"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

Did an hour of interval cardio on the elliptical today. Hit my goal of five miles.

Husband and I bought a better juicer. We’re going to be doing a week of completely juice fasting, and the cheap one we had just wasn’t going to be able to keep up. The new one is so nice and quiet, and we get a ton more juice out of it, so we’ll be saving on produce costs in the long run.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my spinning in for the day -- so I'm 3 days in for 7!!!!! Boo yah.

Did an hour of interval cardio on the elliptical today. Hit my goal of five miles.

Husband and I bought a better juicer. We’re going to be doing a week of completely juice fasting, and the cheap one we had just wasn’t going to be able to keep up. The new one is so nice and quiet, and we get a ton more juice out of it, so we’ll be saving on produce costs in the long run.

A week long juice-fast sounds great -- and congrats on your new machine!!

Been having lots of miso soup the past several days, so today I'm doing salad, smoothies and orange/grapefruit juice, basically because I have produce that needs to be used soon.

Maybe I'll get inspired when you're on the fast and join in for a few days!

Biked 75 minutes yesterday. I went pretty hard, and I felt pretty good throughout. Cycling is my worst discipline, so I felt pretty good about my workout.

I went shopping for food. I spent $33, which with the $10 I spent on food the other day, I'm almost halfway through my monthly budget. Ugh. I think I got enough that I won't need to go shopping for a while, though. I got milk, eggs, and two loaves of bread. That alone is enough to carry me for a week!

For produce, I got apples, oranges, bananas, potatoes, and celery. I already have a lot of carrots. I try to buy produce that's under $1/lb which helps with keeping the cost down. In any case, I should be able to eat better for the next two weeks. I've still got yummy minestrone soup for lunch today.

Bought Chia seeds yesterday and tried them, they're very tasty and fairly healthy (allegedly) has anyone tried them? They mixed in nicely with some protein powder, greek yogurt, and almond butter

I accidentally dumped out about half a cup in the morning, shrugged, and still ate it. Might become a super human

image removed

You can also use soaked chia seed as an egg replacement in most baked good recipes (like muffins etc.) they work in a similar way--as a binder. Good to use if you have an egg allergy or cholesterol issue or just want a healthier alternative, but still want to keep some protein content in the recipe.

I came home from the gym to soup made of cabbage, potato, beets, tomatoes, etc... It’s not exactly juice, but it’s still okay I think.

Either way, I did 7 miles tonight so I think I’m doing all right in terms of being healthy. Juice all day, a good cardio workout, then a veggie-packed soup? Should be fine lol

Bought Chia seeds yesterday and tried them, they're very tasty and fairly healthy (allegedly) has anyone tried them? They mixed in nicely with some protein powder, greek yogurt, and almond butter

Looks like chia seeds are next on my shopping list.

Had a good week. On average I have managed a thirty minute work out on the stepper every other day (probably more than that) which isn't quite the work-out you guys are doing but it is better than nothing! Food-wise I've also been doing green smoothies and soup this week.

Anyway its weigh in friday so here goes ….

Weight: 140lbs (10st)

Loss: 2lbs

I think it would have been more had I not had a very bad day food wise yesterday. I did a very bad thing. I met up with my ex!! That is a whole different story however but in short I have not seen or even spoken to him in 6 months. He contacted me out of the blue asking to meet up and we spent the whole day together. Anyway, we did what we always used to do (and why I managed to put on weight during our relationship) …. we ate - rather a lot!

Today I am feeling depressed. Evidently I couldn't handle meeting up with him as I thought I could. My emotions have been whipped up a real treat and our now have an emotional storm brewing inside me. I am either going to stuff my face with comfort foods all day or not eat at all. As yet I haven't managed to eat anything this morning so it will likely be the latter. At least it will make up for yesterday.

You know what they say about an old fool … well that's me!

2lbs when you're only 140 is great. I follow Dr Perricone's diet and he raves about chia seeds. He recommends a good way to curb a hunger is to mix some chia seeds in water and leave for a little while. They form a very translucent like paste which when you drink it alleviates hunger somewhat and apparently is very good for endurance while doing cardio.

Totally vanished again but rooting for you guys! I fear weight loos might just be too much with all I'm going through now. Being physically ill, having no place to live and being unable to work in addition to new relationship bf trouble and family issues seems to be taking up my time. I do try my best to eat well and have been working out but the amount of stress I'm under just isn't going to let me lost these 15 annoying pounds. I'm here for you all!

Also, I have never had insecurity issues about weight or looks but I have with everything else about me. Since these topics sort of cross over, I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Totally vanished again but rooting for you guys! I fear weight loos might just be too much with all I'm going through now. Being physically ill, having no place to live and being unable to work in addition to new relationship bf trouble and family issues seems to be taking up my time. I do try my best to eat well and have been working out but the amount of stress I'm under just isn't going to let me lost these 15 annoying pounds. I'm here for you all!

Also, I have never had insecurity issues about weight or looks but I have with everything else about me. Since these topics sort of cross over, I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

That's way too much stress to apply the huge amount of commitment it takes to drop and keep off 15lbs IMO, plus your cortisol will be through the roof and make it harder to lose weight due to insulin sensitivity.

^

exactly what hausser said.

I was ready to throw the scale through the window this morning. STILL sitting at 5 oz to lose until I get to 139. I am just not dropping any weight and tbh, I am getting frustrated.

Redrose have you got a log? Perhaps you need to change the stimulus somewhat.

2lbs when you're only 140 is great. I follow Dr Perricone's diet and he raves about chia seeds. He recommends a good way to curb a hunger is to mix some chia seeds in water and leave for a little while. They form a very translucent like paste which when you drink it alleviates hunger somewhat and apparently is very good for endurance while doing cardio.

I had the best cardio day to-date this morning, after large amount of chia seed binge. Perhaps its true

Erg. My weight is just not moving at all. I think I look thinner than I did a couple of months ago, but the scale is just not changing! It's strange because I'm not eating that much, and other than my candy habit (which I'm not willing to completely get rid of-- I need some joy in my life!) it's reasonably healthy when I'm not dying for groceries. The boyfriend is actually worried that I'm not eating enough with all the exercise I've been doing. Clearly I am, though, or else I'd be losing these last few pounds!

I worry that my accidental weight loss fiasco a year ago messed up my metabolism long term...

other than my candy habit (which I'm not willing to completely get rid of-- I need some joy in my life!)

Ha I'm the same with coffee. On a serious note though it is incredibly frustrating when the massive effort you/we/us put in amounts to tiny increments on the scale, mirror etc. I guess that is half the battle with this, perseverance despite things not seeming to move. I'm finding since passing 30 it takes an exponentially larger amount of effort to invoke the changes that were easy in my early to mid twenties.

Oh no!!!! Not the ex.....

At least now you know what NOT to do in the future (meeting up with him). Please be good to yourself today!

I should have already known from last time. Oh well, c'est la vie. It hasn't knocked me off my feet too much. I've pretty much worked through my emotions now but it did affect my appetite and I didn't each much today.

Archived