"My Skinny Summer" Weight Loss Journey

Tanzi

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My MIL actually (for once) has an expression she uses - instead of a DIE-t, she calls it a LIVE-t (live-it) since it's a change to a way of living. It does tend to distract people from the "diet" word and make the point that it's eating healthier for LIVING, not deprivation.

My weight seems to have stabilized again around 165. Exercise (back in the gym this week and increased my difficulty) and eating like I should. I seem to hit plateaus like that every so often, like stepping stones.

Though on occasion, I admit, some of those bad things SOUND good. Thing is, every time I give in and take a taste, the imagination of my taste buds, the fantasy if you will, FAR exceeds the reality.

Well, just incredibly sore yesterday after spinning! Feeling better today, though.

I know I've come a real distance in just a month in terms of getting my strength back. And anytime I've lost a sizable amount it's been due to the combination of daily brutal exercise and clean eating. The problem is having PATIENCE. In 6 weeks I'll be at my goal, or close to it. So I just need to keep moving forward, a day at a time, nose to the grindstone....

Oh well. Today's my 4th day of the 5-day challenge! Yesterday was spinning, so today is ski machine.

On track with eating yesterday: banana-celery smoothie.... big salad with orange-tahini dressing..... and a chickpea flour/veggie pancake for dinner -- yum! I made one for my son and he liked it too, so that's a double win.

Patience is the toughest part, I agree. I am going to follow your lead and do a four day challenge this week. Today-Weds.

My patience has waned a little bit, as no one in my family has even noticed that I've lost weight, or if they have, they haven't said anything. It's discouraging. My sister and I were trying on tops and I thought the medium might be a bit too loose. I put on the small and she was like, no, don't do the small. If only she knew how hard it is just to get this 15 pounds off. I would have been a large not too long ago.

Regardless, I had a big bowl of oatmeal with fresh apples for breakfast.

*groan*

I've been a good girl. I've been eating right, been working out - skipped Thursday but that was because I had a million other things going on. Went Friday, Saturday, and even today in among the madness. With my son again. So once again, he pushed me to my limits, hence the groan.

And somehow - I've gained TWO POUNDS. HOW??? I swear, the ONLY thing I can think of is I used some pre-made chicken stock to make a healthy chicken soup a couple days ago - and allowed myself one slice of corned beef yesterday, both of which have WAY more sodium than I'm accustomed to these days now that I don't eat much pre-prepared stuff. Water? Maybe? UGH.

I can tell there's a definite difference in my capacity working out wise - I've been able to increase weights and spin difficulty and still power through, albeit with some grunting and groaning. So I sure hope this is just water!!!

It's only faux weight, don't stress. I know that's the worst feeling though!

I got back to the gym today finally. Oh it felt so good to be bending and flexing and lifting weights. I've decided I have to go in the mornings for now if I want to get a work out in because there just isn't time in the evenings between all this real estate business. Had a fairly light easter dinner, just ham, roasted veggies, and mashed carrots/turnips. I did have a slice of lemon meringue pie for dessert

If I can manage to lose five pounds in between all this house-hunting craziness in the next few weeks, I will be SO proud of myself.

5 pounds -- ? You got that!

Well I got my NordicTrack done yesterday, so today is Day 5 of my challenge, wooo hooooo! I'm due for a spin class.

I have to say, I woke up this morning to a pretty astounding transformation! I even tried on a pair of jeans I hadn't been able to wear for a year -- and they were snug, but they fit!!! All the crazy weight I gained during the year after my injury is pretty much gone, now it's just getting back down to my ideal size.... no small feat, as I've got several more inches to lose. But doable in 5 weeks, I think!

Now I have to figure out a good workout schedule to take me through the rest of this weight loss journey. I'm thinking of something like:

ski - spin - ski

day off

spin - ski - spin

day off

I also have kettlebells and weights...... but I'm still afraid my shoulder isn't healed enough to start using them yet.

Diet-wise, a good day yesterday: chickpea flour/veggie omelette.... shamrock shake smoothie..... big salad w vegan ranch dressing. Today I'll likely do the same.

Oh boy... where do I start?

My Friday date... Went better than I could of really wished for. Quoting my date towards the end of the evening... "wow...well this was unexpected"

So we had a fire on the beach, had some food, a few drinks... and well without being graphic Then spent the night at her place, had breakfast, longboard along the boardwalk...played volleyball, had lunch, and said our goodbyes.

