"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hehe you guys really keep me going when I'm tempted to say "to *&^% with this crap." You know, those days where it's tempting just to grab stuff because you feel blah and don't feel like cooking or making something. Then I read what everyone else is doing and get a bit of that determination back.

Totally agree. I've had a lot of blah days!!

I think I am pretty much back to normal now (apart from it being THAT time of the month) so hopefully I can get a good run now. My illness has held me back more than I would have liked it too. I'm trying not to put too much stock on my actual weight loss. As has already been said, our bodies fluctuate all the time when it comes to weight. However, weighing in does give me the knowledge that I am heading in the right direction but I'm not going to get het up over how little or how much of a loss it I have made. I will know when I've hit certain milestones when I fit into certain clothes.

….. So anyway - being back to normal WITHOUT medication? That's something I didn't think would ever happen. I'd been told not to expect it, that I'd be taking that medication for the rest of my life.

Fantastic!

So thank you, all of you, for just posting here regularly, giving me something to constantly strive to stick with, and a group to do this with. I sincerely would NOT have gotten this far without you!!!

I second that!

That's great -- congratulations on being almost med-free!!!

A really bad cold like you've just been through DOES take a toll on weight loss -- and everything else. Last month my son and I were both down for 3 weeks with really bad colds/coughs/sore throats/fever, everything. It's just a part of life. The important thing is to get right back on track, not get discouraged, and keep going.

As for me, I woke up pretty sore this morning but feeling in a much better place. The spinning is still hard but I was able to take it down a bit yesterday, so I'm hoping I can do more workouts per week soon. It's just about having patience with myself until I'm back at my old level.

Diet-wise, I'm doing good with this week with smoothies, curry and rice, and big salads.

Onwards!

I think I might be allergic to the antibiotic the doctor prescribed for my throat infection...

Not going to sugar coat it. I lay awake most of the night itching and now I have to go to work drugged on Benadryl. Miserable.

Heated some leftover soup for breakfast. I’ll just have to buy something for lunch, like a salad or a juice.

Weight is maintaining, not dropping. Getting grumpy.

I ended my bulk 12 weeks ago at 225 lbs (102kg). Weighed 207 lbs (94 kg) this morning. Average 1.5 lbs per week. Science!

The changes in the mirror make up for being weaker in the gym, and not getting to eat like an animal.

Goal is 195 lbs by the time no shirt weather comes around....which might not come this year!

I ended my bulk 12 weeks ago at 225 lbs (102kg). Weighed 207 lbs (94 kg) this morning. Average 1.5 lbs per week. Science!

The changes in the mirror make up for being weaker in the gym, and not getting to eat like an animal.

Goal is 195 lbs by the time no shirt weather comes around....which might not come this year!

You can do it!!! however, not being able to eat like an animal is very sad....

I've been a good girl this week so far. Without boring you with the details it has been most fruit and soup so far … and plenty of water. I might treat myself tonight and have salmon and cous cous.

Sounds YUMMY. I've got some quinoa I haven't had the patience to work with, and I'm thinking about trying to start that this weekend. Any suggestions - it's the unrinsed, and the sieve holes are probably big enough I can't rinse it in that. Cheesecloth, maybe? Recipes, anyone? I'm considering trying this one:

link removed

I miss being in an area with fresh fruit stands - I'm in desert country, so the only thing we can get really fresh, for the most part, is citrus. The things I'm used to getting roadside - melons, nectarines, peaches, apples, pears - mostly don't grow so well here. *cry* Ditto veggies.

As for me, I woke up pretty sore this morning but feeling in a much better place. The spinning is still hard but I was able to take it down a bit yesterday, so I'm hoping I can do more workouts per week soon. It's just about having patience with myself until I'm back at my old level.

Yeah, when I first went back to the gym it was rather humbling - even though I wasn't exactly weak, I was nothing as resilient as I had been when I was fit previously. And it can be tough when your body isn't QUITE as enthusiastic about diving in as your brain!

A really bad cold like you've just been through DOES take a toll on weight loss -- and everything else. Last month my son and I were both down for 3 weeks with really bad colds/coughs/sore throats/fever, everything. It's just a part of life. The important thing is to get right back on track, not get discouraged, and keep going.

I'll second that - when your sick, getting better is more important than anything else, and your body knows it - so it prioritizes where all those nutrients go. Really glad you're feeling better, being sick in the spring and fall just SUCKS. Even though the shifting weather doesn't "make you sick" it sure doesn't help you stay healthy, either!

