What is worse for the body Marijuana or alcohol???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really... What does it say?

Know how long bubble gum stays in your system?

bubble gum is actually myth. it leaves your body just like any other food.

Wrong. Cigarettes contain way more toxins than a joint, and have way more cancer causing carcinogens. There is no research whatsoever out there that indicates marijuana smoke being more harmful.

do you have toxicology reports on weed?

Lol... actually thousands die a year from smoking!

that is true thousands die each year from smoking. but not from an overdose like on alcohol.

bubble gum is actually myth. it leaves your body just like any other food.

Thus the emoticon! I said that because its about a odd as asserting that the length of time that something spends in your body has something to do with how bad it is for you.

that is true thousands die each year from smoking. but not from an overdose like on alcohol.

Thats not the point you were trying to make. Had you said that pot and cigarettes are harder to overdose on than booze, you'd be right.

But in context you said:

marijuana smoke is worse than cigarette smoke. that has been proven. smoke is bad for your lungs anyway. and nobody had died from overdose on cigs either. so your point doesn't justify anything on cigs vs. weed.

Overdosing has absolutely nothing to do with it. Point for point, cigarettes are directly responsible for killing more people per user than marijuana. Its irrelevant how they died, as long as its a direct result. Smoking a pack a day and dying of lung cancer is as JUST AS MUCH a result of smoking as overdosing on nicotine.

i know the point i was making tek. but nobody has overdosed on cigs. nobody has overdosed on pot that i know of. but what i was saying was that weed isn't as widely used as cigs. that is why you have all these numbers for cigs and not for weed. keep smoking either way man. see what happens to ya.

and about the weed in your system a month thing, i was just saying it's interesting and could mean something. i never said that is WAS bad because of that. but it could possibly be a sign that it is bad for you.

i know the point i was making tek. but nobody has overdosed on cigs. nobody has overdosed on pot that i know of. but what i was saying was that weed isn't as widely used as cigs. that is why you have all these numbers for cigs and not for weed.

You still aren't getting it though... We have all these deaths in smokers because its more dangerous, not because there are more of them. That's what I am trying to say.

There have been ZERO deaths attributed directly to smoking weed. No overdoses, no cancer patients from long term use. So lets say that in proportion there are only 20 weed smokers to every 100 smokers. Lets say 20 of those smokers die from cigarettes. Since zero weed smokers die from smoking weed, even if the weed smokers upped their population from 20 to 100, there'd still be.... ZERO deaths! Even if there were 1000 weed smokers for every 100 cigarette smokers, there'd still be zero deaths! Maybe if there 100,000 weed smokers to every 100 smokers we would have a death or two, who knows.. can't say for sure since there's never been one.

If you take 100 lifelong weed smokers and 100 lifelong cigarette smokers there are more death in the cigarette smokers group.

We don't hear of people dying from weed because there aren't enough people smoking it (trust me, there are a LOT of pot smokers out there), we don't hear of people dying from weed because people just don't die from smoking it.

keep smoking either way man. see what happens to ya.

Weed's boring, I don't smoke it more than once or twice a month now. But when I was smoking weed everyday I was in much better condition than when I smoking a pack-a-day.

cause cig smokers are more frequent. they smoke on average i dunno 1 every half hour. have a joint every half hour and see where that gets your lungs. there is not way on an autopsy they can say, yep weed. it's all death by asphyxiation or smoke in the lungs. they can't say yep cigs, yep weed, yep crack. lung cancer is lung cancer.

Scientific tests have long concluded that the effects of prolonged cannabis use can lead to psychosis and psychiatric disorders.

Short-term:

Both impair judgement

Both cause memory loss

Cannabis is illegal: Alcohol is not

You can easily become addicted to the nicotine in cannibas cigarettes

Alcohol damages the liver; Cannabis has been proven to harm the lungs more than nicotine

But the most important thing for me is that you no longer know what is added to cannabis. Research has shown that glass beads are used to give the appearance of 'pollen' residue; which is in itself a myth that it makes the cannabis stronger.

• Like 1

What is this about glass beads? Do you have any articles on it.... pot usually looks prety unprocessed and I can't imagine breaking up glass beads or smoking them and not knowing it was glass, I mean, it wouldn't even smoke.... I'm confused ](*,)

I know they say the strains that are around more have a lot more THC in them, but I don't know about chemicals being added or glass beads put on them.

cause cig smokers are more frequent. they smoke on average i dunno 1 every half hour. have a joint every half hour and see where that gets your lungs. there is not way on an autopsy they can say, yep weed. it's all death by asphyxiation or smoke in the lungs. they can't say yep cigs, yep weed, yep crack. lung cancer is lung cancer.

Absolutely. That is the main reason you see more cigarette smokers develop lung cancer than pot smokers because of the frequency. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a person who smokes over 20 joints a day eveyday but that is commonplace for a smoker.