Besides that I was super hungry Saturday evening...like ravaging... not sure why so ate a lot, and then compensated by working for about 3+ hours on Sunday. Worked out this morning.

Got a date on Wednesday... dinner and a movie..

Any suggestions for a movie? I was thinking Frozen, since I heard it was good, but I'm open for suggestions. As for dinner, I was thinking of making Vietnamese Shrimp Spring rolls, she loves pomegranate so I was considering trying to incorporate it, or making a dish around it.

Back to eating very healthy... I am trying to think of doing something really fun this weekend and obscure, possibly camping (not that obscure) or I'll think of something.

I will say I am happy with my weekend. Spent all of Sunday with my sister, and had a bunch of friends visit my new place... they were blown away by the view

I really like the sounds of this girl. I smell wedding cake lol

I did it. I got up at 6 am, made green juice, and got my butt to the gym. It was legs day I am currently enjoying a strawberries and cream protein smoothie. I figure I can either make excuses and slide back into my old ways, or hold myself accountable and succeed. I choose success.

Grand Budapest Hotel!

For the movie.... not the date, nyuk nyuk.

I love your update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you, you deserve all this and more.

Looks like an excellent movie, but I was thinking of watching the movie at home after dinner!

I really like the sounds of this girl. I smell wedding cake lol

I did it. I got up at 6 am, made green juice, and got my butt to the gym. It was legs day I am currently enjoying a strawberries and cream protein smoothie. I figure I can either make excuses and slide back into my old ways, or hold myself accountable and succeed. I choose success.

thanks I like her too, wedding cakes... haha, pump the brakes redrose!!

good for you. I LOooove morning workouts, there is something about leaving the gym when most people are waking up and already burning more calories than some people will all day. The best thing about mornings... there isn't an excuse really... things don't "come up" at 6am, it's just your will.

hahaha sorry I'm a romantic, what can I say?

I am going to convert myself to morning workouts because of the following:

1. Gym is quieter, all the "toys" are free

2. More energy in the morning

3. Burn calories all day long

4. Get to work earlier-- less rushed than if I had slept in

5. There are never any meetings or appointment scheduled for 6 am

6. My personal favourite-- my workout is done for the day. I don't have to think about it or figure out how to fit it in.

Oh boy... where do I start?

My Friday date... Went better than I could of really wished for. Quoting my date towards the end of the evening... "wow...well this was unexpected"

So we had a fire on the beach, had some food, a few drinks... and well without being graphic Then spent the night at her place, had breakfast, longboard along the boardwalk...played volleyball, had lunch, and said our goodbyes ……

….. Got a date on Wednesday... dinner and a movie..

Any suggestions for a movie? I was thinking Frozen, since I heard it was good, but I'm open for suggestions.

Wow, I'm so pleased for you! The date sounds fantastic.

I wasn't that impressed with Frozen but perhaps that's just me or maybe it's because my girls (who had seen it several times already) "bigger it up too much. What kind of film do you want to watch? How about Bridesmaids for a good RomCom?

OK, so following on from the aforementioned challenges, I have decided to do the 3 day fruit flush detox diet.

It is recommended that you do the flush for only 3 days at a time in but you can do it for 3 days a week, for up to 12 weeks. There is rather a strict regime to follow and exercise isn't recommended whilst you on the fruit flush diet but I did it a few years ago (after a member posted about it on eNA) and I lost 3lbs in 3 days.

OK, so following on from the aforementioned challenges, I have decided to do the 3 day fruit flush detox diet.

It is recommended that you do the flush for only 3 days at a time in but you can do it for 3 days a week, for up to 12 weeks. There is rather a strict regime to follow and exercise isn't recommended whilst you on the fruit flush diet but I did it a few years ago (after a member posted about it on eNA) and I lost 3lbs in 3 days.

^It sounds really interesting -- I can't wait to hear how it goes!

I meanwhile got another spin class in yesterday and so have completed my 5 Day Cardio Challenge -- go, me!

So, today's a rest day. This morning I tried on a pair of skinny jeans that I bought but have NEVER been able to wear and -- voila! They slipped right on. So, I'm feeling pretty GREAT today.

