Today I graduated from university with a master's degree in medicine. It's a shame I cannot feel truly happy anout this as sad emotions of hurting and missing the ex are lingering on my mind. She should have been here with me, I thought we'd last forever. I don't even think she is going to congratulate me.

But hey, I should be proud of what I achieved and accept she is just a part of my past. So starting today, I will start the No Contact 100 day challenge. I am kicking her off the pedestal I put her on, and will try to take care of me and heal. Thanks for all the great advice you ENA'ers have given me already.

Hey hang in there. Getting a master's is a great accomplishment. I am sure you have friends/family/professors who are proud of you for this. I know it's hard to forget someone when you really wish they were there to support you, but sometimes it sucks.

But really, you have done a great thing getting your degree, it will lead you on a path to meet other intelligent people, hopefully

Today is the first day in 7 weeks post-BU that I actually feel it is for the best that we split. It may sound a little arrogant, but I don't mean it that way when I say she would 've probably held me back from the professionnal challenges I may face in the future. She never wanted to move somewhere in between our two families, it was either with her family or with her friends. And I would 've settled for that and just took any job in that neighborhood. So now, I am free to choose whatever I want in my future. It feels deliberating.. I have no doubt that I will feel bad again in a few days as my emotions are so unstable but today is the first day that I am not crying over her.

Today is the first day in 7 weeks post-BU that I actually feel it is for the best that we split. It may sound a little arrogant, but I don't mean it that way when I say she would 've probably held me back from the professionnal challenges I may face in the future. She never wanted to move somewhere in between our two families, it was either with her family or with her friends. And I would 've settled for that and just took any job in that neighborhood. So now, I am free to choose whatever I want in my future. It feels deliberating.. I have no doubt that I will feel bad again in a few days as my emotions are so unstable but today is the first day that I am not crying over her.

Good for you. Feelings do come in cycles after break-ups. I've found that you really need to focus on the positives, like for you, the possibility of going wherever you want for work. Allow yourself time to feel bad, but try not to let it consume *all* of your time... Easier said than done, but it gets easier.

You know, lately I find myself in such an emotional limbo state, it 's really exhausting. Like one moment I have accepted what happened, the next I feel sad again and dissapointed en few hours later I am indifferent. A couple of weeks ago, seeing my friends getting engaged and married etc on fb really made me feel worse and sad and made me feel like a victim, why couldn't I get a long-lasting love, why did I have to go through this AGAIN, for the fourth time or something. But now I am happy for my friends that their relationship is going well, and it gives me a small amount of hope thinking that I too deserve a loving relationship with a partner who would do anything to be with me. And bc I deserve it, I believe that one day it will happen, just like my friends found their true love..

Archived