What is worse for the body Marijuana or alcohol???

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a toss up.... i think and wanna believe weed is a little less harmfull then alcohol..

of course pure good weed.. not junk.. weed side effects mainly lungs and loss of short term memory...

Long-term Effects

a. Can cause the following medical conditions: respiratory problems, lung damage, and cancer.

b. Memory and concentration impairments.

c. Possible motivational syndrome

long term on alcohol

Damage to vital organs; including liver, heart and pancreas.

Linked to several medical conditions; including gastro intestinal problems, malnutrition, high blood pressure, and lower resistance to disease. Also linked to several types of cancer; including esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas and colon

from the looks of it.. weed might have less side effects.........

i am being biased here but i am more comfortable being around someone who likes weed because they are usually more laid back than people who do alcohol who are partiers and such. i just don't relate to partiers.

I def enjoy doing both.. in moderation.... having said that....

everybody lets rooollll a phat one..........

Weed kills synapses in your brain but I still think alcohol is far worse...

Drunk people do way worse things that people high on weed.. and what about vomiting blood, I think I've only seen people who consume copious amounts of alcohol do that. Weed on the other had, you just want to eat and eat and eat so it contributes to weight gain I guess, lol. Because you eatttt and then you fall asleep.

• 5 months later...

The vast percentage of AandE admissions in the UK are for alcohol related incidents. It is a social menace that costs lives in many many ways both directly and indirectly, costs the tax payer in medical and social order terms and over stretches the health system, regularly putting more deserving people down the list for treatment. Alcoholism is a recognised disease.

My mother is now sober 20 yrs after going through rehab twice for alcoholism. It almost cost her her life, her health, her sanity, it ruined her marriage, she lost her driving licence, almost lost her freedom and contributed to me having a few issues as I was a teenager when all this was happening. Alcohol is chemically addictive therefore much more potent in terms of addiction.

My own struggle with weed lasted over 10 yrs and cost me my motivation, lost opportunities, a couple of relationships, my self esteem, my self worth, alot of money and maybe my health in later life from the effects of smoking.

Medical research seems to suggest that any impaired brain function returns once a person quits smoking the stuff. I can vouch for that. It is only psychologically addictive and much easier to quit than alcohol and has few social ills apart from the illegal trade and a desire to withdraw for many. It also has many positive effects if used in the right way. Though withdrawl from life for regular smokers can be very debilitating..

Weigh up the balance for yourselves.

Socially I feel long term alcohol abuse is much worse than weed but its a nice taxed legal drug so its ok then..hmm. One of the worst effects from alcohol is that it causes violence. Even a few too many on a weekend can create havoc for anyone. That just doesn't happen with weed no matter how the hysterical media try to paint it. You only have to look at reality TV in the Uk and the slew of junk programmes to see its effect. Its really grim. I have never seen an 17 yr old girl with her skirt round her ankles lying in the street from a few joints. I have never seen anyone punch someone in the face after a few joints yet week in week out this happens after a few drinks to many who probably don't even get a sniff of the stuff during the week and are usually decent people. Obviously this is binge drinking but binge weed smoking..well.. I loved the munchies, the music and the films. But it still ruined my life in so many ways. But it only affected me and thats my point.

I've also noticed when there is stabbing, in London say, often the sensationalist end of the media will quote the perpetrators as high on weed. Why do they demonise it in this way? I know the answer to that, just a statement. Though in combination with booze the paranoia with weed can be very dangerous and this is often not quoted.

With weed ..long term use really only effects those who may have previous issues..which I did. It was emotional avoidance. Deal with those emotions and most can stop weed quite easily. With booze, the chemicals make you crave it physically and emotionally.. To me that is much worse.

A few drinks or a few joints now and again is harmless if you keep to that. Everything in moderation.

THC is "fat soluble", which means it remains in the brain which is a very fatty organ. This is why extensive pot-smoking makes you stupid.

If you actually read the research it states..lack of effect on the brain in terms of memory or cognitive function once heavy long term users have quit for a number of months.

The studies found the same result after a week of stopping.

It can affect working memory while smoking it but again..nothing long term.

It's also proving to be beneficial to many patients in pain relief.

Its abuse of any substance that causes problems..so yeah..everything in moderation.