I should send you our weather - it was 91 yesterday. Yes, 91 degrees in MARCH. Blargh. It's almost never cover up weather, shorts and t shirts through the year, so on the incentive side, well, staying covered, is not an option

You can do it!!! however, not being able to eat like an animal is very sad....

It is sad! I cut 20 lbs, and lost 20 lbs on my 3x8 bench press

I've got the nutrition dialed in, so reaching 195 lbs body weight should happen by mid-late May.

Now...will it be warm yet by August!?!?!

I forgot where you lived!!!! You got plenty of time before you have to rip off the T-shirt!!!

I hate the way the body works sometimes --- I lost 20 lbs on the "grief diet" and it turns out, much of it was cannabilized muscle!!!!

Gained back the muscle in the past 8 months --- and of course, much of the 20lbs!

Now dropping weight and balancing the weight loss so that it is 3/4 fat and 1/4 muscle.

I hate the way the body works sometimes --- I lost 20 lbs on the "grief diet" and it turns out, much of it was cannabilized muscle!!!!

Gained back the muscle in the past 8 months --- and of course, much of the 20lbs!

Now dropping weight and balancing the weight loss so that it is 3/4 fat and 1/4 muscle.

Unfortunately stress related weight loss takes a huge toll on muscle. If you're like me grief = self starving

Those bike workouts you do that make you want to puke are great for high fat/muscle burn! Post-workout nausea is a sign of fat metabolism.

Being in a 500-1000 calorie deficit most days, I try to make sure I have some amount protein digesting at all times. Thankfully a 1000 cal deficit is still 2200 for me, or I'd go mad.

I'd tell you to eat yer meat...but you already know that

Yes --- grief for me is complete lack of appetite.

Biking and eliptical and even mini circuits of weight training for an hour with no "break" between have resulted in fat burn. Nausea is my new buddy!!!

Last month managed 160 calorie deficit a day, from surplus the month before --- so almost a swing of 360 calories a day.

Am very much focusing on eating copious amounts of protein.....

Been away dealing with some major life issues. You all sound like you are keeping on track and I am so proud of you. I fell off due to all the stress I am under. It's hard to keep my head afloat.

I want to re-commit. I want to start over today. I can do this, because all of you are and you inspire me.

Unfortunately stress related weight loss takes a huge toll on muscle. If you're like me grief = self starving

Those bike workouts you do that make you want to puke are great for high fat/muscle burn! Post-workout nausea is a sign of fat metabolism.

Being in a 500-1000 calorie deficit most days, I try to make sure I have some amount protein digesting at all times. Thankfully a 1000 cal deficit is still 2200 for me, or I'd go mad.

I'd tell you to eat yer meat...but you already know that

I am practically starving and no weight is coming off- is that due to the stress?

link removed

This seems to be pretty accurate, it came within 28 cals/day for what my doc recommended and what link removed recommended.

I've been pretty obsessive about tracking my intake on livestrong - it helps me a lot, since I tend to overestimate what I've consumed based on the bulk since veggies are bulky. And helps me remember what I had that day, since on hectic days, it can get to be a bit much to remember in my head what was today, and what was yesterday. Sad, I know.

Good for you Sharky!

My exercise has been really limited this week. I've been dealing with this allergic reaction/allergy meds making me sooo out of it, that after 8 hours of work, I come home and crash. Not in the best place right now, but I am keeping my food healthy with green salads and lean proteins (chia, edamame, shrimp, etc...) and fresh juices. I am going to go to the gym after work tonight and get some cardio in since I'm feeling a bit more oomph today.

My new mantra-- weight loss is a journey, not a destination.

A marathon... not a sprint.

Or as my trainer says....a lifestyle!

Good for you Sharky!

My exercise has been really limited this week. I've been dealing with this allergic reaction/allergy meds making me sooo out of it, that after 8 hours of work, I come home and crash. Not in the best place right now, but I am keeping my food healthy with green salads and lean proteins (chia, edamame, shrimp, etc...) and fresh juices. I am going to go to the gym after work tonight and get some cardio in since I'm feeling a bit more oomph today.

My new mantra-- weight loss is a journey, not a destination.

link removed

This seems to be pretty accurate, it came within 28 cals/day for what my doc recommended and what link removed recommended.

I've been pretty obsessive about tracking my intake on livestrong - it helps me a lot, since I tend to overestimate what I've consumed based on the bulk since veggies are bulky. And helps me remember what I had that day, since on hectic days, it can get to be a bit much to remember in my head what was today, and what was yesterday. Sad, I know.

Thank you I will try this!

Archived