"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

Went out and drank last night. I feel so polluted! Blehhhhhh.

This week is going to be juice only. I need to fix this.

I know what you mean about feeling polluted. Sometimes I decide it will be fun to drink, but I always feel gross the next day, even if I'm not terribly hung over. It's just a yucky thing to do to your body-- sometimes it's worth it for the fun, but it's definitely a rare occasion kind of thing.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright... 30 minutes on treadmill, 20 minutes on elliptical, 15 minutes on bike, and then 15 minutes of plyometric jumping...

completely spent... wow, did it all so I could write in the thread.

HAHAHAHA!! That is what helps me stick to my diet. Very slack on the working out though.

Went out and drank last night. I feel so polluted! Blehhhhhh.

Me too and since cutting down on my alcohol intake, I have noticed how awful I feel when I now drink.

I used to be able to drink everyone else under the table. No more. Those days are over. I could have had fun without it lol

My husband brought me chicken soup for dinner and he had fried chicken. 10 minutes after eating it, he was in the bathroom. Junk food/drink for us is just a big fat NO.

Looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow

Did the ski machine this a.m. -- so I've completed my 7-Day Challenge, woooooo hooooooo!

Despite all my moaning and complaining, I see a profound change from having done so many days in a row. While I won't be doing 7 days every week, I'm going to make it a goal to work out 5-6 days a week from now on.

Diet-wise, made a big pot of veg curry last night so it'll likely be smoothies, curry and rice for the next few days.

Ran my first half marathon a few weeks ago. Did fine. Spent the whole race telling myself I should run faster, being afraid I was running too fast, and criticizing myself for being so out of the flow. Shared this dynamic with my "coach", who said

"Just tell yourself that you run fast."

So simple. As I learn to eat differently and exercise habitually, my view of myself needs updating too. I can let go of my fears of not being good enough, and enjoy the process. And I can believe that Yes, I AM that person.

Sharing for others who are on a transforming journey. Its not just weight loss -- I lost 10 pounds last summer and I am losing another 10 now, and that will get me back to wedding weight, and nearly high school weight. Weight was a symptom. The real transformation is happening on the inside. Very exciting.

Oh Angler, you were sick for awhile hey! Glad you’re back!

Veg curry sounds so good, sharky. Good for you for doing 7 days. That’s tough to do.

I am aiming for five straight days of workouts and 5 straight days of juice this week. I’m going to visit a friend on the weekend, and the odds of being able to juice are very low.

Sharing for others who are on a transforming journey. Its not just weight loss -- I lost 10 pounds last summer and I am losing another 10 now, and that will get me back to wedding weight, and nearly high school weight. Weight was a symptom. The real transformation is happening on the inside. Very exciting.

I really like that quote. It’s so true. Getting healthier is having such an impact on the rest of my life too, not just physical.

Did the ski machine this a.m. -- so I've completed my 7-Day Challenge, woooooo hooooooo!

Despite all my moaning and complaining, I see a profound change from having done so many days in a row. While I won't be doing 7 days every week, I'm going to make it a goal to work out 5-6 days a week from now on.

Diet-wise, made a big pot of veg curry last night so it'll likely be smoothies, curry and rice for the next few days.

ski machine?

image removed

the curry sounds delicious, I love curry, had some Saag Paneer last night

Big training day today! A three hour bike ride followed by a half hour run. I need to work on my nutrition. I felt great for the first 15 minutes of the run and then started feeling really depleted and almost shaky. I need more "real" food (and more calories) on the bike-- Powerade and sports gummies just ain't gonna cut it.

You are crashing from lack of calories, try something more caloric like almonds, I would keep a little baggy in my back pocket on longer rides. When you get completely depleted your body will shut down. They call it "hitting the wall" I would carry my cellphone to call people to save me haha, or boy food.

You are crashing from lack of calories, try something more caloric like almonds, I would keep a little baggy in my back pocket on longer rides. When you get completely depleted your body will shut down. They call it "hitting the wall" I would carry my cellphone to call people to save me haha, or boy food.

Ha ha, I had actually already decided to get almonds next time I go to the store. This was my longest workout yet, and it's the first time I've been able to feel an imminent bonk coming on, which was good because it let me know where my limits are and gave me insight into how to go past them. My dad also made the suggestion of pretzels for earlier in the bike ride-- still carbs, but they aren't pure sugar like I'll probably need to be consuming towards the end of the bike/during the run and plus they've got some salt on them. I may try that too.

And I always take my phone on rides with me-- the last thing I want is to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere after my second flat with no way to travel the 20 miles back home!

Ha ha, I had actually already decided to get almonds next time I go to the store. This was my longest workout yet, and it's the first time I've been able to feel an imminent bonk coming on, which was good because it let me know where my limits are and gave me insight into how to go past them. My dad also made the suggestion of pretzels for earlier in the bike ride-- still carbs, but they aren't pure sugar like I'll probably need to be consuming towards the end of the bike/during the run and plus they've got some salt on them. I may try that too.

And I always take my phone on rides with me-- the last thing I want is to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere after my second flat with no way to travel the 20 miles back home!

Oh yeah, walking a bike for 10 miles on a hot Sunday...not how you want to spend the day. Been there done that, no thanks!

Yeah anything caloric, Pretzels are great, almonds, the sugar...you shred through it too fast and bonk again. I like to stick bananas in my back pocket sometimes (that sounds really weird) and eat them after an hour. I also like to stick them in my back pocket and go clubbing, nothing better to start a conversation then with a banana in your hand.

I am so sore today. I'm just beyond words to describe my soreness.

However, a major breakthrough has occurred! So even though I'm limping and whining, I'm shrinking back down to my *real* size, and it feels really good to be getting back to normal. wooooooo hooooooooo!!!!

ski machine?

