotten into Greek yogurt, which I used to hate. My tastes in food have definitely changed but for the better. I crave the good stuff now.

Sent from Tapatalk

So yesterday, I had a 12 hour work day... physical all day.

We're demoing a room and clearing out a whole building, so it was manual labor all day. After a night with hardly any sleep and a lot of "cardio." I managed to survive on a lot of coffee and yohimbine....

I got home and rested for an hour... and had the most epic workout session

Leg workout, and just felt like a monster...

Finished workout at 10pm

Woke up at 4:30, for another workout this morning...geez I'm on one...

As for my dear diary, I hopped on Tinder since I had a feeling there wasn't a strong "connection" after last date.. .maybe she had an offdate, but she was on tinder a day ago...essentially either right after or even during our dinner date ^_^

My red flag is she gave me this weird side hug when she left... ANyway... texted her this morning saying hi, but I don't think I will initiate a date 6... I'll let her do some work. Perhaps I should date others? even though that's not really my s tyle...

My red flag is she gave me this weird side hug when she left... ANyway... texted her this morning saying hi, but I don't think I will initiate a date 6... I'll let her do some work. Perhaps I should date others? even though that's not really my s tyle...

I don't really like dating more than one person at a time, either. I think that might be a good idea for you in this case, though. She was someone you were a bit ambivalent about from the beginning, wasn't she?

Meanwhile, I CRUSHED the first two days of my 3 Day Mini Challenge! A great spin class followed by a NordicTrack workout this morning... and I am SORE. But ready to complete the challenge with another spin class tomorrow.

Diet-wise, right on track: smoothies, big salads, veggie-miso soup and chickpea flour pancakes.

This weekend I'll be making cucumber-avocado sushi rolls for me and my son. In fact, there could be a lot of sushi consumed this weekend..... but as cheats go, it's not THE WORST, so I'm just going to go with it. Besides, he eats most of it anyway.

Anyhow -- just checking in! Everyone sounds GREAT! Keep it up -- can't wait to hear how much you lose on your fruit flush, ALB!

Archived