I'm definitely moving on past the half-way mark! I'm really proud of myself for not giving up these past few weeks because believe me I WANTED TO hahahahahaaa!

Diet-wise, a good day yesterday: banana-celery smoothie..... chickpea flour/veggie pancake..... big salad w vegan ranch.... and then a good part of a coconut as a snack. I'll probably do the same today.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

I did great yesterday until dinner time. Husband made pulled pork...next time I will just fix myself something else. It wasn’t worth feeling all blocked up this morning.

Quarter to 7, off to the gym in a moment. Feeling really and truly cranky, but going to power through it, get some good endorphins going Got my veggie juice and made some inedible oatmeal for lunch... going to have to go pick something up at lunchtime.

I am loving my new place... I stretched and did a bunch of ab work in the gym, and then walked (2 blocks) to the beach, and went for a walk there... no better way to start the day.

I know we're all trying to be healthy, and exercise, but what does everyone think of this for a dessert? Date #5 = She likes pomegranates, so I wanted to give this a shot

link removedimage removed

Is that too much?

hahaha sorry I'm a romantic, what can I say?

I am going to convert myself to morning workouts because of the following:

1. Gym is quieter, all the "toys" are free

2. More energy in the morning

3. Burn calories all day long

4. Get to work earlier-- less rushed than if I had slept in

5. There are never any meetings or appointment scheduled for 6 am

6. My personal favourite-- my workout is done for the day. I don't have to think about it or figure out how to fit it in.

I agree with 1-6, my biggest reason is... I can go home after work and just relax, and not have to feel "lazy" about it. And also, way less people.

Wow, I'm so pleased for you! The date sounds fantastic.

I wasn't that impressed with Frozen but perhaps that's just me or maybe it's because my girls (who had seen it several times already) "bigger it up too much. What kind of film do you want to watch? How about Bridesmaids for a good RomCom?

My sister suggested Frozen, but she is also 21 going on 13. I have seen Bridesmaids more than I can count, although it was the movie I'd always watch with my ex... so that's out! I was thinking of watching Last Love with Michael Caine, I saw it once on the airplane and cried, but I don't know if crying is the right emotion hahaha

^It sounds really interesting -- I can't wait to hear how it goes!

I meanwhile got another spin class in yesterday and so have completed my 5 Day Cardio Challenge -- go, me!

So, today's a rest day. This morning I tried on a pair of skinny jeans that I bought but have NEVER been able to wear and -- voila! They slipped right on. So, I'm feeling pretty GREAT today.

I'm definitely moving on past the half-way mark! I'm really proud of myself for not giving up these past few weeks because believe me I WANTED TO hahahahahaaa!

Diet-wise, a good day yesterday: banana-celery smoothie..... chickpea flour/veggie pancake..... big salad w vegan ranch.... and then a good part of a coconut as a snack. I'll probably do the same today.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Sharky You might be inspiring me to try a spin class... I mean I have done them, but my cardio has been a little bit mundane, and I need to kick my own butt a few times to spike some fat loss.

That dessert looks incredible!!! It's not too much. She will love it.

I personally wouldn't choose "Frozen" for a date. What about "Moonrise Kingdom"? That's romantic but not likely to make you break down and weep like a little girly man......

I really enjoy spin! For me, if the sweat isn't pouring in buckets, I'm bored. Unless I'm walking by the ocean. I used to walk on the beach early every morning with my dogs! Best exercise there is.

I am loving my new place... I stretched and did a bunch of ab work in the gym, and then walked (2 blocks) to the beach, and went for a walk there... no better way to start the day.

I know we're all trying to be healthy, and exercise, but what does everyone think of this for a dessert? Date #5 = She likes pomegranates, so I wanted to give this a shot

Is that too much?

Oh gosh, I know I've got a bug now because that looks absolutely wonderful, and I can't stand the idea of eating it. Definitely not too much. But I am (generally) a sugar fiend, so...

Is that too much?

Oh my goodness … YUMMY! Thats just what I need to see after Day 1 of my fruit flush diet! ;-) In fact I've just eaten a bunch of pomegranate seeds but they didn't look like that LOL!

I must admit I've seen Bridesmaids more times than I care to remember too. Perhaps you should ask her if she has any recommendations.

Archived