Hahhahahahaa -- I WISH!!! That actually looks like FUN! Not like the medieval torture device I use.... remember the NordicTrack cross-country ski machine? It's very old school but I love it. I also use a spin bike which is admittedly more fun but so far less effective.

ski machine?

Hahhahahahaa -- I WISH!!! That actually looks like FUN! Not like the medieval torture device I use.... remember the NordicTrack cross-country ski machine? It's very old school but I love it. I also use a spin bike which is admittedly more fun but so far less effective.

I always imagined the ski-machine to be like a cross-trainer. In fact I thought a ski-machine was effectively what we call a cross-trainer in the UK. Though having just Googled for sharky's "medivial torture device" style ski-machine, I can see they aren't dissimilar.

I had a cross-trainer until recently. I had never put the damn thing together right and couldn't adjust the tension. In fact, there was NO tension and it used to bounce around all over the place. I am hoping to get a new one but having looked at UP-TO-DATE ski-machines, I have to agree, they do look much more fun!

It looks like a cross trainer is closer to an elliptical. They're fun too! I used to use them at the gym.

I have a sentimental attachment to the old NordicTrack, though. We've been through a lot over the years. It helped me get rid of my pregnancy weight.... it saw me through those 30 pounds I put on when I quit smoking..... it's been cursed at and kicked and used as a coatrack more than I care to admit.... and now here we are, once again! Good times.

Question: has anyone tried any of those streaming services like Daily Burn or Gymbox or StudioSweat or GaiaTV? I'm looking for a subscription service to do yoga, kettlebells, spin classes, stuff like that.

That's great! Glad the half-marathon went well!

I weighed myself yesterday evening at 135 pounds. I had been weighing in at 136-139 consistently. Now I'm weighing in at 135-138 consistently. I guess that means I've lost about a pound. It's a recovery week this week, so yesterday all I had was a 30 minute ride and a 30 minute swim. Today it's a 30 minute run and a 30 minute ride. Woo!

THAT is not recovery lol. You’re a tank, F!

I had a very sluggish day yesterday. I managed 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 of ab work, then I was done. Today will be a lot better. I made sure to go to bed early last night. Sitting at 139, hoping to drop to 137 by this weekend. I feel like I have such a long way to go.

That's great! Glad the half-marathon went well!

I weighed myself yesterday evening at 135 pounds. I had been weighing in at 136-139 consistently. Now I'm weighing in at 135-138 consistently. I guess that means I've lost about a pound. It's a recovery week this week, so yesterday all I had was a 30 minute ride and a 30 minute swim. Today it's a 30 minute run and a 30 minute ride. Woo!

Thank you F, I like your nice relaxing bricks for your recovery week. Effective combo! Maybe I will add in the occasional bike ride on the weekends. Nice.

I am like you, weighed in at 137 - 138 last week, but then hit 136 and holding. 12 pounds in 90 days, 1.5 down so far. Using the LoseIt app. Love it.

My regular routine is intervals/cross-training 3x/week (TThS), plus a 5 - 10 m run on Sundays. This is effective for fitness because it focuses on larger muscles so it cranks up the metabolism - like your routine does. I am adding in an easy 3 mile run on Wednesdays, and a yoga class on Wednesday nights, because I want to bring my 10k time down to sub 11, and sub 10 by next year.

"Enjoy the journey."

Took a rest day yesterday -- so today I hit the spin bike. (There, I posted it, so now I have to DO it!)

Ate a TON yesterday, but still woke up thinner: 1 quart orange/grapefruit juice..... veg curry w rice..... big salad.... baked potatoes w vegan cheez sauce.

All in all, a good day.

Blehhh. Day started great with an hour long spin class. Then there was a violent incident at my son's school. I got him out of there by noon and we hung out watching the news all day with our respective comfort foods -- pizza and ice cream for him, guacamole and skinny margaritas for me.

So I messed up my diet, but it was a traumatic day for my kid, even though he had nothing to do with what happened. Not 9-11 bad, but pretty messed up for both of us!

Maybe I can get him to go on a hike with me in the woods this week. In any case, I'll try and hit the ski machine tomorrow!

The other thread became inactive so I'll be a full time resident here now!

Worked out yesterday, and today. Absolutely exhausted at work today, lethargic, please shoot me now kind of feeling. Not sure what is going on... My nutrition has been impeccable, skimping on a little sleep, but 6 hours should be enough...hitting me like a sack of bricks.

On the good side, I got me a date #3 for Saturday.... so gotta snap out of it>

Blehhh. Day started great with an hour long spin class. Then there was a violent incident at my son's school. I got him out of there by noon and we hung out watching the news all day with our respective comfort foods -- pizza and ice cream for him, guacamole and skinny margaritas for me.

So I messed up my diet, but it was a traumatic day for my kid, even though he had nothing to do with what happened. Not 9-11 bad, but pretty messed up for both of us!

Maybe I can get him to go on a hike with me in the woods this week. In any case, I'll try and hit the ski machine tomorrow!

Oh dear, I hope it wasn't the stabbing? Heard about that... so sad and terrible. Not sure what's getting into people these days

I reckon you get a free pass, and sometimes the bad food can even "kick start" more fatloss

The other thread became inactive so I'll be a full time resident here now!

Oh I see, we are second best ;-) Only joking, glad you are here!!!

Then there was a violent incident at my son's school. I got him out of there by noon and we hung out watching the news all day with our respective comfort foods -- pizza and ice cream for him, guacamole and skinny margaritas for me.

Oh dear, I hope it wasn't the stabbing? Heard about that... so sad and terrible. Not sure what's getting into people these days

Goodness, I think the pizza and margaritas are more than well deserved!

Archived