Ya I'll agree with you there, if you smoked 20 joints a day you'd be worse off than the guy that smoked 20 cigarettes a day. Actually, ifg you smoked 20 joints a day you'd probably be retarded! But I'm talking about average pot user vs. average nicotine user.

Research has shown that glass beads are used to give the appearance of 'pollen' residue; which is in itself a myth that it makes the cannabis stronger.

hahaha. what? Glass in weed? That's definitely lulzworthy! Who told you that?

No... they don't put glass in weed. That sort of thing is bad for business!

There have been ZERO deaths attributed directly to smoking weed...., no cancer patients from long term use.

I don't think you can say that at all. You can't say smoking cannabis is not harmful. Scientists are still learning about the effects of cannabis thereforeeee you can't say it is safe. What IS known about cannabis is this:

*"Cannabis smoke contains the same cancer causing substances (carcinogens) as tobacco - at least 50 of them."

*One of the carcinogens in cannabis smoke is benzyprene. "Benzyprene is in the tar of both tobacco and cannabis cigarettes. We know that benzyprene causes cancer. It alters a gene called p53, which is a tumour suppressor gene. We know that 3 out of 4 lung cancers (75%) are linked to this gene. The p53 gene is also linked to many other cancers."

*"Cannabis also contains a substance called THC (tetrahydrocanabinol).... Researchers have shown that THC causes benzpyrene to promote the p53 gene to alter."

*"Substances in tar cause cancer. Cannabis cigarettes don’t have a filter, so more of the tar reaches the lungs."

*"Several research studies have shown a link between cannabis and cancer. But other studies have shown no link. This makes it difficult to say exactly what the risk is."

*"We do know that, like tobacco, cannabis contains cancer causing substances. thereforeeee it would seem likely to increase cancer risk."

Information above is taken from the Cancer Research UK site.

This is just information regarding cancer, there have been studies that suggest cannabis could have an adverse affect on things like mental health and even gum health.

Ya I'll agree with you there, if you smoked 20 joints a day you'd be worse off than the guy that smoked 20 cigarettes a day. Actually, ifg you smoked 20 joints a day you'd probably be retarded! But I'm talking about average pot user vs. average nicotine user.

hahaha. what? Glass in weed? That's definitely lulzworthy! Who told you that?

No... they don't put glass in weed. That sort of thing is bad for business!

I would hate to think that you are:

1. Glorifying cannabis use

2. Mocking me

link removed

link removed

link removed

Originally Posted by teknoise

There have been ZERO deaths attributed directly to smoking weed...., no cancer patients from long term use.

Wrong. My ex brother in law got lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette a day in his life. But guess what? He was a chronic pot smoker.

If i know a firsthand example in my travels alone you can bet there are many more out there. It is just not as advertised because most people who do get it are not on Nightline saying "hey i smoke an illegal drug and now it gave me cancer".

People are not as vocal about their pot usage as those who smoke cigarettes because cigarettes are legal. NOt as many want to admit to anyone, not even their doctor, that they are using illegal drugs, thus rendering public stats skewed and not very useful.

At the end of the day, the government cannot tax cannabis, which is why it is illegal. The government of our society couldnt give a toss, whether these drugs, kill people. Alcohol kills people, tobacco kills people, as does cannabis, its the responsibility of the user that matters. There are warning labels on the front of cigarette packages, and alcohol bottles. To say that cannabis is worse than cigarettes, doesnt justify smoking cigarettes instead.

At the end of the day, the government cannot tax cannabis, which is why it is illegal. The government of our society couldnt give a toss, whether these drugs, kill people. Alcohol kills people, tobacco kills people, as does cannabis, its the responsibility of the user that matters. There are warning labels on the front of cigarette packages, and alcohol bottles. To say that cannabis is worse than cigarettes, doesnt justify smoking cigarettes instead.

Know, saying it is worse does not justify smoking cigarettes. I am not sure anyone said it did. The point was there are no concrete facts supporting it is less harmful.

• 1 month later...
Wrong. My ex brother in law got lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette a day in his life. But guess what? He was a chronic pot smoker.[/quote=JadedStar;2346984]

And my grandmother died of lung cancer, never touching either.

My grandfather been smoking 2 packs a day since he was 9 and is 67 or 68 right now, no cancer.

Both are bad. If one were to abuse. I'd say alcohol is worse to abuse.

I know people who smoke 20 joints a day, if not more. The kids gums were black because of all the tar. Marijuana definitely causes cancer. New research(don't know how biased it was) has concluded that 1 marijuana cigaratte is equal to a pack of tobacco cigarettes in terms of lung cancer.

• 11 months later...

Pot does cause violence. I have been subject to it in my past relationship. Also, pot causes mental illness and it IS addictive. I do not condone excessive use of any drug but it is much betterfor you to have one drink than it is to have one cone.